Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

why don't freo give us the first rounders they got for Logue and Lobb? Oh wait.

Melb will get Freo's 2 first rounders and either 1 in the top 8 or some future 2nds or something to make up for being paid unders.

He wanted to go there, but he was also committed to getting freo a good deal, because he was genuinely homesick and his main priority was getting home. So instead, he chose Carlton.

Once again, had he nominated Melbourne, he would have found his way there.
that couldn't be more incorrect. Do your research before posting. There is actual vision of him in the Stan series of Cerra saying that Melbourne was his preferred destination. It is well understood that Carlton wasn't his first choice.

that couldn't be more incorrect. Do your research before posting. There is actual vision of him in the Stan series of Cerra saying that Melbourne was his preferred destination. It is well understood that Carlton wasn't his first choice.
Is that not what I said? He preferred to go to Melbourne but was happy to go to Carlton bc it meant a deal would get done and freo would be compensated.

“I did consider Melbourne,” Cerra said.

“I wouldn’t say their Grand Final success would’ve changed my decision, I knew from the start what I was basing my decisions on and I wanted to be somewhere where I can try build and be part of something special and somewhere where I can grow to be my best self and have an impact.

“Carlton from early days when I requested a trade fit that match really well, I remember saying to my manager that they were my number one preference and they’ve been great to me."

“I gave Melbourne the opportunity to pitch and they were very impressive, they’ve got a very good football club and will be successful for a long time and they were grateful I gave them the opportunity.

“I sent them a message when I did nominate Carlton thanking them for their pitch and I hope to build something very similar at Carlton.”

“I wouldn’t say their Grand Final success would’ve changed my decision, I knew from the start what I was basing my decisions on and I wanted to be somewhere where I can try build and be part of something special and somewhere where I can grow to be my best self and have an impact.

“Carlton from early days when I requested a trade fit that match really well, I remember saying to my manager that they were my number one preference and they’ve been great to me."

“I gave Melbourne the opportunity to pitch and they were very impressive, they’ve got a very good football club and will be successful for a long time and they were grateful I gave them the opportunity.

“I sent them a message when I did nominate Carlton thanking them for their pitch and I hope to build something very similar at Carlton.”
yeah...so he nominated to his manager that he wanted to go to melbourne but once it became obvious a trade couldn't get done, he "nominated" Carlton. That article told me nothing I didn't already know.

Tim lamb really does seem to think he’s the next dodoro.
Apparently “every” player looking for a trade out of Melbourne is a star/loves the club/isn’t going anywhere and is always valued at twice the amount the buying club proposes

Getting a well deserved reputation as the biggest flog of trade week.

Look forward to trade weeks in the future when the shoes on the other foot

Clubs don’t easily forget his type of floggery
You are so far off the mark it isn't even funny.

Lamb has a reputation for being very reasonable to trade with over a number of years.

All this tough talk is all part of negotiations and theatre. Remember when Bell "walked away" from Hogan?

A deal that satisfies everyone will be done.

So player, once at new club, says his new club was always his number one preference?

I’m shocked.

I was expecting “Well, truth be told I’d prefer to be at the reigning premier, but you know, now I’m at Carlton instead, so I’ll just have to make the best of it.”.

It’s a weird flex anyway. “See, see, I told you the player running away from my club wanted to run away more to a different club than your club. Ha!”

He wanted to go there, but he was also committed to getting freo a good deal, because he was genuinely homesick and his main priority was getting home. So instead, he chose Carlton.

Once again, had he nominated Melbourne, he would have found his way there.

Pretty sure it was because Freo wanted more than we either could or were prepared to give up which seems very similar to the situation now with Jackson. Guess that means Bell earned himself a poor reputation for doing that last year and this is all just it coming back to bite him, hey fnerd?

At some point this will probably end up to be about fan management.

Melbourne will get those two 1st round picks and spruik that.

Freo will probably get a 2nd or 3rd back and spruik that element, along with landing a rising star former pick 3.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Melbourne think Freo are very likely to fall down the ladder in 2023 given the sizeable chunk of best 25 players they look to be losing - or retaining against their wishes which never great for morale. That 2023 1st may be that upper end 1st rounder Melbourne are after and this posturing is fishing for that little bit more before “caving in” early next week.

If Freo are confident in themselves, the 2023 1st should be no big deal as it will be pick 14 or whatever which is nice, but not blue chip.

It’s a weird flex anyway. “See, see, I told you the player running away from my club wanted to run away more to a different club than your club. Ha!”
I'm just trying to bring some rationality to the situation.

I don't like blowhards and when given a chance to contradict their claims with direct quotes it brings me pleasure. You will notice that any new information given to such blowhard will be dismissed as lies as they are incapable of changing their position given new information.

Pretty sure it was because Freo wanted more than we either could or were prepared to give up which seems very similar to the situation now with Jackson. Guess that means Bell earned himself a poor reputation for doing that last year and this is all just it coming back to bite him, hey fnerd?
Melbourne's offer was so far from it and they weren't prepared to progress discussions so we dealt with Carlton, who cerra was happy to go to.

Nothing's stopping you from dealing with wce. Where's their offer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just trying to bring some rationality to the situation.

I don't like blowhards and when given a chance to contradict their claims with direct quotes it brings me pleasure. You will notice that any new information given to such blowhard will be dismissed as lies as they are incapable of changing their position given new information.
A player talking up their new home is hardly proof of anything.

Why even mention Melbourne? I assume because he was asked because there is the evidence from the documentary that Carlton supporters may not be thrilled with.

Maybe the documentary was edited to make it look like Cerra preferred Melbourne to create more drama.

Either way that was always going to be Cerra’s answer and only he and his Manager would know if his answer is true or a lie.

Back on topic, if Jackson ends up at Freo or West Coast he will say the exact same thing. “Yeah, nah, you know, ah, I’m stoked to, yeah, nah, be at [insert club here], they, I mean we, yeah, nah, hahahaha, have a great, you know, future, yeah, nah, and I can’t wait to, you know, get to know the boys and, yeah, nah, get stuck into pre-season with the boys.”

Hey feel free to deal with west coast then;)

I’m sure the fact that they could essentially get him through the PSD will mean you ll get top dollar off them !

😆

A player talking up their new home is hardly proof of anything.

Why even mention Melbourne? I assume because he was asked because there is the evidence from the documentary that Carlton supporters may not be thrilled with.

Maybe the documentary was edited to make it look like Cerra preferred Melbourne to create more drama.

Either way that was always going to be Cerra’s answer and only he and his Manager would know if his answer is true or a lie.

Back on topic, if Jackson ends up at Freo or West Coast he will say the exact same thing. “Yeah, nah, you know, ah, I’m stoked to, yeah, nah, be at [insert club here], they, I mean we, yeah, nah, hahahaha, have a great, you know, future, yeah, nah, and I can’t wait to, you know, get to know the boys and, yeah, nah, get stuck into pre-season with the boys.”
i'd throw in a few more yeahs and nahs

Hey feel free to deal with west coast then;)

I’m sure the fact that they could essentially get him through the PSD will mean you ll get top dollar off them !

😆

You do realise I'm not doing the negotiating, right?

Surely West Coast getting him through the PSD would see list managers across the nation balling their hands up in to fists in rage though! I doubt they would take such a chance give your earlier comments about how those sorts of actions are well remembered.

Melbourne don't have a leg to stand on as long as West Coast have the PSD threat imo, they'll cave and take the deal Freo's offered because if they don't they lose him for peanuts or nothing at all.

Tim Lamb coming out as the next Dodoro for the most hyperinflated valuations of his own players but unfortunately for him Jackson has done SFA this year to support the campaigners delusional beliefs and in reality has diminished his value from a few no show performances in big games.

Freo taking the hard line stance of 13 + F1 is a fair but also commendable decision. Jacksons played about 5 good quarters of footy in his career and Lamb's asking for a deal that rivals trying to pry a Judd, Walsh or Daicos out of a club. If Freo cave they'll rue it for the next decade.

what do you think he is worth?

So you're gonna be paying him $800-$900k over 7 seasons. Factor that in. You can't say we're overvaluing him yet at the same time gut your team to fit him in. Which one is it?

He's uncontracted

He's worth what freo offer and that's it

If Melbourne refuse then wc will get him through psd

You do realise I'm not doing the negotiating, right?

Surely West Coast getting him through the PSD would see list managers across the nation balling their hands up in to fists in rage though! I doubt they would take such a chance give your earlier comments about how those sorts of actions are well remembered.
It’s a bit different when the club your dealing with has the second pick in the PSD and just happens to be in the same state that the player has requested to go to don’t you think?

I mean yeah it’s rarely followed through but the threat still remains- see David walls comments on the griffin Logue trade where we had to accept the offer given.

Lamb chops take note!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back