Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I meant Brayshaw or Serong. I rated Jackson as high as any of them at the time of trade. And I'm guessing should either of those guys been up for trade then you wouldn't be happy with pick 2 late firsts and a 2nd round pick. Admittedly became pick 7 but the fall of freo was unexpected by all I think we can all admit.

I agree that all people are going to have different opinions. But getting called a troll for having opinions that turned out to be justified is pretty frustrating. Nonetheless, enjoy Jackson. It's good to see him play as well as he did at melbourne when he was solo rucking :)

Anyway, is there any freo/dees players that will be traded any time soon? :)
You're still missing it a bit, there is a difference between what a player is worth and what they can be traded for. I would not have been losing Serong or Brayshaw for what you got for Jackson because you cant get proper compensation for those players, I would have thought though that the deal was as good as possible.

You get called a troll because as indicated by this thread, you have a habit of spamming posts and sometimes missing the point a bit.

I think with Freo wanting McDonald, we are thankfully going to be spared from round 4 of the Freo/Melbourne trade saga for now

You're still missing it a bit, there is a difference between what a player is worth and what they can be traded for. I would not have been losing Serong or Brayshaw for what you got for Jackson because you cant get proper compensation for those players, I would have thought though that the deal was as good as possible.

You get called a troll because as indicated by this thread, you have a habit of spamming posts and sometimes missing the point a bit.

I think with Freo wanting McDonald, we are thankfully going to be spared from round 4 of the Freo/Melbourne trade saga for now
Yes, the only counter to being wrong about Jackson is by saying that 'we could only trade what we had'. but that is so far off the mark of what was being said here. People were saying 'he is potential only', 'a 2nd ruck only', 'finished low in the Bnf' and completely belittled what he'd shown, disregarded his form when he was solo ruck without Gawn, disregarded his age, disregarded he was playing out of position when Gawn was playing and basically disregarded everything he'd done. Not to mention the laughable trade offers

The reality is Jackson became your best player in 1 season alone, as a developing ruck. And being called a troll for being correct on Jackson was a joke. A troll is someone who says opinions that aren't his just to stir the pot. My opinions on Jackson have always been genuine. I didn't expect us to get Serong or Brayshaw but these are the players that should've been floated around such was Jacksons value, in my eyes anyway.

Freo fans spent 6 months telling me how he was overrated and how they spent too much on him. Now that he's produced, as I expected, they love him and call him 'dogga' which is a little cringe considering the dees players named him that. I think it's okay to have some playful accountabiliy in this thread for the fact that it was almost a full year of freo fans slamming Jackson and laughing at the suggestion that he was worth what I was saying he was worth.

Like I said, the next demon that requests freo, I will be naming the price and Freo fans will be wise to check themselves after the horrendous misread of Jackson.

Yes, the only counter to being wrong about Jackson is by saying that 'we could only trade what we had'. but that is so far off the mark of what was being said here. People were saying 'he is potential only', 'a 2nd ruck only', 'finished low in the Bnf' and completely belittled what he'd shown, disregarded his form when he was solo ruck without Gawn, disregarded his age, disregarded he was playing out of position when Gawn was playing and basically disregarded everything he'd done. Not to mention the laughable trade offers

The reality is Jackson became your best player in 1 season alone, as a developing ruck. And being called a troll for being correct on Jackson was a joke. A troll is someone who says opinions that aren't his just to stir the pot. My opinions on Jackson have always been genuine. I didn't expect us to get Serong or Brayshaw but these are the players that should've been floated around such was Jacksons value, in my eyes anyway.

Freo fans spent 6 months telling me how he was overrated and how they spent too much on him. Now that he's produced, as I expected, they love him and call him 'dogga' which is a little cringe considering the dees players named him that. I think it's okay to have some playful accountabiliy in this thread for the fact that it was almost a full year of freo fans slamming Jackson and laughing at the suggestion that he was worth what I was saying he was worth.

Like I said, the next demon that requests freo, I will be naming the price and Freo fans will be wise to check themselves after the horrendous misread of Jackson.
If you ask almost any neutral at the time, then two first and a second for Jackson (who was out of contract) was over paying.
He has improved a heck of a lot since being at Freo - which is not always a given.

If you ask almost any neutral at the time, then two first and a second for Jackson (who was out of contract) was over paying.
He has improved a heck of a lot since being at Freo - which is not always a given.
In your eyes he's improved a lot. In my eyes, he was just stuck behind Gawn. I wouldn't expect neutrals to know half as much as demons fans who watch all of our games, watch us train etc.
At the time, freo was seen as a team pushing for top 4 can we agree? so freos first round pick was viewed as a pick in the 15 range. To get away with not coughing up a top 10 pick for Jackson was ludicrous. Ultimately freo slipped down the ladder but dees still got nothing in the top 6 for Jackson. He is worth just as much now as what he was worth when I wanted 2 top 5 picks for him. Very much what you would want for him now I would imagine.

So many freo fans had such a horrible read on Jackson at the time. We wonder why the thread had so many posts. Because Dees fans were the only ones that understood his value and freo fans simply didn't have any idea at just how much he had shown in his time at Melbourne.

It will forever go down as one of the biggest misreads in afl trade history. people saying that Griffin Logue and Lobb were comparable and 'Jackson was potential only', 'just a 2nd ruck'. Horrendous read.
Danster, you like Jackson so much your should really just change sides.

I'm sure all the Melbourne supporters will be fine if you start supporting Freo in the future.

In your eyes he's improved a lot. In my eyes, he was just stuck behind Gawn. I wouldn't expect neutrals to know half as much as demons fans who watch all of our games, watch us train etc.
At the time, freo was seen as a team pushing for top 4 can we agree? so freos first round pick was viewed as a pick in the 15 range. To get away with not coughing up a top 10 pick for Jackson was ludicrous. Ultimately freo slipped down the ladder but dees still got nothing in the top 6 for Jackson. He is worth just as much now as what he was worth when I wanted 2 top 5 picks for him. Very much what you would want for him now I would imagine.
He's worth more now because he's a better footballer. His has improved at a steeper trajectory than expected for a 21 year old ruck/forward.

So many freo fans had such a horrible read on Jackson at the time. We wonder why the thread had so many posts. Because Dees fans were the only ones that understood his value and freo fans simply didn't have any idea at just how much he had shown in his time at Melbourne.

It will forever go down as one of the biggest misreads in afl trade history. people saying that Griffin Logue and Lobb were comparable and 'Jackson was potential only', 'just a 2nd ruck'. Horrendous read.

The reason why this thread has so many posts is because you are the poster who is constantly posting here.

Your obsession with Jackson is borderline concerning.

866 posts from you alone. Check out the next highest. Far less and so on

What are you going to do when Trent Rivers wants to come to Freo😜🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back