Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy couldn't have replicated what Jackson did in the GF at the same age because darcy didn't actually play in a GF at the same age
This what always makes me laugh, a little bit like the way people talk up Essendon/Collingwood ANZAC day performances. There are only two teams playing in a GF and the top end young kids having been drafted to bottom sides rarely get the opportunity.
Would be interesting to know how many top 5 picks have played in a grand final in their first 2-3 years in the last 15 years.

You mention earlier in this thread that you believe he is worth two picks in the teens in addition to a ready made player, with one of the players you've floated being Rory Lobb - yet you take a dump on him with this post. Do you want him at your club or not? Based on this post, you make him out to be a spud undeserving of a game.

That's how these things work. Talk up your own players and talk down other players. He's worth two teens and a meek/lobb. Pointing out his short comings to try and bring sense to those who think he's worth two top 5 picks and serong and young

Jackson has a premiership and rising star win next to his name which is more than Brayshaw has against his name at the moment so the whole “potential” argument is moot

What did Jeff White get traded for? I think that would be about the right price

Jackson has a premiership and rising star win next to his name which is more than Brayshaw has against his name at the moment so the whole “potential” argument is moot
Plenty of bum players have a premiership next to their name

End of the day it is ridiculously unlikely he would go for anything less than Jake Lever (picks 11/18) did so no idea why this chat needs to go in a continual loop about it.
Which is basically what we are saying 2 firsts for Jackson

You have to remember in the Lever trade there was a second and a third that came back (aswell as a 4th that went with the firsts)

so 2 firsts for Jackson is a likely deal IF he wants to come

Melbourne fans - do you get the sense that he's definitely leaving? Or is all this back and forth on potential worth a waste of time?

I think he wants to go home, but will end up re-signing with the Dees just due to circumstances.

He's extremely competitive so I doubt going to a rebuilding WCE side would appeal to him.

To my knowledge, there are no Freo players that are wanting to return to VIC that are on Melbourne's radar. And as it stands right now, Freo don't have the draft capital to satisfy Melbourne in a trade.

I think Jackson will be apprenhsive about nominating a move to Freo in a trade if there is doubt that a deal will get done. No one wants to return to their club after a highly publicised trade deal falls over.

It does truly amaze me when people on here think that their opinions of worth are influential. He will go for the 2 1sts and either a token player or 3rd rounder
I still think there's a very good chance he stays and signs a 2-year extension.

But if he decides on Freo this year, I reckon you're spot on here.

I think Jackson will be apprenhsive about nominating a move to Freo in a trade if there is doubt that a deal will get done. No one wants to return to their club after a highly publicised trade deal falls over.

Yeah pretty much this. If he nominates freo then you know a deal will get done because the clubs would've had talks and felt they have something Melbourne would accept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played a decent game. He did not play well in the ruck in his first game as a solo ruck.
so he didn't play well because he played well in the ruck..great logic! haha.

he's 20 years old and he already broke career highs of English and Sean Darcy. Shall we rewind the clock and see how they went in their first game as solo ruck?

Jackson is miles ahead of those 2 at twenty. Think of Jackson's averages if he was solo ruck the last 18 months 🤔

so he didn't play well because he played well in the ruck..great logic! haha.

he's 20 years old and he already broke career highs of English and Sean Darcy. Shall we rewind the clock and see how they went in their first game as solo ruck?

Jackson is miles ahead of those 2 at twenty. Think of Jackson's averages if he was solo ruck the last 18 months 🤔
Yeah I'd say 40 hitouts and 5 clearances in your first game as a solo ruck is pretty good. Even better when you realise it was his first game ever. Averaged 35 hitouts, 5 tackles a game that season. His first season. 19 years old.

its so funny to me that freo fans needed to see Jackson as solo ruck before seeing his talent. Despite him producing in a granny as teenager and winning the rising star. Thank gosh you're not scouts

This years first rounder and next years first plus a fringe player it is then.
i could live with that. But 14 and Lobb which was suggested is extremely disrespectful. If you wouldn't take it for Brayshaw, a good midfielder, then we won't take it Jackson. Jackson is generational, Brayshaw never will be.

i'm not even convinced Andrew Brayshaw is better than Angus. If Angus was playing full time mid, they'd get similar numbers.

Funnily enough Big LLoyd Meek actually plays a bit like Jackson*

Not as good obviously before you all go nuclear

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Funnily enough I play a bit like Greg Williams*.

I've got the short and fat bit down pat, it's just the immeasurable gulf in talent that's the difference.

On topic, Jackson is about the only footballer I'd seriously consider a Tim Kelly style generational foregoing of a draft size trade.

Darcy couldn't have replicated what Jackson did in the GF at the same age because darcy didn't actually play in a GF at the same age
What I asked was, was Darcy even good enough to impact a big game like a GF at the same age...obviously over the last 2 years he would definitely impact a GF match...but as a 19 yr old, not so sure

its so funny to me that freo fans needed to see Jackson as solo ruck before seeing his talent. Despite him producing in a granny as teenager and winning the rising star. Thank gosh you're not scouts
Almost as funny as melb fans talking as though they actually know the guy...😂

What I asked was, was Darcy even good enough to impact a big game like a GF at the same age...obviously over the last 2 years he would definitely impact a GF match...but as a 19 yr old, not so sure
Before LJ dominated a grand final no one would've thought he had that ability. Who knows, 19 year old sean darcy could've played the game of his life if he was playing in a GF. He averaged 35 hitouts, 3 clearances and 5 tackles a game at 19. So yeah he probably could've impacted in a grand final.

Almost as funny as melb fans talking as though they actually know the guy...😂
i know that when Sean Darcy played brisbane a couple of weeks ago he spudded it up big time. Ironic, that they then try and diminish jackson in his first game when he has 21 touches, 9 tackles and breaks Sean Darcys inside 50's career high lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back