Player Watch Matt Crouch - Re-Signed to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

His work on his kicking must be commended. Has gone from one that I worry when kicking to one who is probably our most consistent midfield kick. Perfects the weight of the ball better than any in our team. Must be a left footer trait.

And he is now willing to use his right foot when needed

It's not great but it's better than getting caught with the ball

Didn't realise this was an old post.

But here you go -

cb1d75751c5c640e72553d8ae58096b6.jpg

Wasn't sure on him up until mid-late last year.

Here's his 2017 stat rankings -

19e1fd4b3177bd29eb1da3afc58c4884.png
Can we get the top 10 in total possessions along side top 10 total turnovers?

He's fantastic. Easily my favourite player this year. Overcame his initial weaknesses (tank and kicking and decision making)

I think the Collingwood game highlighted how low our inside midfielder depth is currently with Sloane unable to break a hard tag. Once Brad was out it was a one man show with bit parts being played by Sloane, Dougy, et al. Shows just how monumental Matt can be.

He's fantastic. Easily my favourite player this year. Overcame his initial weaknesses (tank and kicking and decision making)

I think the Collingwood game highlighted how low our inside midfielder depth is currently with Sloane unable to break a hard tag. Once Brad was out it was a one man show with bit parts being played by Sloane, Dougy, et al. Shows just how monumental Matt can be.
A little bit unfair to Dougy there, thought he was excellent again on the weekend, seems revitalised the last couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is why I was so worried about the game.

And he is now willing to use his right foot when needed

It's not great but it's better than getting caught with the ball
speaking of, saw Smith use his left on the weekend and it even carried more than 20 metres!

Matt Crouch has become the complete midfielder and possibly a better version of Scott Thompson.

His disposal is now excellent along with his decision making. He has a lethal sidestep and strong hips to evade tackles. Plus he's a left footer.

Forget Priddis if he continues along this path he is Sam Mitchell

Matt Crouch has become the complete midfielder and possibly a better version of Scott Thompson.

His disposal is now excellent along with his decision making. He has a lethal sidestep and strong hips to evade tackles. Plus he's a left footer.

Forget Priddis if he continues along this path he is Sam Mitchell

Bit extreme there - won't get anywhere close to Mitchell unless he suddenly develops a right foot. Too many players these days get themselves into trouble because they refuse to use the non-dominant leg, Crouch got lucky on the weekend in that exact situation but the ball went over the boundary line.

That's not to say he isn't developing nicely, has improved a lot and his consistency is great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back