Mighty Black Caps overtake little australia to become 3rd in test rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/team-rankings/test

Terrific stuff from the Black Caps very proud of the team they have defied the odds to become 3rd in the test rankings only behind powerhouses India and South Africa who would have thought this just a few short years ago? After the many, many lows over the years it is outstanding how the team have turned things around, they play with heart and scratch, claw and fight to the very end which as a supporter is all you can ask for.

On a side-note wow how australia have fallen one pathetic stuff for a proud sporting country in their number one sport. Given their recent events wouldn't really be surprised in they end up sliding down to 8th or 9th.
The ratings are ****ed considering we pound you pretenders every time we meet in a Test series!

Is the uae test tour this year or next?

I read a while back the tests were moved till 2019 now it seems like its back to being this year.

p.s. in response to the op all i can say is march 1986 bro march 1986.

What happened in 86 bro? I wasn't born yet.

Couldn't even win 2 games against the minnows from England. Actually lucky not to lose one.

Went undefeated against England in the test series just concluded. The same England side that smashed you guys in a test a few months ago before you guys got up to your usual tricks with the Ryobi Orbital Sander.

mccullum6356872-3x2-940x627.jpg

Nice picture but why are you posting pictures from like 5 years ago?

Here are some recent ones :)

220403aabbbbaf6a565105ab1ef256b8

DZEiBwRWkAY4y8m.0.jpg

david-warner-vs-de-kock-youtube_806x605_71520224431.jpg

people from new zealand have a massive chip on their shoulder, always comparing themselves to australia yet no one here really gives a s**t about them. this is coming from a south australian as well so i know chips!

No we just hate you guys because of the way you conduct yourselves and love seeing you get your comeuppance it's not a coincidence that every nation that plays you in sports especially cricket hates your guts!

The ratings are ****** considering we pound you pretenders every time we meet in a Test series!

Speaking of poundings can't wait for the pounding the mighty Warriors (lead by supercoach Kearney :eek:) are going to give the hapless broncos this weekend! :D

What happened in 86 bro? I wasn't born yet.

Went undefeated against England in the test series just concluded. The same England side that smashed you guys in a test a few months ago before you guys got up to your usual tricks with the Ryobi Orbital Sander.

Nice picture but why are you posting pictures from like 5 years ago?

Here are some recent ones :)

220403aabbbbaf6a565105ab1ef256b8

DZEiBwRWkAY4y8m.0.jpg

david-warner-vs-de-kock-youtube_806x605_71520224431.jpg

No we just hate you guys because of the way you conduct yourselves and love seeing you get your comeuppance it's not a coincidence that every nation that plays you in sports especially cricket hates your guts!

Speaking of poundings can't wait for the pounding the mighty Warriors (lead by supercoach Kearney :eek:) are going to give the hapless broncos this weekend! :D
I can’t disagree with you on this one bro. I tipped the Warriors.

The deeply ingrained inferiority complex of sheep-shagger cricket fans will never stop being amusing.

Great how they've all suddenly rediscovered their love of the game after mysteriously disappearing post-McCullum's world cup final choke.

Oh yes because I’m sure this Australian football based forum was just awash with New Zealanders beforehand

New Zealand wouldn't beat Australia if they started now. 2nd rate is what 2nd rate was, and will always be.

If anyone honestly thinks Australia would deservedly start favourites if the two sides played right now, particularly in NZ, they are kidding themselves.

Then again, Australia do apparently have the best attack in the world

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia would be favourites by a long way in Australia, by far less over there but still favourites.

NZ have two bowlers with averages in the mid to high 20s, another at 30, but considering his first 15-20 tests had him in the mid 40s, his form over the last 5 years or so is significantly better than what his career record indicates. Their spinner is s**t. So I’d give bowling supremacy to Australia but not by a whole heap. The two fifth bowlers are fairly well matched.

Australia boasts 0 batsmen with averages in the 40s aside from Handscomb and I think we all know that’s somewhat flattering. Williamson and Taylor are infinitely better than anything Australia has at the moment. Latham probably is too realistically. De Grandhomme is a better bat than marsh, Watling is a better bat than Paine.

I’m struggling to see anything other than historical precedent - which admittedly can carry a fair bit of weight - that would put Australia in the box seat if they were to tour right now

Dude Australia would beat them comfortably here over a series, in NZ give them a real chance.

Latham and de Grandhomme are ordinary, v Australia's elite bowling first would struggle to average past 30 the later 20 imo.
Latham averaged 29.9 in his first crack against Australia and that was 3 years ago. He’s better now.

I’ve got no doubt Australia would probably win here. I’ve not said otherwise.
Over there, though - nothing I can see that would stop the kiwis from winning. They have batsmen proven against good bowling in reasonably tough batting conditions. Australia don’t.

If it wasn’t so cold, I know where I’d rather live.
Wtf, yeah, if Venezuela wasn't a shithole full of crime, poverty and an unstable government i'd want to live there as well!!!

I know where I'd wanna live!!!! Jesus you post some great stuff. That isn't about the cricket team, that's genuinely about our country.

Do us all a favour brah, lel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back