Recommitted Mitch Georgiades - Signs on for another 4 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see the serious under rating of Georgiades has already began.

In terms of tall forwards drafted in the last 5 years, Georgiades sits behind only the king brothers in terms of goals kicked (unless I’m completely forgetting someone?).

That provides some insight into his value and potential. He is the third best tall prospect in terms of output from the draft over the past couple years. Still 21 and has plenty of development to go.

He would be worth every bit a pick inside the top 10 (6-10).
Here danster goes with his pickett is worth a billion first round picks campaign. You already got laughed out of that thread.

He’s a 21 yr old kpf and already played 47 games, that’s tracking well for a young kf.

Last year we had Marshall Dixon Georgiades and finlayson all in good form fighting for 3 positions.

Kicked 23 goals, more than double what Luke Jackson kicked, and there wasn’t a kf his age or younger that came close to 23 goals.

Has the kicking yips, hopefully that turns around as his kicking hasn’t been an issue before.
Fredrick same draft kicked 28 goals playing on a flank in 22.

Kicking more points then goals is a worry sounds like he continued that form in the intraclub.

The reason he’s got off to a good start to his career is most kf are high draft picks thrust into s**t teams.

George has played more like Pickett with another big guy taking the heat.
Pickett another thrust into a good team shades him.

George first 2 years was in a top 2 team(flat track bullies that score high against the plebs and crumble in combat) with Dixon taking all the heat.

Amiss is priceless bleeds purple.

Yeah but he stalled a bit last year where he was dropped wasnt he? Everything will be dictated by how he goes this year (including his contract value if signs on) anyway

His main issue last season was his goal kicking. For whatever reason, he was just shooting wide.

I actually think a big part of that is our stupid game plan which left him taking a lot of his shots from out wide. So he still kicked 23 goals 24 behinds. If that accuracy was slightly improved, we wouldn’t be saying he had a poor year if he kicked 30 again.

From memory he also missed a chunk of last pre season so was playing catch-up all year fitness wise (I may have just imagined this so anyone feel free to correct me?)

Either way, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him kick 40 plus this year. Which if he does, certainly would command a top 10 pick if he decides to leave.

Fredrick same draft kicked 28 goals playing on a flank in 22.

Kicking more points then goals is a worry sounds like he continued that form in the intraclub.

The reason he’s got off to a good start to his career is most kf are high draft picks thrust into s**t teams.

George has played more like Pickett with another big guy taking the heat.
Pickett another thrust into a good team shades him.

George first 2 years was in a top 2 team(flat track bullies that score high against the plebs and crumble in combat) with Dixon taking all the heat.

Amiss is priceless bleeds purple.
Way to prove you don’t know a player

A) Frederick is flanker not a kpp. Dumb comparison

B) Frederick was a mature age pickup in his draft a year older than regular draftees.

C) Georgiades plays nothing like pickett.

D) most kfs get off to a good start playing for s**t teams? Huh? This is a weird statement, not factual and bizarre in the context of port.

E) Dixon taking all the heat? You realise teams have more than 1 key defender and teams play more than 1 kf?

F) you totally missed the point regarding amiss but stating he’s priceless while saying Georgiades isn’t worth much shows the one eyed bias

Way to prove you don’t know a player

A) Frederick is flanker not a kpp. Dumb comparison

B) Frederick was a mature age pickup in his draft a year older than regular draftees.

C) Georgiades plays nothing like pickett.

D) most kfs get off to a good start playing for s**t teams? Huh? This is a weird statement, not factual and bizarre in the context of port.

E) Dixon taking all the heat? You realise teams have more than 1 key defender and teams play more than 1 kf?

F) you totally missed the point regarding amiss but stating he’s priceless while saying Georgiades isn’t worth much shows the one eyed bias
Is he your son?
Fair defence
Pretty sure I’ve stated I’ve loved George since he was drafted.
When my port mates were shitting on him last year when he had the yips I stuck up for him.
I’ve never stated a trade value for George.
Freddie’s goals just give perspective and same as Pickett.
Correct me if I’m wrong but Im sure I didn’t say they were better lead up forwards.
My only question is can he really be the main man.
Love your passion but don’t come on to a main board thread expecting everyone to say “he is the best, he is worth a top 3 pick”

Maybe just read my post and take a deep breath before you move your typing fingers.

My only question is can he really be the main man.
Love your passion but don’t come on to a main board thread expecting everyone to say “he is the best, he is worth a top 3 pick”

Maybe just read my post and take a deep breath before you move your typing fingers.
what is the “main man” and why does Mitch need to be it to be considered valuable?

i don’t buy the theory that you have 1 dominant kf and everyone else isn’t that important.

I also don’t buy the idea that Mitch, a guy who’s averaged a 1.5 goals a game season before turning 22 can’t be a teams leading goal scorer, if they needed him to be.

what is the “main man” and why does Mitch need to be it to be considered valuable?

i don’t buy the theory that you have 1 dominant kf and everyone else isn’t that important.

I also don’t buy the idea that Mitch, a guy who’s averaged a 1.5 goals a game season before turning 22 can’t be a teams leading goal scorer, if they needed him to be.
And that’s ok the world would be boring if everyone had the same opinion.

As my close friends are port tragics and George being from Wa and dockers always in the hunt for a forward I’ve kept an eye on him ( which still pales in comparison to port fans).

In my opinion his best attributes are his
Speed off the mark when he leads and his leap and grab.
To maximise these attributes I feel he can’t put to much more bulk on and secondly he needs clear channels to run in, something the number 1 key target is rarely afforded.

I’ve never said he can’t be leading goalkicker.
Gunston who I compared George to has 3 leading goal kicker awards.
Fritsch has won the last 3 at demons.

As stated I just can’t see him being the big dog that draws defenders to create space in the pockets as well as kick 50 every year.
For this reason I feel his value is less than a hogan naughton king type player.

That’s stupid. he’s a 21yr old kpf who’s kicked 55 goals in the last 2 years.

Curnow is 5 years older, and if you had watched mitch you would know that strength in the contest is one of his greatest strengths.

This is a war example of people not rating a player they don’t know.

Amiss goes on to kick 55 goals in the next two seasons, what’s he worth? You would want the absolute world for him in the scenario.
What I would want and what we would get are two very different things

Reckon he'd be a Jeremy Howe clone if he went down back. Good kick and good mark when he can limit body contact but still struggles a bit with the rough treatment he gets from defenders.

Still, he has a few years to add some more size and work on his one-on-one ability to see if he'll make it as an undersized KPF.
And yes Curnow's the same height but has freakishly long arms and incredible strength which lets him push his opponents around, Georgiades doesn't look like he's got the same power at the same size when Charlie was younger.

Reckon he'd be a Jeremy Howe clone if he went down back. Good kick and good mark when he can limit body contact but still struggles a bit with the rough treatment he gets from defenders.

Still, he has a few years to add some more size and work on his one-on-one ability to see if he'll make it as an undersized KPF.
And yes Curnow's the same height but has freakishly long arms and incredible strength which lets him push his opponents around, Georgiades doesn't look like he's got the same power at the same size when Charlie was younger.
Curnow is also as wide in the shoulders as he is long in the arms which is ridiculous. I'd think Georgiades would be perfect as a Darling type 2nd KPF or ideally a third tall type personally.

philthy05, on reflection, "teens at best" was undervaluing, I think he'd have gotten something worth between 10 and 15 but I dont think it would have been a top 10 personally (but I'm made to look stupid every year at trade time so who knows). The original claim of WC handing over a top 3 pick in whats currently an incredibly hyped draft would need him kicking at least 40 goals IMO and even then I'd doubt it.

For this reason I feel his value is less than a hogan naughton king type player.

That’s like arguing something isn’t worth as much as a gold plated diamonded crusted spaceship.

struggles a bit with the rough treatment he gets from defenders.

Every line of this is wrong. You’re obviously not as familiar with Georgiades as what you think.

Mitch in no way struggles with physical contact from opponents.

Mitch does not need to put on size to improve his one on one ability, it’s literally a strength of his already

He’s not perfect, but from these comments people are completely misjudging his strengths and weaknesses

That’s like arguing something isn’t worth as much as a gold plated diamonded crusted spaceship.

Every line of this is wrong. You’re obviously not as familiar with Georgiades as what you think.

Mitch does not need to put on size to improve his one on one ability, it’s literally a strength of his already

He’s not perfect, but from these comments people are completely misjudging his strengths and weaknesses
Every time I've seen him play (which is most if not all games Port plays) I've never thought his one on one ability could be classified as a 'strength of his'. He's by no means a Josh Schache out there but if he has a quality KPD on him he can't move them around at all. Curnow and Darling at the same height have always been types that can push out taller defenders and are generally just much stronger in the wrestle.

Georgiades is still only 21 so he has plenty of time but if he's not going to add any more size to his frame he's going to continue to struggle when the balls not put on a silver platter to him on the lead or on top of a defenders head so he can jump over them.

Anyway good player either way and no matter where he ends up he'll have a spot somewhere on the field. Personally hope he stays at Port.

Curnow is also as wide in the shoulders as he is long in the arms which is ridiculous. I'd think Georgiades would be perfect as a Darling type 2nd KPF or ideally a third tall type personally.

philthy05, on reflection, "teens at best" was undervaluing, I think he'd have gotten something worth between 10 and 15 but I dont think it would have been a top 10 personally (but I'm made to look stupid every year at trade time so who knows). The original claim of WC handing over a top 3 pick in whats currently an incredibly hyped draft would need him kicking at least 40 goals IMO and even then I'd doubt it.
If West Coast finishes 3rd last and Georgiages wants to go there, Port will get stiffed. They could walk him to the PSD so will offer their low 2nd rounder which will be unders but better than nothing.

Port would be hoping to sign him or he does anything rather than nominate WC if he wants to return to WA.

I don’t understand how you can get flustered by someone else’s opinion on a main board bf thread.

I’ve compared him to goal kicking premiership winning AA lead up fwds of the last 5 years and your dismissing my opinion like I’m comparing him to Dardy mccrafty.

His worth won’t be decided by who shouts the loudest on this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If West Coast finishes 3rd last and Georgiages wants to go there, Port will get stiffed. They could walk him to the PSD so will offer their low 2nd rounder which will be unders but better than nothing.

Port would be hoping to sign him or he does anything rather than nominate WC if he wants to return to WA.
I think he'd need a pretty poor year to only get a 2nd rounder, he's shown a lot and is young. It's all irrelevant anyway since his value if he left would be HUGELY dependent on what he does this year but if WC finish bottom 3 I'd agree it's highly unlikely they send that for him short of him having an incredible year

For what it's worth, my understanding is that Freo are no chance in this one, it's purely WC or Port

I think he'd need a pretty poor year to only get a 2nd rounder, he's shown a lot and is young. It's all irrelevant anyway since his value if he left would be HUGELY dependent on what he does this year but if WC finish bottom 3 I'd agree it's highly unlikely they send that for him short of him having an incredible year

For what it's worth, my understanding is that Freo are no chance in this one, it's purely WC or Port

For context, he would have had the option last year with our JHF trades to stick his hand up and didn't want to, despite WCE throwing his name up a few times.
So one would expect any decision to leave this year would be the result of him feeling he's stagnated or not getting game time.

Every time I've seen him play (which is most if not all games Port plays) I've never thought his one on one ability could be classified as a 'strength of his'. He's by no means a Josh Schache out there but if he has a quality KPD on him he can't move them around at all. Curnow and Darling at the same height have always been types that can push out taller defenders and are generally just much stronger in the wrestle.

Georgiades is still only 21 so he has plenty of time but if he's not going to add any more size to his frame he's going to continue to struggle when the balls not put on a silver platter to him on the lead or on top of a defenders head so he can jump over them.

Anyway good player either way and no matter where he ends up he'll have a spot somewhere on the field. Personally hope he stays at Port.
Georgiades is a natural at bodywork, it’s a strength of his, if you think it’s a weakness you’re misjudging him.

I think you’re confusing brute strength and positioning. you don’t need brute strength to win contests.

Not to mention the silliness of saying a guy who’s been physicality competitive since he came into the league can’t be competitive in 5 years time when he’s entering his physical prime.

I don’t understand how you can get flustered by someone else’s opinion on a main board bf thread.

I’ve compared him to goal kicking premiership winning AA lead up fwds of the last 5 years and your dismissing my opinion like I’m comparing him to Dardy mccrafty.

His worth won’t be decided by who shouts the loudest on this board.

Pointing out the fallacies in your statements isn’t getting “flustered”

You’ve made some statements, and I’ve pointed out some of the obvious inconsistencies.

At this stage he’d be worth a late first. Will likely improve as the season goes. If he does go I’d expect it’d be for a mid-early first.

Georgiades is a natural at bodywork, it’s a strength of his, if you think it’s a weakness you’re misjudging him.

I think you’re confusing brute strength and positioning. you don’t need brute strength to win contests.

Not to mention the silliness of saying a guy who’s been physicality competitive since he came into the league can’t be competitive in 5 years time when he’s entering his physical prime.

Pointing out the fallacies in your statements isn’t getting “flustered”

You’ve made some statements, and I’ve pointed out some of the obvious inconsistencies.
No Dixon he got 10 goals in 10 games in 22 also got dropped.
In 2021 Dixon didn’t miss a game marshal played 21 games George kicks 37 as third banana in a top team.
George best game in 22 was 2goals 4 when Marshall and Dixon were in the team.
There’s statistical evidence to back up what I see with my eyes.

What’s ugle - Hagens worth when he comes out of contract?
I’d say a relatively high pick at this stage is still fair considering how highly he was touted prior to him being drafted.

If I were to value him purely on what he’s delivered to date it obviously wouldn’t be that high, it’s based fairly largely on potential still - a factor I’ve considered in Georgiades valuation.

Interesting that we are no chance. I assume it's because we're only going all in on the Gorilla KPF as we have enough potential coming for the 2nf & 3rd tall. I can't see him filling that role no matter how much he develops.

Either that or Georgiages was a massive eagle as a kid and hates Freo.

I’d say a relatively high pick at this stage is still fair considering how highly he was touted prior to him being drafted.

If I were to value him purely on what he’s delivered to date it obviously wouldn’t be that high, it’s based fairly largely on potential still - a factor I’ve considered in Georgiades valuation.
People dont like it but the number a player was drafted is still important for the first 4-5 years if traded, like, performance also matters but recruiting teams remember what they thought of a kid at draft and factor into their value. Case and point JHF last year.

Georgiades being a late first round pick unfortunately means he has to show more than JUH to be worth as much - it's stupid I suppose but how it works

Interesting that we are no chance. I assume it's because we're only going all in on the Gorilla KPF as we have enough potential coming for the 2nf & 3rd tall. I can't see him filling that role no matter how much he develops.

Either that or Georgiages was a massive eagle as a kid and hates Freo.
Yeah, couldnt tell you why, but it's apparently quite well known if he comes back, it's WC. Similar to how it was with Jackson and us really

No Dixon he got 10 goals in 10 games in 22 also got dropped.
In 2021 Dixon didn’t miss a game marshal played 21 games George kicks 37 as third banana in a top team.
George best game in 22 was 2goals 4 when Marshall and Dixon were in the team.
There’s statistical evidence to back up what I see with my eyes.
I’m not sure what your point is here?

Kf who was drafted to a team that has 2 kfs has always played with 2 kfs?

You’re not presenting any evidence of anything much less what that evidence is meant to support?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back