Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was once sitting at a tram stop on Royal Parade pretty much outside Princess Park - this would've probably been 12 or 13 years ago, before I even lived in Melbourne.

I sat there and watched Brendan Fevola pull up in his car, park in a disabled space, and go get a coffee over the road. I thought "what a deadshit." He'd do nothing but prove me right in subsequent years.

Went out to a Thai restaurant in Brighton with my sister and my father one weekday evening.

I was quick to spot Clarko and his Mrs enjoying a meal a few tables away.

I noticed that they shared some curry puffs and spring rolls. For the mains, Clarko opted for the green curry chicken whilst his Mrs had a Pad Thai. They shared a bottle of wine, but I assumed Clarko was driving as he only had the 1 glass, whilst his Mrs polished off the rest.

He left before me, and we shared an awkward glance as his Mrs stumbled on one of the chairs on her way out.

Went out to a Thai restaurant in Brighton with my sister and my father one weekday evening.

I noticed that they shared some curry puffs and spring rolls. For the mains, Clarko opted for the green curry chicken whilst his Mrs had a Pad Thai. They shared a bottle of wine, but I assumed Clarko was driving as he only had the 1 glass, whilst his Mrs polished off the rest.

He left before me, and we shared an awkward glance as his Mrs stumbled on one of the chairs on her way out.
Unless she was built like an Amazon I’m not surprised she had trouble walking straight. What’s that, like 6-7 glasses? Quite a lot for a woman.

This has been noted

one saw Mick Malthouse after his Carlton stint in Midland Bunnings (perth) buying retic fittings ... have no idea what for though considering he doesnt live in perth and Midland is a shithole of a suburb here in Perth ..

As a mad Bomber supporting 11 year old, I was in the car with my parents when we stopped late one night in ‘85 at a public toilet in Melton on the way to Ballarat. Bill Duckworth and Roger Merrett pulled up shortly after us with some gals in the car. Billy got out on crutches and hobbled into the urinal with Rog just behind me. And there I was urinating next to two of my footy heroes. I couldn’t get the courage up to say anything at that vulnerable moment and so nothing was said between us. Then I walked out and we drove home.

Was in Melbourne on Sautrday.
As I was getting into an Uber a family walked past all wearing indigenous shirts heading towards the protest march. One of them was Neville Jetta.
Later in the day was waitng for a tram. Jake Stringer walked past my wife and I and stood in the open door of a tram (which wasn't the one we needed). He was waiting for a mate to catch up. I said to my wife 'that's Jake Stringer' and she responded quite loudly 'yeah I thought he looked familiar'. Jake looked in our direction briefly then proceeded onto the tram.
He was huge in person.

Jarod Molloy use to be a rep for a dog food company that use to visit my work , petstock
Saw him coaching montmorency in 2017, not sure if he is still there, seemed like a top bloke as he was chatting away to all and sundry in attendance. I said gday and got a "how are ya" back, pretty boring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting to go into an end of semester exam at ECU Joondalup in 2006 and Travis Gaspar was there, was still filthy with him over the 05 GF performance so didn't bother have a chat.

On a related note I once had a class in UWA with Greg Harding.

Didn't bring up his footballing exploits though, fairly modest guy.

Sorry I'm usually right....and you are...well since you hide behind your moderator status...I cant say

I haven't been a moderator for two years, mate.

You can say what you want to me, and I can call you a terrible poster in return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back