Player Watch Most overrated players (current & retired) part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I’m not going to argue that here. Or put down great players.

Sorry but this thread is overrated players.
Putting down 'great' players is exactly what it's for.

This is not tickle the scrotum of all half decent players thread.

Riewoldt plays really well once every few games and the rest of the time he is largely unsighted.
Last night he was great however.

Sorry but this thread is overrated players.
Putting down 'great' players is exactly what it's for.

This is not tickle the scrotum of all half decent players thread.

In what way is he overrated? Who's pumping up his tyres (apart from Roos' "most unselfish" comment)?

Richmond has both overrated and underrated players. Riewoldt's one of the latter.

In what way is he overrated? Who's pumping up his tyres (apart from Roos' "most unselfish" comment)?

Richmond has both overrated and underrated players. Riewoldt's one of the latter.

Well for a start someone mentioned him in AA calculations...

As if he's going to get in ahead of BB, Buddy, Darling, Hogan, Cameron etc.

You just suggested he might get in "because Richmond will be at the top". Make up your mind.

Has more goals and goal assists than most of those. Jack's in the squad.

IF he gets in the squad it is ONLY because Richmond are one of the top teams.
As always they favour teams at the top.

He has less goals than ALL of those players mentioned.
Is 5th in your TEAM for Goal Assists and averages the same amount of goal assists than both Ben Brown and Jesse Hogan.

Tom McDonald averages more goals and goal assists than Jack.

Your showing blinding bias here.

IF he gets in the squad it is ONLY because Richmond are one of the top teams.
As always they favour teams at the top.

He has less goals than ALL of those players mentioned.
Is 5th in your TEAM for Goal Assists.

Tom McDonald averages more goals and goal assists than Jack.

Your showing blinding bias here.

Pretty sure he's 3rd in the Coleman, therefore he must be ahead of most through simple logic.

McDonald (who you didn't name initially) missed five games and isn't going to be AA.

You're all over the shop. Discussion over.

Pretty sure he's 3rd in the Coleman, therefore he must be ahead of most through simple logic.

McDonald (who you didn't name initially) missed five games and isn't going to be AA.

You're all over the shop. Discussion over.

Played more games than others and is equal 3rd with an extra game played this round.

To give you an idea he has only 3 more goals than Will Hoskin Elliot...wouldnt exactly say he's kicking bags every week.

I know I didnt name McDonald initially, he is an EXTRA player that would be ahead of Jack. If he plays the rest of the year at this rate he has to be considered for AA regardless of the games missed.

I'm all over the place? You mean I have facts and you're working on opinion, a biased opinion?

FROM AN ARTICLE ABOUT LENNY HAYES:
If a single quarter of football could encapsulate his career, it was the final term of the epic drawn Grand Final in 2010.

St Kilda appeared headed for defeat, but a Hayes goal from 50m sparked a comeback.

At every pivotal moment from that point on, the Saints’ midfielder was involved. It was his launch towards goal from 60m that bounced right and dribbled through the behind posts for the tying score.

Hayes won the Norm Smith Medal for his performance that day.....
(and further on in the same article...)

“When things were desperate, you could rely on Lenny”
“When everyone was fatigued and exhausted, Lenny could dig deep and find a bit more, and that's really what separates the great players."
“Leave no alibi, leave no excuse, lay it all out on the line, and if we lose, so be it.”
"We all come to the end and he's left nothing in the tank"
“My memories of Lenny were that he was a great leader and an incredibly hard trainer."
“I always talked about him playing without restraint and he played without limitations, regardless of the scoreboard, up or down, he played the same."
“He has no regrets. He was a pretty special player.”

- Ross Lyon talking about Lenny Hayes on his retirement - All content above copied from an article on the Dockers own Website!!!:p

Hayes stats in the 2010 Drawn Grand Final:
18 kicks, 14 handballs, 32 disposals, 5marks, 1goal, 1behind, 12tackles, 3hitouts, 5inside 50's, 5 clearances
(So yeah, Undeserving Norm Smith:drunk:, choked in the games that matters:rolleyes:, 50 metre 'crap kick' goal;) - please - you idiot)

Lenny Hayes was one of the gutsiest footballers I have ever seen.
He received 129 Brownlow votes during his career = 'totally overrated'
This from a bloke who had already undergone a knee reconstruction two years prior to the 2010 Grand Final.
Two years after his retirement they discovered he had a hole in the heart which required surgery (- nothing wrong with his ticker on field.)

This post of yours is right up there with the most ridiculous I have ever seen on Big Footy.
Your hatred of St Kilda is obvious.
I am suprised you didn't mention Robert Harvey in your post as being overrated.
Mate you are like a kid who has s**t in his own pants.
You have no credibilty left at all after posting this shite.Brad
What a flog.

Quality post, need to add one thing though. Lenny did his knee in 2006, so it was a bit more before the drawn Grand Final than two seasons. He also did it again in 2011 but still came back to play good footy afterwards. The ridiculous thing about his first ACL was he did it in the first quarter against North, but he played out the rest of the game, had 87% TOG (more than Robert Harvey had that game) and still copped a hard tag from Brady Rawlings from start to finish. The guy was an absolute warrior, he was one of the most well liked and respected players by his peers for a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quality post, need to add one thing though. Lenny did his knee in 2006, so it was a bit more before the drawn Grand Final than two seasons. He also did it again in 2011 but still came back to play good footy afterwards. The ridiculous thing about his first ACL was he did it in the first quarter against North, but he played out the rest of the game, had 87% TOG (more than Robert Harvey had that game) and still copped a hard tag from Brady Rawlings from start to finish. The guy was an absolute warrior, he was one of the most well liked and respected players by his peers for a reason.
Oops sorry about the knee, got my dates wrong - I have amended my original post accordingly.

This guy is obviously trolling - you could say I bit, but I just wanted to expose this clown and those of his ilk for the pathetic losers they really are.
There is nothing clever about posting rubbish to wind people up and slurring a great player in a social media forum dedicated to football. Especially when his 'opinions' are contrary to those of his own club and coach.

Lenny was the personification of the footballers footballer, admired by supporters of all clubs and my disabled nieces favorite player of all time - so I couldn't just let this comment stand.

This loser is the epitome of a juvenile d*ckhead for writing shite about a true champion of our great game.

Last edited:
Played more games than others and is equal 3rd with an extra game played this round.

To give you an idea he has only 3 more goals than Will Hoskin Elliot...wouldnt exactly say he's kicking bags every week.

I know I didnt name McDonald initially, he is an EXTRA player that would be ahead of Jack. If he plays the rest of the year at this rate he has to be considered for AA regardless of the games missed.

I'm all over the place? You mean I have facts and you're working on opinion, a biased opinion?
You lost that argument mate, Ron the Bear ended it at the appropriate juncture.
Give it a rest.

You do realise how much stronger/faster/athletic current professional footballers are to past champions don't you? If Fyfe was playing 30 years ago he'd be known as the guy that was better than Royce Hart and if Dangerfield was playing he would absolutely destroy anyone on him.

Very disrespectful of the past players who all grew up eating a football

Every night they kicked a paper footy down lane ways
My old man both feet stab passes at 50

You lost that argument mate, Ron the Bear ended it at the appropriate juncture.
Give it a rest.

Well I didn't lose the argument because I used facts and he used emotions.
He's not in the top 4 or 5 KPFs this year, by statistics or popular opinion. Therefore shouldnt be AA. Simple as that.

Would you have him ahead of Darling, Ben Brown and Buddy?
He had one spectacular game and suddenly his quiet games are forgotten.

Its not my fault he cant read or comprehend simple English.

Also we're in an overrated players thread. I can put forward whoever I want.

Thanks for providing precisely zero to the thread.

Last edited:
Well I didn't lose the argument because I used facts and he used emotions.
He's not in the top 4 or 5 KPFs this year, by statistics or popular opinion. Therefore shouldnt be AA. Simple as that.

Would you have him ahead of Darling, Ben Brown and Buddy?

Its not my fault he cant read or comprehend simple English.

Also we're in an overrated players thread. I can put forward whoever I want.

Thanks for providing precisely zero to the thread.
So who's overemotional?:D

So who's overemotional?:D

What part of my post was emotional?
Are you one of these people who seems to think they can interpret mood in written words on the internet :drunk:

Another post from you and another lack of contribution. What is your opinion on the matter? Is Jack AA this season?

Gavin Wanganeen. Was a good, sometimes excellent footballer but some people consider him amongst the best indigenous players the game has seen..
Obviously never watched him.

Was sublime, incredible kicking skills, extremely brave and had an amazing marking ability.

And just a great guy....

Obviously never watched him.

Was sublime, incredible kicking skills, extremely brave and had an amazing marking ability.

And just a great guy....

Definitely in the greatest indigenous player conversation (although behind Goodes/McLeod in my opinion)
Certainly not in greatest of all time discussion

What part of my post was emotional?
Are you one of these people who seems to think they can interpret mood in written words on the internet :drunk:

Another post from you and another lack of contribution. What is your opinion on the matter? Is Jack AA this season?
You seem to think that Riewoldt is only rated because Richmond are on top.
Have you ever considered that one of the main reasons Richmond are on top is Riewoldt?
He has effectively been a one-man key target in their forward line.
It is only with the introduction of players like Josh Caddy playing second target that he has received some relief in that role, but Jack takes the pressure off Caddy.
Did you watch the game last night? Did you see his crunch time contested mark and goal from outside 50m at the pivotal point of the game?
Did you see his leadership in the forward line? (I admittedly don't like his waving his arms around like a windmill and appealing to umpires - but he is effective). His workrate, leading, positioning etc is great.
He deserves to be under consideration for AA this season. Certainly deserves his place in the squad.
Have to wait and see how the rest of the season goes.
Hogan has dropped off in his form, Cameron has just been suspended for several games, Darling has missed games through injury - must jeopardize their selection.
Buddy and Brown are probably ahead at present but they are different types of forwards.
I could quite happily see Riewoldt named on a half forward flank or in a pocket in an AA team.
Make no mistake, Riewoldt is a key player for Richmond. If he went down with an injury, Richmonds chances of back-to-back flags would almost go with him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back