Prediction Next coach to be sacked. With Poll

Which coach will be the next to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Whose out of contract?
I know ratten is and dew, Scott also despite talks they will extend him

Leon Cameron also out of contract
I thought Scott’s contract was extended?

Adam Simpson wont last another year without the Eagles playing finals, and on face value its hard to see them improving on last year given the aging list demographic. Have always thought Clarkson would end up at the Eagles, one of the few clubs with enough $ to lure him.

Adam Simpson wont last another year without the Eagles playing finals, and on face value its hard to see them improving on last year given the aging list demographic. Have always thought Clarkson would end up at the Eagles, one of the few clubs with enough $ to lure him.
I know he's not a favourite son but I can't see the Eagles sticking with Worsfold for 7 years after winning a flag and through a rebuild with some ugly years to then turf Simpson after 5 years post flag when he's made 2 grand finals and won one.

I also can't see Clarkson taking on an Eagles rebuild job. If he's to coach again I'd imagine it's at a club that has assembled a promising young list or has access to young talent quickly.

Clarkson refused to rebuild the Hawks until it was the only option and it ended up costing him his job. There's no worse job in footy than one where you have to actively tear down the list before it starts to build back up. If the Eagles fire Simpson it probably means that's the situation and coming in to retire a bunch of legends and improve draft position is a tough gig.

Looks like all of Clarko's apprentices are in danger of being replaced by Clarko now

Dew and Kenny are the obvious choices for varying reasons.

But I have a strong feeling that one of St Kilda or GWS are making top 4 and the other one is missing the 8 and firing their coach. I just can't tell you which is which right now.

Of course it's possible both finish 5-8 and carry on as is but I feel like the playing groups and coaches are both ready to actually achieve something or to fail and call time.

Dew under most pressure. Class of 2019 (Longmire, Ratten, Nicks) will probably come under scrutiny when their team contents for the spoon by midseason. Then we have Hinkley, Cameron, Fagan and Scott who delivered mostly finals for years but seem unable to take the next step. But they are reasonable save unless a shocking season or their club has somebody they believe to be better at hand. Probably the longer serving of those under more scrutiny.

Not sure about Simpson. Eagle look like wanting to take a last roll of the dice and then probably rebuilt. Not sure what that means for their coach. A drop down the ladder wouldn't come really unexpected. And he is a pretty recent premiership coach. I'd say he is save.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dew is gone at the end of the year regardless of how the suns perform, they could make a prelim final and he's gone, keeping the seat warm for Clarko.

Assuming Clarko wants to go to GC. Id be surprised if he does.

I picked Simpson. List is in limbo and maybe some fixturing uncertainty could also lead to a bit of a drop.

Simpson is contracted until end of 2024 - despite WCE being the wealthiest club in the AFL (by a fair margin), that’s still a fair whack out of their football soft cap they’d have to pay out. Would have thought it’d be more likely another coach gets sacked before that happens.

Re: Scott, Hinkley, Simpson, Longmire, Hardwick …

… it might depend how Mitchell and McRae do over the next season or two. If they show that teams can be energized by changing out a long term coach, then other clubs might be more inclined to follow suit.

Re: Scott, Hinkley, Simpson, Longmire, Hardwick …

… it might depend how Mitchell and McRae do over the next season or two. If they show that teams can be energized by changing out a long term coach, then other clubs might be more inclined to follow suit.
Longmire and Hardwick contracted long term going nowhere regardless of results

If Dew doesn't have the Suns at least tracking upwards he's gone.

Could the AFL give Clarko a 10 year contract to set up the coaching structures and be the inaugural AFL Tasmania coach? He has mentioned that is a passion project of his..

I'd have him as much more likely to be the Suns next coach.

I'd have him as much more likely to be the Suns next coach.
The obvious choice, but has publicly declared his interest in Tasmania.. although I think Brendan Bolton is a more likely starter coach.

I also think Clarkson will be reluctant to be part of the process that kills of his mate Stewy Dew, he will want separation from that decision

I'd question the AFL's competence if Clarkson isn't lined up for gold coast next year. Backup is to the giants if they fail.

Simpson is contracted until end of 2024 - despite WCE being the wealthiest club in the AFL (by a fair margin), that’s still a fair whack out of their football soft cap they’d have to pay out. Would have thought it’d be more likely another coach gets sacked before that happens.
WCE would just pay the tax if that is what it took. The 'soft cap' is a detriment to poor clubs - not the West Coast juggernaut.

I would love to see them spend all their money and leave no profit for 'redistribution'.

Has to be Leon Cameron.

Back