Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Righto. Having applied further mathematical analysis.

There’s ONE absolutely massive game that would mean we CANNOT miss top 4, provided we win both of our games.

That game is…

Swans v Pies. If Pies win next weekend v Swans then we CANNOT miss the top 4. Literally no way we can miss.

We can make it a variety of other ways BUT that is the game to assure us top 4.
The one time I will be cheering for Collingwood and they will probably lose

Pick 1 got 4 premierships and Norm Smith. I think you may possibly have meant pick 4.

Even if you are referring to what Freo ended up with it wasn’t that bad but not as good as pick 3:
Trent Croad (38 Freo games)
Luke McPharlin (244 Freo games)
Ryley Dunn (8 Freo games)
Total 290

I think he meant pick 1 in the 2005 draft where Carlton took Marc Murphy at pick 1 and then took Josh Kennedy at pick 4.

The article refers to Chris Judd in 2001 as a pick 3 and then turning that pick into Josh Kennedy as a trade with Carlton.

To me it looks most likely Geelong 1, Sydney 2. In that scenario would you rather finish 3rd and get the SCG or 4th and the MCG? 4th for mine

To me it looks most likely Geelong 1, Sydney 2. In that scenario would you rather finish 3rd and get the SCG or 4th and the MCG? 4th for mine
Agreed. Cats at the G . Win or lose, at least we get another match at the important ground.

But I think we match the cats well and would win that anyway

There’s ONE absolutely massive game that would mean we CANNOT miss top 4, provided we win both of our games.

That game is…

Swans v Pies. If Pies win next weekend v Swans then we CANNOT miss the top 4. Literally no way we can miss.

Have you factored in draws at all?

You prick. You want me to barrack for bloody Collingwood? And that little ***** of a cheating ducking small forward?

I need a shower.
LOL.
There’s many ways we can make top 4. This is the game where it makes it a done deal.

I’m going to feel dirty over the next 2 weeks going for teams I’d ordinarily hope got smashed.

But if we make top 4 then there’s no harm in dreaming.

Relying on the great pretenders in the pies to roll the Swans is gonna end poorly
We don’t need it to happen, so I’m not bothered if Swans smash Pies.

But it would mean we’d need other results to fall our way. Whereas if Pies beat Swans we’re assured top 4.

We don’t need it to happen, so I’m not bothered if Swans smash Pies.

But it would mean we’d need other results to fall our way. Whereas if Pies beat Swans we’re assured top 4.
Yeah problem is I don't trust Carlton to beat the pies in round 23

We are basically relying on the pies to beat the swans IMO

Blues won't beat the Dees either

Saints won't beat the Swans

our gateway to the 4 is the pretenders beating the swans and us not choking our last 2

Yeah problem is I don't trust Carlton to beat the pies in round 23

We are basically relying on the pies to beat the swans IMO

Blues won't beat the Dees either

Saints won't beat the Swans

our gateway to the 4 is the pretenders beating the swans and us not choking our last 2

I can easily seeing Saints beating Lions on Friday. Then in round 23 Lions beating Melb.

That would also get us top 4 regardless of other results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not completely out of the question. Brissie are playing off a five day break and have only won once in Victoria all year
The way Brissie dismantled Carltank today was finals worthy. So well drilled with good skills. I hate to be harsh but the Saints are not even worthy of the title pretenders because they aren't even in the 8.

The way Brissie dismantled Carltank today was finals worthy. So well drilled with good skills. I hate to be harsh but the Saints are not even worthy of the title pretenders because they aren't even in the 8.
I agree Brisbane are better than the saints, funny thing football, sometimes the better team loses

That game is…

Faaarrrrk 🤯
So our hopes ride on one of the most despised teams in the AFL , bottom 4 prediction for this year , with a cheating little smug faced ducker thinking he’s pretty bloody clever , breaking a near 100 year record of winning streaks ?

So bloody Freo 🙄

The following remaining Home & Away games are of most interest to Freo's chances of moving up the Ladder;
In the next round 22: SK vs BL, ME vs CA & SY vs CO.
And in round 23: CA vs CO, SK vs SY (& to a lesser degree BL vs ME)

Freo can still make 2nd spot on the ladder if Carlton & St Kilda win their games ... but as Cobbler says, if we are going to be more realistic and both Carlton and the Saints do us no favors, then we should be barracking for Collingwood over Sydney to give us a chance of sneaking in to the Top 4.

If games go as predicted (we win 2 games), I have us finishing 5th.
2wins: Best case 2nd, Worst case 5th. (most likely 5th)
1win: 4th to 6th (most likely 6th)
0wins: 6th to 8th (most likely 7th)

Last edited:
This is the Fox Footy Prediction.

PREDICTED WEEK 1 FINALS

First Qualifying Final (1st hosts 4th):
Geelong Cats vs Collingwood at the MCG

First Elimination Final (5th hosts 8th): Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs at Optus Stadium

Second Elimination Final (6th hosts 7th): Brisbane Lions vs Richmond at the Gabba

Second Qualifying Final (2nd hosts 3rd): Sydney Swans vs Melbourne at the SCG

PREDICTED FINAL LADDER

Geelong Cats (18-4)

2. Sydney Swans (16-6)

3. Melbourne (16-6)

4. Collingwood (16-6)

5. Fremantle (15-6-1)

6. Brisbane Lions (15-7)

7. Richmond (13-8-1)

8. Western Bulldogs (12-10)

9. Carlton (12-10)

10. St Kilda (11-11)

This is the Fox Footy Prediction.

PREDICTED WEEK 1 FINALS

First Qualifying Final (1st hosts 4th):
Geelong Cats vs Collingwood at the MCG

First Elimination Final (5th hosts 8th): Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs at Optus Stadium

Second Elimination Final (6th hosts 7th): Brisbane Lions vs Richmond at the Gabba

Second Qualifying Final (2nd hosts 3rd): Sydney Swans vs Melbourne at the SCG

PREDICTED FINAL LADDER

Geelong Cats (18-4)

2. Sydney Swans (16-6)

3. Melbourne (16-6)

4. Collingwood (16-6)

5. Fremantle (15-6-1)

6. Brisbane Lions (15-7)

7. Richmond (13-8-1)

8. Western Bulldogs (12-10)

9. Carlton (12-10)

10. St Kilda (11-11)

"Easiest path to top four: Win both games and Collingwood beats Sydney"
Collingwood, love that side. Bunch of champs. Good old Collingwood for ever, something something play the game. Something something the magpies name!!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back