Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldogs week 1 and then Collingwood week 2 isn't the worst finals draw.
Yeah we wont win the Flag from 5th though.

Unless we hub in Victoria for the final series if we get to week 2 beyond and are on the road.

Would the club consider it if we were in that situation & we manage to win week 1 at Home.

As travelling 3 weeks straight back and forth across the country is impossible to win the flag.

2012 finals our game plan stood up and had Adelaide on the rack. It was the travel that got us in the 2nd half from B2B weeks of travel we just ran out of legs even with Tex dominating silvagni.

I know a lot of people seem to think Collingwood’s bubble will burst in Sydney, but I actually think they’ll win. They don’t travel a lot, but even in ordinary years they have so often played well interstate, and I think they have a very good record in Sydney. Going to feel sick barracking for them, but these things happen at this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unless we hub in Victoria for the final series if we get to week 2 beyond and are on the road.

Would the club consider it if we were in that situation & we manage to win week 1 at Home.

As travelling 3 weeks straight back and forth across the country is impossible to win the flag.

2012 finals our game plan stood up and had Adelaide on the rack. It was the travel that got us in the 2nd half from B2B weeks of travel we just ran out of legs even with Tex dominating silvagni.

Statistically we won't win it from 4th either. Almost all the flags of the last twenty years have been from the top three.

I know a lot of people seem to think Collingwood’s bubble will burst in Sydney, but I actually think they’ll win. They don’t travel a lot, but even in ordinary years they have so often played well interstate, and I think they have a very good record in Sydney. Going to feel sick barracking for them, but these things happen at this time of year.

Sydney's form at home has been very patchy over the past few years too.

Collingwood will be the hunted more than the hunter against a very good side in form though, which hasn't happened to them yet really. It's one of the hardest positions to be in psychologically (and eventually strategically), I reckon. Not insurmountable, but a new complication to try and cope with.

The pies had a good record at Homebush/Stadium Australia as they played the swans there every year due to swans having an agreement to play 3 home games there every year and always played Collingwood due to big attendances.

So it used to s**t the swans off in particularly similar to Richmond playing at Marvel.

But since returning to SCG in 2015 they are 2 wins 4 losses against the swans.

Don't disagree, but if at the end of the season if we've won 1 or 2 finals I can't say I'd be unhappy.

Statistically we won't win it from 4th either. Almost all the flags of the last twenty years have been from the top three.

Yep. Since 2000 the 22 premiers have come from the following ladder positions;
1st: 7 times.
2nd: 7 times.
3rd: 7 times.
& in 2016 Western Bulldogs from 7th on the ladder, when they were nursed to a fairytale premiership by the pro Vic umpiring (+31 Free Kicks differentials in their 4 finals games, 3 of which were against interstate teams with 20-8 in the GF against Sydney).

Last edited:
Yep. Since 2000 the 21 premiers have come from the following ladder positions;
1st: 7 times.
2nd: 6 times.
3rd: 7 times.
& in 2016 Western Bulldogs from 7th on the ladder, when they were nursed to a fairytale premiership by the pro Vic umpiring (+31 Free Kicks differentials in their 4 finals games, 3 of which were against interstate teams with 20-8 in the GF against Sydney).
I started that Grand Final going for the Doggies and ended going for Sydney such was the disgusting umpiring i saw. Never seen such a one sided umpiring performance in my life.

The rogering we got in 2013 was every bit as bad as the swans got

Me too .
That game ended any doubt I had that the AFL has an agenda.

I was amazed how horse held his composure in the coach’s box. Obviously he had received a telegram from AFL house during the week. “ Don’t get too emotional John but Gil has decided this grand final is Footscrays.”
It truly was the most contrived finals series I have ever witnessed.
I was LMAO on the Thursday night game at Subiaco against wc to start the series off but eventually I just tuned off, it was so obvious.
FIFA has got nothing on the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was amazed how horse held his composure in the coach’s box. Obviously he had received a telegram from AFL house during the week. “ Don’t get too emotional John but Gil has decided this grand final is Footscrays.”
It truly was the most contrived finals series I have ever witnessed.
I was laughing my LMAO on the Thursday night game at Subiaco against wc to start the series off but eventually I just tuned off, it was so obvious.
FIFA has got nothing on the AFL.
Haha Fred, top points for effort old mate

I remember a press conference around 2014/2015 where Gil said the best thing that could happen for AFL football would be a Western Bulldogs flag and a Richmond flag but just like when Nic Nat says as a press conference that Trev looks after you post retirement - those videos tend to not make it to the internet for long.

I remember a press conference around 2014/2015 where Gil said the best thing that could happen for AFL football would be a Western Bulldogs flag and a Richmond flag but just like when Nic Nat says as a press conference that Trev looks after you post retirement - those videos tend to not make it to the internet for long.

Gil actually made that comment to the pisstank on AFL360 .
Verbatim, “ The proudest moment in my AFL career was Footscray winning this premiership “.
He looked as proud as a honeymooner’s dick.

Jeez, settle down. We copped a few harsh calls in our back half but it was nothing like the obvious missed frees to the Swans - which in a couple of cases were frees paid the other way.
The better team won on both occasions. Doesn't mean we didn't cop s**t umpiring, so did Sydney.

Jeez, settle down. We copped a few harsh calls in our back half but it was nothing like the obvious missed frees to the Swans - which in a couple of cases were frees paid the other way.
The Hawks did have 2 players suspended in the GF that resulted in 1 free kick (and a goal) to the Hawks and zero free kicks to us.

Please don't get me started on the total tiggy touchwood drystroke that was the 50 gimme goal gifted to Franklin for Elvis McPharlin encroaching on the mark by five-eighths of a NTTAWWTteenth of a bee's dick. That decision alone - something that would NEVER be looked at, let alone paid, in the regular H&A, let alone the ferking GRAND FINAL - meant we were ****ed in the arse without vaseline.

Please don't get me started on the total tiggy touchwood drystroke that was the 50 gimme goal gifted to Franklin for Elvis McPharlin encroaching on the mark by five-eighths of a NTTAWWTteenth of a bee's dick. That decision alone - something that would NEVER be looked at, let alone paid, in the regular H&A, let alone the ferking GRAND FINAL - meant we were *ed in the arse without vaseline.
you mean when luke was on the actual mark, as opposed to encroaching on the mark that buddy set?

Please don't get me started on the total tiggy touchwood drystroke that was the 50 gimme goal gifted to Franklin for Elvis McPharlin encroaching on the mark by five-eighths of a NTTAWWTteenth of a bee's dick. That decision alone - something that would NEVER be looked at, let alone paid, in the regular H&A, let alone the ferking GRAND FINAL - meant we were *ed in the arse without vaseline.

I’m pretty sure that’s my only memory of the gf. Haven’t watched it since and I think I just emotionally switched off at that point… knew it wasn’t to be. Sat there watching with glazed eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back