Brownlow Ollie Wines 2021 Brownlow Medallist! - Yep Confirmed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Rozee

Senior List
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Surely Wines has done enough after last night game to win the 2021 Brownlow medal. I do like the Bont but I think the media has overplayed his season. Too many dogs taking points off him.

He has played one hell of a season. Imagine if it came down to this last game for the brownlow!!! That would make one hell of a night to watch.

I have this funny feeling this could be a multiple winner brownlow this year.

He should give it a mighty shake. He's not a bad Brownlow votes poller when in form and he is the standout Port player this year.

Oliver and Petracca, Bont and Macrae plus a few doggy mids could take votes off each other.

The other contenders will struggle getting maximum votes in bad losses.

He'll poll very well, minimum 25 votes.

Unfortunately due to being a lower tier club in this league, our players struggle to get votes in losses where someone like Bont will poll plenty even in losses. Ollie will need to make sure he's regularly picking up 3s when he is polling to have a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Petracca will win. Wines should be top 3, but probably won't be.

Seems like whenever we have a favourite, they badly underpoll and one of our other players nearly wins it.

Tredrea 04 had a terrible Brownlow, Chad was equal 1st with 3 games to go.

Robbie in 14 had a terrible Brownlow, Boak was 2 votes off the lead with 2 games to go.

It really wouldn't surprise me at all if Boak outpolls Wines. He's had a very good season too, has been probably top 2 on the ground in at least 10 games and is a proven vote getter.

Bont will get a lot of votes early but Libba was also on fire in the first half of the season and naughton is gonna get votes for some of those big games

the second half of the year bont has been much quieter and macrae has blitzed it. If macrae is a player the umps notice (and that’s likely) there’s every chance he finishes very close to bont.

Good to see that he's the favourite now but like others have said, we just never seem to poll in losses like Victorian clubs do. Fingers crossed but it's hard to get excited when we've had favourites poll so poorly.

That said, he absolutely deserves to be favourite and he's been a beast over basically the entire year. Wonderful player. I'm so proud of him for elevating his game like he has and he's a huge part of why we're hosting a 2nd consecutive QF

Last edited:
if you could rewatch only 1 season individual highlights would it be; Primus 2001, Francou 2002, Wanganeen 2003, Tredrea 2004, Jnr Burger 2006, Jnr Burger 2007, Boak 2014, Wingard 2015, Gray 2016, Wines 2021?

would be nice for the club to update; https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/123764/port-adelaide-brownlow-medal-history

It's Tredders then daylight for me. Key forwards are just more exciting and for a few years there we had the best one.

(Where the hell is the career doco btw Ports?)

I think Petracca will win. Wines should be top 3, but probably won't be.

Seems like whenever we have a favourite, they badly underpoll and one of our other players nearly wins it.

Tredrea 04 had a terrible Brownlow, Chad was equal 1st with 3 games to go.

Robbie in 14 had a terrible Brownlow, Boak was 2 votes off the lead with 2 games to go.

It really wouldn't surprise me at all if Boak outpolls Wines. He's had a very good season too, has been probably top 2 on the ground in at least 10 games and is a proven vote getter.
He's the best hope we've had just on the basis we've won a lot of games & umps love mids who rack 30 plus frequently.

It's a bullshit award with the worst judges in world sport though lets be honest, the whole thing needs an overhaul.
Last years Boak will steal a lot of votes from this years Ollie.

Because that’s how s**t the award is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back