Hardwick Frawley Stratton
Scrimshaw O’Brien Sicily
Smith O’ Meara Henderson
Bruest Lewis Wingard
Puopolo Patton Gunston
McEvoy Worpel Mitchell
Shiels Frost Scully Burgoyne

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No Ceglar. No Nash. No Hanrahan. No Howe. Wow we have some good depth.

Morrison CJ Cousins Moore Glass also waiting in the wings.

Then the untested such as Walker Ross Kosi who we keep hearing good things about. Certainly some serious pressure on for spots. Blokes are going to have to perform this season or goodbye.

I know it's not going to happen but with all the talk of us lacking a premier small forward since Cyril left, what about shifting Hardwick back to a forward pocket and Poppy back top the back pocket where he started. Dimma was a good goal kicker, great defensively, good overhead mark and evasive. Mainly if Poppy is down on form after a few rounds.

FB: Stratton - Frawley - Puopolo
HB: Sicily - Frost - Scrimshaw
C: Hendo - Mitchell - Smith
HF: Breust - Lewis - O'Brien
FF: Hardwick - Patton - Wingard
Foll: McEvoy - O’Meara - Worpel

In: Shiels - Burgoyne - Scully - Maginnes

Em: Ceglar - Nash - Cousins - Morrison

I have a feeling Maginness will debut Round 1.

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Sicily

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Burgoyne, Lewis, Gunston

F: Breust, Patton, Wingard

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Shiels

INT: Scully, Worpel, Ceglar, Maginness

Am I the only one who questions whether Sculley is a walk up start for our best 22 this year?

I think he did okay in 2019 given the injury he was coming back from but I feel he will need to step his game up another level in 2020 to maintain a spot in the team.

I have a feeling Maginness will debut Round 1.

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Sicily

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Burgoyne, Lewis, Gunston

F: Breust, Patton, Wingard

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Shiels

INT: Scully, Worpel, Ceglar, Maginness

That team makes me very optimistic! Then you have Day, O’Brien, Jones, Walker, Howe, Ross, Nash, Cousins, Morrison, Kosi and co putting the pressure on for spots.

This year was away for GF booked it along time ago ..... won’t be doing it again in the next couple of years!

Am I the only one who questions whether Sculley is a walk up start for our best 22 this year?

I think he did okay in 2019 given the injury he was coming back from but I feel he will need to step his game up another level in 2020 to maintain a spot in the team.

He was average last season, but he has an excuse for that. IMO he's a walk up start because we need wingmen, and although all three of ours are getting on in years we don't have anyone coming through the ranks to take over. I also believe that have three quality running wingmen is part of the reason why Henderson was able to sneak out the back and multiple goals - teams can't keep up with them all.

Scully is a pro and you 99% know that he will execute the role he is asked to play. If everyone else does the same we should be ok.

Last edited:
from my PoV we have 23 obvious starters, not including the draftees and Hartley

23- T.Mitchell, Sicily, Worpel, Henderson, Bresut, Wingard, McEvoy, JOM, Hardwick, Smith, Frawley, Ceglar, Impey, Lewis, Gunston, Scrimshaw, Patton*, Frost*, Burgoyne, Stratton, Shiels, Scully, Puopolo

then we have those guys that are a part of our squad or likely to debut

24-37 TOB, Nash, Hartley*, Howe, Morrison, Cousins, Hanrahan, Jiath, Walker, Maginness, Jones, Ross, Day, Koschitzke

then we have guys who are likely to play for BHH for 2020

38+ Moore, Pepper, Greaves, Glass, Reeves, Golds, Morris, Jeka

the last position could be Minchington or Cassar, i have no idea what the powers that be will do.

from my PoV we have 23 obvious starters, not including the draftees and Hartley

23- T.Mitchell, Sicily, Worpel, Henderson, Bresut, Wingard, McEvoy, JOM, Hardwick, Smith, Frawley, Ceglar, Impey, Lewis, Gunston, Scrimshaw, Patton*, Frost*, Burgoyne, Stratton, Shiels, Scully, Puopolo

then we have those guys that are a part of our squad or likely to debut

24-37 TOB, Nash, Hartley*, Howe, Morrison, Cousins, Hanrahan, Jiath, Walker, Maginness, Jones, Ross, Day, Koschitzke

then we have guys who are likely to play for BHH for 2020

38+ Moore, Pepper, Greaves, Glass, Reeves, Golds, Morris, Jeka

the last position could be Minchington or Cassar, i have no idea what the powers that be will do.
Very good analysis

Could make a pretty good case for listing both these last 2 as well

Probably not because he was a bit of a whipping boy around here last year but i do strongly disagree. I beg anyone who gets the chance this season to go to a game live just watch him and only him for a period of time. Watch all the selfless two way running he does, watch all the different patterns that he runs that leads to 0 possessions for himself but know that it creates both space and opportunities for others. Most importantly watch all the link up play that he gets involved in, at times last season our ball movement was massively slow and stagnant. Pretty much the only times we moved the ball fast and looked dangerous he was involved and often has 2 or 3 sequences in the ball movement.

He was average last season, but he has an excuse for that. IMO he's a walk up start because we need wingmen, and although all three of ours are getting on in years we don't have anyone coming through the ranks to take over. I also believe that have three quality running wingmen is part of the reason why Henderson was able to sneak out the back and multiple goals - teams can't keep up with them all.
As much as he (Scully) was returning from a pretty nasty injury, his excuse for his 2019 performance was as much our averageness as it was about him IMO.

Scully needs link-up play, with possession chains. That's when he can give multiple efforts, get involved multiple times in the same chain & run his opponent into the ground. At different times of the year we played slow/possession style, smash the ball forward & lock it down style & wtf style (I've no idea what we were doing - it was massively ineffective & just looked silly!).

It won't take an increase in his effort to see a pretty good improvement in his output. Popeye the same. They'll both benefit greatly from an increase in support & a change in game style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko values 2 way sacrificial runners. I'm expecting more from him this year. Our midfield with Tom back should be stronger and he'll be more settled with a full preseason

He's 28 he's not that old

Clarko values 2 way sacrificial runners. I'm expecting more from him this year. Our midfield with Tom back should be stronger and he'll be more settled with a full preseason

He's 28 he's not that old

Getting on in years can be taken in many ways. Given he's the youngest of our wingmen, at 28, it's fair to say that our wingmen core are getting on in years. Hopefully they can all do what Henderson has been able to though as get better with age.

Getting on in years can be taken in many ways. Given he's the youngest of our wingmen, at 28, it's fair to say that our wingmen core are getting on in years. Hopefully they can all do what Henderson has been able to though as get better with age.

Henderson and Smith were both drafted late. They could easily play for another 2 years as they don’t look like slowing down anytime soon.

Henderson and Smith were both drafted late. They could easily play for another 2 years as they don’t look like slowing down anytime soon.

I expect one of them to play hbf and replace impey run and carry unless they think cj is ready with so many options for the wing.

I expect one of them to play hbf and replace impey run and carry unless they think cj is ready with so many options for the wing.

If any player moves to the half back flank I can see it being Morrison. With the club recruiting Golds and now Day, Morrison’s time on the wing might be limited. He did play as a half back flanker before so he could potentially fill the role left by Impey this year.

If any player moves to the half back flank I can see it being Morrison. With the club recruiting Golds and now Day, Morrison’s time on the wing might be limited. He did play as a half back flanker before so he could potentially fill the role left by Impey this year.

He's not fast enough to provide the run off the HBF that Impey and even Birchall had provided in the past. But like you said his options are limited and there is a vacancy there, so if he's given a chance hopefully he takes it.

Out of the wingers I think Henderson could do it, given he's played in the backline for Adelaide previously.

He's not fast enough to provide the run off the HBF that Impey and even Birchall had provided in the past. But like you said his options are limited and there is a vacancy there, so if he's given a chance hopefully he takes it.

Out of the wingers I think Henderson could do it, given he's played in the backline for Adelaide previously.
Agree re: Morrison - nowhere near fast enough & doesn't gain enough distance with his kicking.

His only real option is HFF & we're in a bunch of trouble (or winning every game by 50 & so it doesn't matter) if he's selected there.

Smitty to HBF. Bit quicker & breaks well from HB, whereas Hendo is very effective getting forward. Also, Hendo is our only right foot wingman* & both Smitty/Scully are pretty left-foot dependant. Leave Scully/Hendo as wing combo & Smitty off the Birchall-side HBF.

*Gunston may play a bit up the ground this season - swapping out with Hendo on the right side.

Highly doubtful the biggest weakness in his game is his kicking, the turnovers off half back would kill us.
Need the class of half back the glory days of birch,hodge,silk. Sicily is in there mould.

his passing is pretty good. It was goal kicking the knock- which has improved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back