Patrick Dangerfield or Dustin Martin - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. He's far to skinny and is limited in some regard. Doesn't have any freakish attributes that all the other top 5 players possess. He reminds me of an extremely good version of Mitch Duncan.
It all makes sense now. You think this conversation is about Jack Martin... yes Danger is better than him... not Dustin Martin though...

He’d be a gun player in a s**t team.

Way to totally miss the point.
PP34 said:
What exactly is your point?
You you chose Danger.
"I don’t think Dusty would be an improvement for the Cats either. Their list has genuine holes and spuds playing regular games which prevents them from any proper success"
How is that different to Carlton? How is it the Dusty would be a gun at Carlton yet make no improvement for the cats?

PP34 said:
What exactly is your point?
You you chose Danger.
"I don’t think Dusty would be an improvement for the Cats either. Their list has genuine holes and spuds playing regular games which prevents them from any proper success"
How is that different to Carlton? How is it the Dusty would be a gun at Carlton yet make no improvement for the cats?
Because Dangerfield is just as good.

As someone who’s watched the match at least 4 times more than you have, Dusty was clearly BOG. I thought it on the day and then paid special attention to Dusty and Houli on repeat viewings.

Houli winning would’ve been an upset. People who think he didn’t deserve it are kidding themselves. Even Houli’s goal was set up by a piece of magic by Dusty.
Nice confirmation bias by all you tuggers. Just because he did win doesn't mean he should have won. I and many others who don't have our heads up our ass know that dusty only won because the selectors were caught up in the whole dusty fever. But because he won you watch the replays with the intent of only noticing the things that suit your argument.

But that is exactly how you guys came out after 2007.

I remember. Perhaps you don't.

People have very short memories in football.
I agree. We did and were proven right. 3 flags in 5 years would suggest that to be the case. No cat fan should deny it. After 119 it was the most complete and dominant gf performance in history.

Nice confirmation bias by all you tuggers. Just because he did win doesn't mean he should have won. I and many others who don't have our heads up our ass know that dusty only won because the selectors were caught up in the whole dusty fever. But because he won you watch the replays with the intent of only noticing the things that suit your argument.

There were so many cases for who could have won the Norm Smith. Houli was the biggest but he was quiet after half time. Dusty was solid for 4 quarters and 22 contested possessions, 9 score involvements, 2 goals and 2 assists was just a class above when everyone else was fumbling. I thought the top 4 players on the ground in order were Dusty, Houli, Rance and then Graham. Graham's game was extremely underrated in my opinion.

There were so many cases for who could have won the Norm Smith. Houli was the biggest but he was quiet after half time. Dusty was solid for 4 quarters and 22 contested possessions, 9 score involvements, 2 goals and 2 assists was just a class above when everyone else was fumbling. I thought the top 4 players on the ground in order were Dusty, Houli, Rance and then Graham. Graham's game was extremely underrated in my opinion.

Martin also brought others into the game, which had a huge impact on the performance of the team.

I thought Nankervis monstered Adelaide in the last half and was almost best on. The hit out ratio was a little exaggerated due to Grigg spending half the second Q rucking. Nank was dominant, but Martin was best.

I thought Martin was a deserved winner of NS, and not just because I rate him. He was always cool and in control, and everything he did helped the result.
And some reward for the rest of his finals too.

I thought Martin was a deserved winner of NS, and not just because I rate him. He was always cool and in control, and everything he did helped the result.
And some reward for the rest of his finals too.

Yep. In a high pressure gane where everyone else was fumbly, Martin was so clean. Brought a lot of teammates into the game. Contributed directly to 4 goals. And was involved in a further 5 scores. Brought a lot of teammates into the game as well. Was evidently the most dominant player for 4 quarters over the game and his cleanliness really made hin stand out in what was a scrappy game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won because he got the most votes. If you want people to win because you think they deserve it go hand out participation awards down at Melbourne's pre season training.

McGrath for the Rising Star and Daniher for MOTY were worse examples, but expect that had more to do with the AFL than a bias...

Cant say that Martin winning the Norm Smith was a bad thing, he was one of a few possible deserved winners.
Houli for me was on when the game was in the balance, he did the the stuff that forges Norm Smith medals.
I feel it should have gone to Houli but lost no sleep that Martin got it.

No, I watch both Dusty and Houli and take notice of everything. Also, unlike most people, I've watched the GF sober.

So has he been helpful to Geelong?
unbelievably so tbh- numerous games in 16 & 17 we got over the line only because of Danger.
We haven't won a prelim, but without Danger, we likely don't make finals.
I think you knew the answer to this question anyway, but happy to elaborate the point.
Even though he was a fraction behind Dusty this year, not often do you see a player come runner up in a Brownlow on 33 votes, having had some injuries and a 1 week suspension. Danger alone had a superb season. Martin's was just better.

unbelievably so tbh- numerous games in 16 & 17 we got over the line only because of Danger.
We haven't won a prelim, but without Danger, we likely don't make finals.
I think you knew the answer to this question anyway, but happy to elaborate the point.
Even though he was a fraction behind Dusty this year, not often do you see a player come runner up in a Brownlow on 33 votes, having had some injuries and a 1 week suspension. Danger alone had a superb season. Martin's was just better.
I thought you were Carlton?... Anyway i'm just pointing out that you said Dusty would make no improvement to Geelong's list. Still trying to work out what you mean

I thought you were Carlton?... Anyway i'm just pointing out that you said Dusty would make no improvement to Geelong's list. Still trying to work out what you mean
Players would be too busy watching him in awe to contribute is my guess, just like the Suns did when G Ablett played

That Wasn't me sorry - mistaken posts.

Martin every day of the week for me, Danger burns the ball too much. Danger is a phenomenal athlete but that only goes so far. Martin is a natural footballer.

I’d have both in my team.

He’d be a gun player in a s**t team.

Way to totally miss the point.

s**t teams have gun players that play below their capabilities, look no further than Murphy, Gibbs and Cripps, but when they play in a good team (like Grigg) they go to another level.
So no, your a really good player in a s**t team, but a gun in a great team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back