Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

In Robbo's round 1 likes. He likes SPP...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/642382256afe887230b4bf03511d47f5

7. The first-gamer

The hype around Port Adelaide’s Sam Powell-Pepper was worthy. Put it this way, he had 19 touches, seven clearances and two goals and Dan Hannebery had 18 and one clearance. That dominance was indicative of Port’s disposal of Sydney on Saturday. The win was lost somewhat in Victoria, but by season’s end it will be listed among the upsets of the season. It might be soft no longer. They went to the SCG and won the contested ball by 22 — against Sydney mind you — led by Ollie Wines and Travis Boak and it was Jared Polec’s first double-digit contested ball numbers (10) in almost a year.

Last edited:

Why anyone even thinks his nickname will be anything other than Pep or Peppy is completely beyond me. He actually looks like a bit of a Peppy.

Pee Pee.

Now if only there was a way to fix umpires eye sight throughout the rest of the game..
I know right clearly the only obvious solution is to review every handball, seriously though I can't believe they brought that rule in for the Dogs and so far we've been pinged for it more than most other teams already.

Robbie Gray is one of the best quick handballers in the league, he had a hard enough night as is without having one of his few legit disposals overturned whilst getting his head taking off mind you.

In Robbo's round 1 likes. He likes SPP... (ITS BEHIND THE PAYWALL SO NO LINK)

7. The first-gamer

The hype around Port Adelaide’s Sam Powell-Pepper was worthy. Put it this way, he had 19 touches, seven clearances and two goals and Dan Hannebery had 18 and one clearance. That dominance was indicative of Port’s disposal of Sydney on Saturday. The win was lost somewhat in Victoria, but by season’s end it will be listed among the upsets of the season. It might be soft no longer. They went to the SCG and won the contested ball by 22 — against Sydney mind you — led by Ollie Wines and Travis Boak and it was Jared Polec’s first double-digit contested ball numbers (10) in almost a year.
All you have to do is post the heading of the article on here for us to get around the paywall. Paste heading on Google and you can read it.

Mark Williams on Sam's first game: "Bloody hell, how about him." :D

That's apt, given he wrote and performed the 1990 ARIA-certified platinum hit, Show No Mercy.

I'm being told you're referring to the other Mark Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All you have to do is post the heading of the article on here for us to get around the paywall. Paste heading on Google and you can read it.

I copied this SPP info when it allowed me to see it then I went back to article and I got 'you exceeded your free limit' message so I can't post heading

I copied this SPP info when it allowed me to see it then I went back to article and I got 'you exceeded your free limit' message so I can't post heading

Hopefully you can get to it via Robbos tweet

Or here

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/642382256afe887230b4bf03511d47f5

Last edited:
That's apt, given he wrote and performed the 1990 ARIA-certified platinum hit, Show No Mercy.

I'm being told you're referring to the other Mark Williams.
No that was Vanda and Young who wrote it. ;) Mark just belted it out against Glenelg that year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back