Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Three beautiful goals showcasing different skills. Finishing very impressive.
And interestingly, not one high flying mark of the year type, all on the ground like a jaguar.

I was impressed by the 3rd goal when I saw it live because it was a tall forward who actually took the game on and said I will kick this goal, move out of my way. Scully also had a bit of that as well but more confidence in his set shot at goal.

Very good return to footy. Presented well and kicked with confidence.

That pass to set up his 2nd goal (Evans maybe, I can't tell) was superb. Put it to the space and forced George to get on his bike. That would have tested him mentally as well as physically, and he moved like a man who hasn't just come back from a recon. Good signs.

That pass to set up his 2nd goal (Evans maybe, I can't tell) was superb. Put it to the space and forced George to get on his bike. That would have tested him mentally as well as physically, and he moved like a man who hasn't just come back from a recon. Good signs.
I think that was Burton.

Burton drives me a bit crazy but when he is on, his kicking into the F50 is sublime.

Close by, he seems to have muscles growing on his muscles.

I think the terrific pass to him was by TomA.
He is a very good kick to the leading forwards. Puts it on a plate.

I think the Burton one was the mark by Georgy in the pocket when he dived. Great mark and kick for goal. There was a sense of automatic with it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a very good kick to the leading forwards. Puts it on a plate.

I think the Burton one was the mark by Georgy in the pocket when he dived. Great mark and kick for goal. There was a sense of automatic with it all.
Think Frank kicked the footy Mitch for the diving mark. Could be wrong? Took me by surprise, thinking it was Evans as that use inside 50 may be handy from a Wing.

Watched Charlie Curnow the last two weeks and think he’s the sort of player George could aspire to become . Let’s hope because Charlie is a great player

The Frank Evans optimism test upon hearing this news

1. Super-optimistic - Great for Mitch, bad luck for Jed or DBJ though
2. Somewhat optimistic - Great for Mitch, tough choice for the selectors for who goes out.
3. Pessimistic - I'll clear out my locker now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back