List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is conceivable that he doesn't know yet...

The teams he can possibly go to are all no better than Freo. If you were in his shoes wouldn't you want to choose somewhere where you had a chance at a premiership at some point in your footy career? Richmond on the decline. Carlton have had more draft currency used on their list than any other team, have been underperforming for years and are still only 13th on the ladder. It's hard being a Freo supporter but you'd have to be a sick * to still support Carlton at this stage. Hawthorn don't seem to be going anywhere in the next half a decade.

If he is determined to go back to Vic then as crazy as it sounds, North Melbourne may even be his best option. Plenty of cap space, great draft currency to get the deal done, have some exciting young talent coming through and if (still far from a certainty though) they can cover for their many retirement age players who are carrying them when they are competitive they could quickly pass a lot of the other Vic options.

But then again Freo has been playing a younger and less experienced side and has had an even worse run of injuries than North and isn't on the bottom of the ladder. So staying makes a lot of sense as well - at least for 2 more years to re-evaluate (not just us but where the Vic teams are at also).

He’s good mates with Stephenson.

No guarantee we are after him either. The smoke has always been Carlton and Richmond but that doesn’t seem likely given their situations.

yeah he’s good mates with Brayshaw too haha. Don’t think that matters too much.

richmonds always been the pull. Die hard fan as a kid, whether that has any impact now, who knows.

I still can see him signing for Freo and re-assessing again in a few years. The money here could still be a fair bit more than back home

Can someone please tell me why all these other supporters think they will get Cerra for Cheap? Dude cost us Pick 5!!! Why would we accept a pick like 10!?! So aggravating!
You just have to accept it on the trading board,
1) 80% of the people are complete idiots who dont know what they are talking about
2) 15% are trolls
3) 5% are actually pretty switched on but still have warped fews based on the club they support.

Edit: If you want to get REALLY frustrated or confused, go on another club board to see what they would trade for Cerra. The DTFA board actually filters most of the full nuffies out believe it or not

Can someone please tell me why all these other supporters think they will get Cerra for Cheap? Dude cost us Pick 5!!! Why would we accept a pick like 10!?! So aggravating!

He's out of contract unfortunately. We'll hopefully still net a top 10 but that's about it.

If he had another year to go we'd take them to the cleaners. If the deal doesn't go through, he'll just put a huge price on his head and walk to his elected team like Jack Martin in the PSD which is very uncommon though.

Deal will be done fairly if he leaves.

You just have to accept it on the trading board,
1) 80% of the people are complete idiots who dont know what they are talking about
2) 15% are trolls
3) 5% are actually pretty switched on but still have warped fews based on the club they support.

Edit: If you want to get REALLY frustrated or confused, go on another club board to see what they would trade for Cerra. The DTFA board actually filters most of the full nuffies out believe it or not

There are only 20 people on the trading board. That 5% is you isn't it? Without the warped view of course.

Really don't know if I'd want picks or a player for Cerra, perhaps both is best.

There are only 20 people on the trading board. That 5% is you isn't it? Without the warped view of course.

Really don't know if I'd want picks or a player for Cerra, perhaps both is best.
I just hate how Richmond and Hawthorn supporters think he will come cheaply. Richmond should be paying 2x picks between 10-20 and hawthorn should pay there first rounder!! But then you hear talk of supporters saying second rounders etc. it just aggravates me

I just hate how Richmond and Hawthorn supporters think he will come cheaply. Richmond should be paying 2x picks between 10-20 and hawthorn should pay there first rounder!! But then you hear talk of supporters saying second rounders etc. it just aggravates me

This is where the club needs to stand firm. Club before player, always.

I'll go into bat for Snuffaluphagus , he is definitely one of the 5%.

I'm not. Bend them all over I say!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re going to get creamed. Just know it. A junk SPS trade involved here
We don’t lose players for unders, unless you consider two top 10 picks the requirement. Don’t stress, we’ll get a fair deal for someone of Cerra quality

future first is rubbish, the list demographic of Carlton - age and experience would suggest they should be much further up the ladder. They will pop up the ladder at some point. By adding an experienced mid like Cerra could very well be next year. Especially with Curnow on the comeback trail.
Freo should do what’s right For Freo, not for Cerra. North opens up more prospects and same as Hawtborn. Don’t think Cerra has the right to choose given we developed him and has played every game since debut bar 5 or so games.

Nah, I’m in the 15%, just playing the long con…

I remember opposition supporters laughing at our demands for Weller and Hill saying they were worth second rounders, saying Neale was worth a late first etc. Mostly clueless idiots who never watch us play. If you'd seen Weller play at Freo he was easily worth a top ten pick (not pick 2 but whatever). Hill was a top five player at the club at the peak of his powers. Neale was a top 15 mid in the comp.

Also got to laugh at people that think being out of contract significantly affects value. The difference is minimal at best. Cerra is top ten player at a side competing for finals and is 21. Forget the fact he went pick 5 - his expected performances for the next ten years are worth a high end first rounder with a sweetener. We'll start the bidding at two first rounders - more if it's Richmond.

No footy player at the age of 21 has earnt the right to dictate which club they want to play for. State yes. Club no. If you don't qualify under free agency rules then you haven't earnt that right.

I day say at this age clubs have done a lot more for players than the other way around. By age 25 that starts to swing around.

No footy player at the age of 21 has earnt the right to dictate which club they want to play for. State yes. Club no. If you don't qualify under free agency rules then you haven't earnt that right.

I day say at this age clubs have done a lot more for players than the other way around. By age 25 that starts to swing around.

He's been given a more than generous offer over fours years. I would rather he leaves than take a two year contract.

He's not worth pick 1, however misguided historical trades are, he's not getting pick 1 by itself.

I'd do Cerra and pick 8 for pick 1 (Horne) and an early 2nd. At least one of the draft watchers (PMBangers) thinks he'd prefer Cerra and 8 over Horne and an early 2nd so it should be in the ball park
Cerra for Horne? Snuff you are making me slightly erect

Adrian Barich just said a Cerra decision on his future is coming up on Seven News during the sport report. Exclusive.
Yeah I saw that too.

Don't trust Barich or Channel 7 as far as I can spit them... Most likely there'll be a big asterisk there.

Nothing on the FFC website or AFL site, so if the news is broken on 7 (as opposed as coming from the club) then that's a really shitty way to go about it.

I call bullshit.

Last edited:
Back