List Mgmt. Pick 69 - Logan Austin 197cm KPD

Remove this Banner Ad

Clurey's not slow. He makes mistakes because he doesn't have the experience of the others because when we should have been getting games into him last year we dropped him and f**ked up his development. Give him a consistent run until the end of the year, a decent pre-season for him along with Logan and our backline is looking very solid for the next few years.

How do you/the bigfooty internet collective/anyone but the coaching and development coaches know this??

Is everyone suggesting that the coaches have their heads so far up there that they don't realise this huge mistake they are making in his development by not playing him?

It shits me how much we think we know.

We are fans. We know (relatively) nothing.

How do you/the bigfooty internet collective/anyone but the coaching and development coaches know this??

Is everyone suggesting that the coaches have their heads so far up there that they don't realise this huge mistake they are making in his development by not playing him?

Welcome to the Internet its the place you can have opinions

WELL SAID!!!!

Well maybe you can explain selection policy? Because I'd argue that probably 90% of us on this forum are confused. Rewarding poor form with games, not dropping the senior players after putting in continued rubbish performances.

Apart from the unearthing of guys like DBJ, Austin and Howard the last 2 years has been a major step backwards. We seem to have a major issue in developing talls, especially Key Forwards, the midfields bar R Gray are not developing. Not sure what organisation you work in but after 1 good year in 10 years, I'd would suggest we have some problems down there in the way we are developing people.

This thread need more homage to Logan, the kid is stepping up nicely.
He sure is , just hope his shoulders are all good. His first 10mins at AO were of a player trembling with nerves.
So glad he sold candy 3x's v Nth Melb. Sopke to him one time late last year. Great young man.
My thoughts and best wishes go out to Dougal. We haven't forgotten you m8.

FB Clurey Austin Krak
HB Pittard Hombsch DBJ

Thats my back 6. next year and now as soon as injuries are gone.
Jonas kept as cover. Plus Trengove as Forward / Ruck / Back in that order

I like that back 6 so much, I liked it and quoted it.

FB Clurey Austin Krak
HB Pittard Hombsch DBJ

Thats my back 6. next year and now as soon as injuries are gone.
Jonas kept as cover. Plus Trengove as Forward / Ruck / Back in that order
And if a club is seriously interested in Jonas as reported then do a TRADE. he is replaceable and IMHO we need to draft and develop.
As part of our drafting we should GET a game day strategist to work with our senior coach. I know that is not a revelation but when you consider how the club was f###d by the AFL & St Kilda over Richo's appointment and now look at the Saints progress I consider that move a must.

And if a club is seriously interested in Jonas as reported then do a TRADE. he is replaceable and IMHO we need to draft and develop.
As part of our drafting we should GET a game day strategist to work with our senior coach. I know that is not a revelation but when you consider how the club was f###d by the AFL & St Kilda over Richo's appointment and now look at the Saints progress I consider that move a must.

from our backs, Jonas, Carlile, Broadbent and Oshea i think are all expendable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if Jonas isn't necessarily a lock in the best 22 next year, he's exactly the type of guy we want to keep around as depth at the very least. Plays tall and small which adds flexibility and allows him to slot in to replace any of our defenders without requiring a major structural change, has a reliable defensive game (unlike a certain other depth defender who was given far too many games this year), and must be rated internally as a good leader considering that he was given a vice captaincy spot after only a couple of years as a regular. Wouldn't trade him unless it was for pretty decent overs.

Waiting in anticipation for the "Logan ******* Austin" thread.

remember when people thought Palmer was our best player from the last draft/under 20. where are those guys?

for some reason we have this absurd thing where we are so, so far and away the best spoiling team in the comp but Austin is now equal 4th all time in 1%'ers for one game. also number two in the AFL for the season for 1%'ers per game behind Hombschy.

Our defence has held up reasonably well since Logan stepped into the side. I can see our defence being a strong point next year. Four players are lock-ins I reckon: Darcy, Logan, Pittard and Hombsch, with Clurey, Broady, Krak, Jonas, Bonner, Carlile, Stewart and O'Shea vying for the remaining two spots. Hamish can also play down back, Jackson too. That's a lot of defenders to carry so one or two won't survive.

Bonner seems to be tracking nicely, so he's a chance to break into the firsts next year. It would make for a new look defence compared to the one we saw in 2015. It's a nice blend of players who can defend well, and also give lots of drive.

Last edited:
Well maybe you can explain selection policy? Because I'd argue that probably 90% of us on this forum are confused. Rewarding poor form with games, not dropping the senior players after putting in continued rubbish performances.

Apart from the unearthing of guys like DBJ, Austin and Howard the last 2 years has been a major step backwards. We seem to have a major issue in developing talls, especially Key Forwards, the midfields bar R Gray are not developing. Not sure what organisation you work in but after 1 good year in 10 years, I'd would suggest we have some problems down there in the way we are developing people.

I can't explain s**t. I am not in the inner circle of the club.

Thats just my point.

Everyone likes to rationalise and suggest reasons for why coaching staff has done X, or why player Y was selected this week and that is what a large part of bigfooty is right?. Admittedly this kind of conjecture is fun, but it just irks me when us fans make absolute statements about things we can't even get an inclination of.

Loving Logan Austin though. Dude can really play. Has composure, size and some serious upside. Loves a spoil too.

yes
I can't explain s**t. I am not in the inner circle of the club.

Thats just my point.

Everyone likes to rationalise and suggest reasons for why coaching staff has done X, or why player Y was selected this week and that is what a large part of bigfooty is right?. Admittedly this kind of conjecture is fun, but it just irks me when us fans make absolute statements about things we can't even get an inclination of.

Loving Logan Austin though. Dude can really play. Has composure, size and some serious upside. Loves a spoil too.

That boy good....

v4xAiQ2.gif

Even if Jonas isn't necessarily a lock in the best 22 next year, he's exactly the type of guy we want to keep around as depth at the very least. Plays tall and small which adds flexibility and allows him to slot in to replace any of our defenders without requiring a major structural change, has a reliable defensive game (unlike a certain other depth defender who was given far too many games this year), and must be rated internally as a good leader considering that he was given a vice captaincy spot after only a couple of years as a regular. Wouldn't trade him unless it was for pretty decent overs.
Plus he good for smashing the odd bloke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back