Play Frampton now! not when Kanye West is elected US President

Remove this Banner Ad

Above are all valid points

But why not make it a 1+1 with it depending on games next year

He doesn't need games next year. He needs to be prime when Ryder and Jacko start dropping off. Brodie Grundy is an anomaly as far as rucks go. Not many have the ruck craft and strength to compete at such a young age. Billy will get this, especially with Lade mentoring him. 2 years ago Melbourne supporters wanted to dump Gawn as he couldn't ruck. They actually did dump Stefan Martin. It happens all the time, their bodies mature and something clicks.

A 200cm kid with mongrel that can rack up big numbers of possessions and take contested marks is worth securing at the club for more than a year. A 1 year deal may have a negative affect in development. Now he can do what is required without feeling he needs to take short cuts in his development to score an extra year.

Above are all valid points

But why not make it a 1+1 with it depending on games next year
Mate you have to remember that contract negotiations are a two-way affair! We offer him one year, his manager wants three years and says that can potentially get a two years deal from Freo. Back and forth over $$$'s, so he eventually gets a 2-year deal that both are happy with.

He is a developing KPP, not a 29 y/o Paul Stewart. Give him the space he needs, dont cramp him up. I am very happy to retain him for 2 years, frankly I thought he would be off to Freo in 2018.

Happy with the two for billy. If we manage to successfully unload lobbe at the end of the year, that means we only have frampton and ladhams behind a 30 year old in 2018. You need to have a decent backup in your ruck stocks and billy is getting there.

Had a close look at Billy next to Lobbe in the trial game and he definitely looked taller than Matt. He could be 202cm now, it's not out of the ordinary for talls to continue to grow after they're recruited.

His ruck work has looked better as the year has progressed, like Lade has been putting some work into him. He moves around the ground like a ruck-rover and presents well as a tall marking target.

He really looks the ideal resting forward, second ruck option in the immediate future but as he fills out and builds the natural ruck core strength could become a solid first ruck.

I was a little worried how Port viewed him because they seemed reluctant to put him in the best players in a couple of games where I thought he stood out. Clearly they think he has a future and 2 years is fair enough in that case, given the development arc of young talls.
So pleased we got Lade back with all of our tall prospects. Seems to be paying dividends so far :)

he's endeared himself to regular magpie game attendees, with his aggression & ability to cover the ground. his ruck work isn't 'a grade' yet, although i feel it's come a long way. with lade mentoring him he should come on well.

i've questioned a couple times why he hasn't been picked yet but i feel the coaches are just wanting him to get a full season of sanfl under his belt, as he's had his troubles staying on the park previously. i'm content with that & have no doubts after another strong pre-season he will get his chances early next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should take Trengove's current role but JT is genuine AFL quality and should be in the side.

I've been on board the Billy Train for long enough now that if I'm not the driver at least I'm shovelling the coal ;).

It would have been interesting to see him play in his home state this weekend with SPP. Just loosen the leash a little and let him go to show them what they missed out on. :p

Having seen him go around a few times over the past month or so in my mind anyway he has overtaken Howard as next in line versatile ruck/forward option.

im fairly confident that if given the chance Frampton would be a better option than Trengove as the rock/forward option, the only thing i think Trengove is better at is his ground ball ability but thats not really why you would pick him over Frampton, Personally if Trengove does have trade value i wouldnt be saying no to trading him especially if we cant get rid of Lobbe. The only reason why i would say Trengove is ahead of Frampton at the moment is if Frampton doesnt have the tank to run out a full game at AFL level.

.......Personally if Trengove does have trade value i wouldnt be saying no to trading him especially if we cant get rid of Lobbe......

Can we be creative with salaries now the collective bargaining agreement is in place, and re-engineer Lobbe's contract to pay him much more this year ilo next year, making him more attractive to another club?

Many highlights this weekend for the club, this guy was right up there as the story of the weekend. Killed it.

Can we be creative with salaries now the collective bargaining agreement is in place, and re-engineer Lobbe's contract to pay him much more this year ilo next year, making him more attractive to another club?
the CBA would be factored into everyones contracts, id be surprised if it wasnt, even when they didnt know the figure the contract would have the percent amount factored in. Clubs wont have anymore percentage of salary cap to play with even though the contracts will be higher

gee whizz.....as much as frampton is promising, people should keep in mind he is currently playing SANFL level and is being compared to someone playing at AFL level.

I'll fight anyone that wants to trade Jacko
Me too .. * that trading Trengove. Everyone thinking that has rocks in their heads !!!!

Trengove is a leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back