Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Wood is a Lib in sheep's clothes.

I suspect my main difference in where I read the lay of the land is to whether SAB hits ALP or Liberal heartland harder. I think SA Best will come second in most Hills/Foothills seats but will struggle to push past 47% in any of them.

However, in the northern suburbs from Enfield to Light I think they'll be pushing to 49% and take a few scoops (including Rau as you've alluded to).
https://www.pollbludger.net/sa2018/Overview.htm

Strongest Nick Xenophon Team seats by 2016 Senate vote
Heysen
31.2%
Chaffey 30.5%
Finniss 30.4%
Kavel 29.8%
Morialta 26.9%
Giles 26.5%
Mawson 25.8%
Stuart 25.8%
Mount Gambier 25.4%
Narungga 25.0%
Hammond 24.3%
Davenport 24.2%
Newland 23.7%
Hartley 23.7%
Waite 23.5%

They'll take Heysen.

I think a bit of the NXT vote in the last federal election was a backlash against Jamie Briggs though which was still fresh.

https://www.pollbludger.net/sa2018/Overview.htm

Strongest Nick Xenophon Team seats by 2016 Senate vote
Heysen
31.2%
Chaffey 30.5%
Finniss 30.4%
Kavel 29.8%
Morialta 26.9%
Giles 26.5%
Mawson 25.8%
Stuart 25.8%
Mount Gambier 25.4%
Narungga 25.0%
Hammond 24.3%
Davenport 24.2%
Newland 23.7%
Hartley 23.7%
Waite 23.5%

They'll take Heysen.

I think a bit of the NXT vote in the last federal election was a backlash against Jamie Briggs though which was still fresh.

I don't think you can draw cause and effect between a whole Senate election with Nick himself in the number one spot and a general election.

I like Nick in Port Adelaide and Enfield where his candidates are well known, and fairly effective local councillors.

Time will tell though.

I don't think you can draw cause and effect between a whole Senate election with Nick himself in the number one spot and a general election.

I like Nick in Port Adelaide and Enfield where his candidates are well known, and fairly effective local councillors.

Time will tell though.
I agree. I think SAB will be a dud. They won’t run next state election and will be disbanded once Nick tries to exert influence when he didn’t even win his seat.

Could get ugly just like Palmer

And Marshall will stay true to his word. He won’t negotiate with Nick, but will with Illingworth, Wood, etc.

If you live near the boundary of your electorate there's a lot to be said for voting in the neighbouring electorate. The out of electorate lines tend to be much shorter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously being facetious.

Spending half an hour lining up to put numbers one to six in pencil on a green piece of paper does feel outdated though

It does, but I think we all know the dangers of electronic voting. Not only do I doubt the ECSA (or AEC federally) would have a system dynamic enough to cope with voting day, but we don't want the voting irregularities that plagues the US system.

Plus you get a paper trail with pencil on paper.

It does, but I think we all know the dangers of electronic voting. Not only do I doubt the ECSA (or AEC federally) would have a system dynamic enough to cope with voting day, but we don't want the voting irregularities that plagues the US system.

Until the AEC manages to lose a few boxes of senate votes in WA (which in terms of fundamental * ups they've never really been held properly to account)

Electronic voting has been used in ACT elections. That said, it was only a few polling stations (only the pre-polling stations), not every polling booth on election day.

The AEC do run votes over the internet - just not for parliamentary elections. My last few Enterprise Bargaining Agreements have all been voted for over the internet, and conducted by the AEC.

WTF I thought advertising was banned since last night, wake up this morning to an email from the local Labor candidate saying vote for me. Pretty pissed I'm on a political party mailing list.
I got a text this morning telling me to vote Liberal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back