Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not up to me to admit it - half the time the evidence is there for itself without me needed to parrot 'yep, they stuffed up'
Ok then, I gave you an example today and what was your response? To make up some bullshit comparison to deflect. Why bother when Labor have been dodgy?

Ok then, I gave you an example today and what was your response? To make up some bullshit comparison to deflect. Why bother when Labor have been dodgy?

I was merely mentioning that both sides are as bad as each other. Labor may have puckered up social media, but the Libs have been puckering up to mainstream media for years.

When I call that out, you deflect into a personal attack (which is usually the last resort for people when they have nothing to come back on).

I was merely mentioning that both sides are as bad as each other. Labor may have puckered up social media, but the Libs have been puckering up to mainstream media for years.

When I call that out, you deflect into a personal attack (which is usually the last resort for people when they have nothing to come back on).
It’s not a legitimate comparison. The Labor party used info which has privacy issues, the Libs realising this walked away.

You brought up a media organisation favouring the Libs, a comparison to that would be Labor and the ABC, the issue is the ABC are supposed to be neutral.

And that wasn’t a personal attack, it was merely pointing out that you hide and ignore when Labor * up. What’s your thoughts on what Andrews has been busted for? What about the Qld labor party? How about Jay hiding the Hospital report or refusing to release cabinet papers about Oakden? The list goes on but you just stick your fingers in your ears.

It’s not a legitimate comparison. The Labor party used info which has privacy issues, the Libs realising this walked away.

You brought up a media organisation favouring the Libs, a comparison to that would be Labor and the ABC, the issue is the ABC are supposed to be neutral.

And that wasn’t a personal attack, it was merely pointing out that you hide and ignore when Labor **** up. What’s your thoughts on what Andrews has been busted for? What about the Qld labor party? How about Jay hiding the Hospital report or refusing to release cabinet papers about Oakden? The list goes on but you just stick your fingers in your ears.

Andrews - Yep ****ed up
Qld Labor Party? Only thing I can think of is the NGR's and that's a legacy from Newman.
RAH report - You don't think the Libs would've done the same in an election campaign?
Oaken - Yep ****ed up, but the Libs have ****ed up in health in the past too (or do you conveniently forget Modbury Hospital)

Now every time Marshall stuffs up, I expect you to be on here and admit it. Every time. You want me to admit to every Labor stuff up. I expect you to do the same every time the Liberals stuff up. That sounds fair right?

Again you deflect, and go on the personal attack

Andrews - Yep ****** up
Qld Labor Party? Only thing I can think of is the NGR's and that's a legacy from Newman.
RAH report - You don't think the Libs would've done the same in an election campaign?
Oaken - Yep ****** up, but the Libs have ****** up in health in the past too (or do you conveniently forget Modbury Hospital)
How did I deflect? I pointed out your totally irrelevant comparison.

The QLD govt appointed someone in an execs position who hadn’t applied, who they didn’t interview because a Union boss sent an email demanding it.

You know how you are calling them * ups? How about just admitting they are dodgy, because they are all dodgy acts, not * ups.

The Modbury hospital, sorry but you will have to refresh my memory on that but that must have been a long time ago.

As for personal attacks, pointing out what you do isn’t a personal attack, it’s stating facts.

As for Marshall, if he does something dodgy, I guarantee you if you ask me about it i won’t hide.

How did I deflect? I pointed out your totally irrelevant comparison.

The QLD govt appointed someone in an execs position who hadn’t applied, who they didn’t interview because a Union boss sent an email demanding it.

You know how you are calling them **** ups? How about just admitting they are dodgy, because they are all dodgy acts, not **** ups.

The Modbury hospital, sorry but you will have to refresh my memory on that but that must have been a long time ago.

As for personal attacks, pointing out what you do isn’t a personal attack, it’s stating facts.

I wasn't aware of that in Qld and yes that's dodgy, but you can't deny the Coalition have done equally as, if not more dodgy, in the past - especially in Queensland. In fact, if you want to talk about dodgy politics in Queensland, I recommend looking up 4 Corners 'The Moonlight State' and doing some research on the Fitzgerald Inquiry. Even Sir Joh's perjury trial, a result of the Fitzgerald Inquiry, was declared a mistrial after the foreman was revealed as a member of the Young Nationals.

In fact, even Newman's order of the NGR's, which fail to meet disability legislation, is pretty dodgy as well.

As for the Modbury Hospital, in 1995 the Liberals outsourced the operation to the Modbury Hospital to Healthscope. What followed was years of issues and problems, which Modbury arguably still hasn't recovered from.

As for Marshall, if he does something dodgy, I guarantee you if you ask me about it i won’t hide.

Challenge accepted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't aware of that in Qld and yes that's dodgy, but you can't deny the Coalition have done equally as, if not more dodgy, in the past - especially in Queensland. In fact, if you want to talk about dodgy politics in Queensland, I recommend looking up 4 Corners 'The Moonlight State' and doing some research on the Fitzgerald Inquiry. Even Sir Joh's perjury trial, a result of the Fitzgerald Inquiry, was declared a mistrial after the foreman was revealed as a member of the Young Nationals.

In fact, even Newman's order of the NGR's, which fail to meet disability legislation, is pretty dodgy as well.

As for the Modbury Hospital, in 1995 the Liberals outsourced the operation to the Modbury Hospital to Healthscope. What followed was years of issues and problems, which Modbury arguably still hasn't recovered from.

Challenge accepted

Can see you guys not having much spare time to post about football anymore.

YMs2Th.jpg

*they're :)

That image must have been made by a Bigfooty poster.

Bignell officially wins Mawson.

So in the wash up, factoring in the redistribution, the only seat the Libs actually won was King, and they lost Mawson (and nearly lost Adelaide).

Last edited:
I’d be interested in the AMA’s opinion about it - nurses are saying the opposite to what the Libs are saying.

As for the new health minister - of course he’s going to make a bigger mountain out of it. His party was against the building of the hospital.

Also, if the costs run into millions to fix it (and if that’s the true case, that’s a pretty big stuff up from the previous government), that wouldn’t be anywhere near the disaster of State Bank, which was more than millions.

Last edited:
And you make it sound they are as pure as the driven snow....

In reality all Political Parties are as pure as the driven slush.

So many individuals from all Political persuasions start out with good intentions but end up as just another cog in the party machine, some more so than others.

I’ve never said Labor are angels.

Your middle statement sums it up perfectly to be honest.

Bignell officially wins Mawson.

So in the wash up, factoring in the redistribution, the only seat the Libs actually won was King, and they lost Mawson (and nearly lost Adelaide).
To be fair, Labor won two elections based on some very favourable boundaries.

I find it a bit rich that they are trying to claim some morale win, they lost the 2PP and their primary vote fell again.

The Libs had to contend with a 3rd party which was largely focused on stealing Libs primaries.

In the end the Libs have a majority and form government.

Going by today's news Labor has left some nice surprises for it to cut it's teeth on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back