Play Nice Politics #3 - Covideo killed the radio star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you’ve got the courage to quote me today. My calling out your tactics seems to have worked.

So how elitist are you? Now trying to throw insults at check out chicks.

And if you really do think it’s an insult, how s**t are you given I make you look so foolish so often? Remember how foolish you were supporting Bills tactics on his climate policy?

Now you still cheering for a recession today to win an internet argument? Poor form and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I’ve heard many times that Labor were able to get a lot of legislation through, so they could govern just not stuff you hold the Libs to account for.

Nah, thought it was time to call out some of the crap you espouse.

Yes the ALP did get heaps of legislation thru and it is well documented.

Do tell what significant social and financial achievements the Coalition has achieved in the past 6 years?

Never ashamed of myself - you should be as you can’t see this country is being driven into the ground by right wing ideology.

How dumb are you? Reckon on a scale of 1-10 about an 11.

Go give Bicks company.

Will leave you in peace now.

Nah, thought it was time to call out some of the crap you espouse.

Yes the ALP did get heaps of legislation thru and it is well documented.

Do tell what significant social and financial achievements the Coalition has achieved in the past 6 years?

Never ashamed of myself - you should be as you can’t see this country is being driven into the ground by right wing ideology.

How dumb are you? Reckon on a scale of 1-10 about an 11.

Go give Bicks company.

Will leave you in peace now.
Mate you want a recession to win an internet argument, you should slap yourself.

Mate you want a recession to win an internet argument, you should slap yourself.

No I don’t, it will hurt me and others but if you could take the blinkers off for just one moment and see this useless government is doing * all to address the situation. It is solely relying on the RBA and doing nothing itself in its quest for a surplus. Why? So it can brag about it getting back into surplus. WTF!

If it occurs, recession, then it will all on them. No ifs, no buts. They will own it.

No I don’t, it will hurt me and others but if you could take the blinkers off for just one moment and see this useless government is doing fu** all to address the situation. It is solely relying on the RBA and doing nothing itself in its quest for a surplus. Why? So it can brag about it getting back into surplus. WTF!

If it occurs, recession, then it will all on them. No ifs, no buts. They will own it.
“Ah well, bring it on so they can own it”

Bring it on? That’s the words you use when you don’t want something to occur?

And this is the second time you’ve used similar words

Just pasting this here since they seem to have missed it (even though I tagged them in - perhaps they've been busy)

Elite Crow and Bicks, I'm just curious to know, what would it take for you to stop supporting the Libs/ right? Is there any point at which you'd stop supporting them, or even if they caused armageddon itself would you still keep supporting them and the ideology?

(Suspecting that you'll find ways to avoid answering this but thought I'd ask anyway)

Just wondering 1970 / Elite / Bicks - if the Libs reneg on the surplus and, say, just maintain small deficits, are you guys going to denounce this?

Also just interested in your thoughts on the current strategy of the rightwing in the US to increase deficits.

To the leftists*, can you tell me your positions on nuclear, population and gender.

The reason I ask is to see how we compare to the "caricatured" left of the right media.

*anyone left of Elite

Just pasting this here since they seem to have missed it (even though I tagged them in - perhaps they've been busy)

Elite Crow and Bicks, I'm just curious to know, what would it take for you to stop supporting the Libs/ right? Is there any point at which you'd stop supporting them, or even if they caused armageddon itself would you still keep supporting them and the ideology?

(Suspecting that you'll find ways to avoid answering this but thought I'd ask anyway)
When Labor changed their ideology, when they stopped being beholden to dodgy corrupt Union officials, when they stop targeting aspirational Australians and when they could explain their climate policies better than someone giving up Big Macs then maybe I’d consider them.

Until that happens I’d always support the Libs as there is no alternative.

Oh and I did vote for Hawke.

I can play this game too, to the lefties, if your parties were going to introduce an uncosted climate policy that your leader could only compare it to someone giving up 10 Big Macs a day would you still vote for them?

What about if they were influenced by dodgy Union bosses you tried to expel but they wouldn’t let you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Ah well, bring it on so they can own it”

Bring it on? That’s the words you use when you don’t want something to occur?

And this is the second time you’ve used similar words

Well if that is what it takes before they do anything then yes, unfortunately, bring it on. All the economic stats suggest it is on its way to happening, what can't you see? And how would you respond to that challenge? Do nothing except tax cuts? Your blindness to the ideology is breathtaking.

I can play this game too, to the lefties, if your parties were going to introduce an uncosted climate policy that your leader could only compare it to someone giving up 10 Big Macs a day would you still vote for them?

What about if they were influenced by dodgy Union bosses you tried to expel but they wouldn’t let you?

It is an irrelevant question, we ain't in power!

Secondly, by all means bring up red herrings like unions but hey if that keeps you snug and warm then you keep holding that teddy bear.

Thats all you got?

No solutions?

Nothing, zero, zilch, * all, donut.

When Labor changed their ideology, when they stopped being beholden to dodgy corrupt Union officials, when they stop targeting aspirational Australians and when they could explain their climate policies better than someone giving up Big Macs then maybe I’d consider them.

Sure you did vote for Hawke. Pull the other one.

They ain't beholden to unions or perhaps your lot are beholden to the IPA.

Well if that is what it takes before they do anything then yes, unfortunately, bring it on. All the economic stats suggest it is on its way to happening, what can't you see? And how would you respond to that challenge? Do nothing except tax cuts? Your blindness to the ideology is breathtaking.
If that’s what it takes for what? If we don’t have a recession bring on a recession so they can do something to stop the recession?

Your explanation makes no sense at all.

You cant worm your way out of it, you want a recession to be brought on so you can say “see my side of politics is right, Libs suck you were wrong”

It is an irrelevant question, we ain't in power!

Secondly, by all means bring up red herrings like unions but hey if that keeps you snug and warm then you keep holding that teddy bear.

Thats all you got?

No solutions?

Nothing, zero, zilch, fu** all, donut.
That’s an irrelevant response. We are talking hypotheticals but we know the answer already don’t we ;)

Sure you did vote for Hawke. Pull the other one.

They ain't beholden to unions or perhaps your lot are beholden to the IPA.
I know you are gullible and have been burnt many times, but yes I did vote for Hawke.

Yeah the Unions have no influence over Labor, I revert back to my first comment, I know you are gullible.

Some interesting logic at work here. So no matter if after 9 years of Liberals, if the unemployment was say 8%, if economic growth had averaged less than 0.5% (i.e terrible) then you will still keep voting the libs in?

What if it was 10% unemployment and -0.5% growth, you still voting for them?

What if it was 30% and -5%?

What is labor's ideology that is the issue? What effect do you think these union officials have? How are they targeting aspirational Australians (actually this reminds me of another question I have I'll post it below)?

You say their costings were an issue, but what if the budgeting going forward for the liberals, ie the forecast surpluses doesn't eventuate, will you start to abstain from voting, considering both parties should be off limits then?

Bicks, you going to comment or just keep liking elite's posts?

EDIT: oops forgot to answer that second quote
I would not vote for labor if they were announcing they'd do dumber economic stuff than the coalition, so in this last election it was a pretty close call, they were both promising surpluses and in fact labor I think wouldve promised a larger surplus and prolly delivered it. Labor was saved though by 3 things, addressing inequality, housing stupidity and being more likely to react sensibly to a recession. That said I had labor well, well down my list in the senate voting and mid table in HOR voting.

So to answer your question, they're very nearly not being voted for by me, they've nearly crossed my threshold. I wish (and am trying to help create) there was another decent left party to vote for.

Union bosses do not bother me. They make a pissant amount of difference and the overall effect of the unions is still positive.

I'm not concerned about the climate stuff because, as I've been over, its more expensive to delay.

Last edited:
Everyone, social mobility has decreased. This is obviously a harmful thing to our society. What do you think you could say in defense of your preferred party in term so of what they are doing to increase social mobility?

I know you are gullible and have been burnt many times, but yes I did vote for Hawke.

Yeah the Unions have no influence over Labor, I revert back to my first comment, I know you are gullible.

The unions no longer have the influence over the ALP they once had - if they did perhaps you should speak to the CMFEU. You actually do understand the origins of the ALP, don’t you?

Perhaps you could look into what influence the IPA has on the Liberals and their philosophy and ideology. That might be more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back