Play Nice Politics #3 - Covideo killed the radio star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll leave it to the mathematical geniuses/genii on here but there are approximately 7.7 Billion people walking around on the planet today of which Australians make up approx 25 Million of that total which equates to approximately 0.33% of the World's population. We are but a piss in the ocean.

I will be interested to know how they intend to cut our emissions if they are pushing a population of 36 million in the next 20 years. An extra 11 million people than we have now yet our emissions are somehow going to magically drop.

I'm not aware anyone is saying that, what most are saying is it's not only climate change that is the reason for more intense fires. Only ones really saying it's all down to climate change are the Greens and their followers. That firefighter most certainly didn't say that in the article either.
Then I don't know what everyone has been arguing about. We can all agree that there's more than 1 factor contributing to this.

Didn’t want to vote informal but just totally disillusioned where this country is going. I travel regularly overseas and we have become what I would consider a lazy country. We are no longer as innovative as we were 30-40:years ago and we believe we are entitled. We have politicians, on all sides who are only interested in the short term, no long term strategic planning. No visionaries!

Am looking to do the following in a couple of years with another couple, buying a small acreage in the Adelaide Hills, building a property which is energy self-efficient (solar panels with battery storage) and becoming self sufficient growing own vegetables and fruit, own farmyard (ducks, sheep, chickens, pigs, dairy cow, goats). Already have a beehive in my backyard (mate is a beekeeper) and took the first honey this year. Early planning is underway.

So you are really concerned about the environment and yet you still regularly travel overseas in one of those gas guzzling big silver thingies.

Hmmm

So you are really concerned about the environment and yet you still regularly travel overseas in one of those gas guzzling big silver thingies.

Hmmm

Again, you level of lack of intelligence is outstanding. Actually educate yourself a bit more.

You actually realise how insular most of the Australian population is. One thing I realised that most Adelaide drivers wouldn’t last 5 minutes in their traffic.

Last edited:
I still can’t get my head around how someone can spend at least 3 months on here arguing strongly for a political party and it’s policies, even to go far as defending Shortens bungled handling of climate policy questions as good strategy and then not vote for them.

How could we possibly take anything you post kirky seriously? Do we even now doubt whether you were a banker with a $40k wine collection who travels the world? When you said you were in Spain were you really in Wallaroo drinking cask wine?

I still can’t get my head around how someone can spend at least 3 months on here arguing strongly for a political party and it’s policies, even to go far as defending Shortens bungled handling of climate policy questions as good strategy and then not vote for them.

How could we possibly take anything you post kirky seriously? Do we even now doubt whether you were a banker with a $40k wine collection who travels the world? When you said you were in Spain were you really in Wallaroo drinking cask wine?

Perhaps you could start by asking my insurance company (my wine is insured) and perhaps Spanish Border Security (passport stamps of entering the EU).

Such sad individuals.

Perhaps you could start by asking my insurance company (my wine is insured) and perhaps Spanish Border Security (passport stamps of entering the EU).

Such sad individuals.
Actually I’m now wondering if you are even a Crows supporter. How can we trust anything you say? You are obviously a man of no integrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50+ years ago....Not even the utterance of climate change. Cause : lack of rain.

Seotember? No, it couldn’t be, the season starts earlier only now due to recent climate change. I guess that’s a Murdoch publication and pure fantasy.

Then I don't know what everyone has been arguing about. We can all agree that there's more than 1 factor contributing to this.

Then why just blame climate change, bushfires are inevitable in this country. It’s policy that is increasing the intensity and damage. People aren’t allowed to clear their own property to minimise the likelihood of losing their own house when fire inevitably finds its way to their door. Now it’s just entire towns being engulfed. You have to be a simpleton to even start at climate change when discussing bush fires.

Global warming doesn’t directly cause natural disasters such as bush fires or hurricanes but it does increase the frequency and severity of them over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then why just blame climate change, bushfires are inevitable in this country. It’s policy that is increasing the intensity and damage. People aren’t allowed to clear their own property to minimise the likelihood of losing their own house when fire inevitably finds its way to their door. Now it’s just entire towns being engulfed. You have to be a simpleton to even start at climate change when discussing bush fires.
We're not. The greens did.

It's still an important factor.

Again, you level of lack of intelligence is outstanding. Actually educate yourself a bit more.

You actually realise how insular most of the Australian population is. One thing I realised that most Adelaide drivers wouldn’t last 5 minutes in their traffic.

I'm still a bit unconvinced by the general idea that Adelaide drivers are a certain level of bad. Anecdotally, I've seen plenty of reckless and aggressive driving in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back