Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That stems from seeing your own club flounder like idiots while they steam roll us and skyrocket up the ladder.

Nah. They're thoroughly unlikable imo.

Robinson, Cameron, Zorko, Hipwood all have faces you could punch, plus Hodge.

I was glad to see them go out in straight sets.

I don't even know if it makes the top 3 most embarrassing games vs them.
What are the others? I know in the game that Rozee dominated we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Oh and there was a game at the Gabba a few years back where the whole team was flat for the whole game.

What are the others? I know in the game that Rozee dominated we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Well, the ten goal first quarter in 2009 and the 'Port are making Brisbane look like an under 12 side' game in 2008 are definite locks, leaving one spot open.

Well, the ten goal first quarter in 2009 and the 'Port are making Brisbane look like an under 12 side' game in 2008 are definite locks, leaving one spot open.

2011 at the Gabba - up by 20, lose by 11. Goalless last quarter (lol) Schulz kicked 7.

2015 at the Gabba was awful too. Brisbane were one of the worst teams in history. We were worse.

FFS RossFC and edgie you've now made me remember that 50 point last quarter comeback at Footy Park.

Except head to head they weren't.

They were lucky to have home finals vs us in September conditions, in regular home and away we had their measure and would have had them at home finals or MCG across 2002 - 2003 as well.

But as a whole, yes, they did what we couldn't.

I agree with your post, it was lucky for them to have home finals vs us. But it certainly wasn't unlucky for us to be in that position - we squandered our home finals in both seasons.

Stability Breeds Success. The Boys Will Think About That Loss, And Go "Yeah, That Stings in The Belly." And it Motivates them. That's How Sports works.

- Kochfucius

Am i the only one that still can't stand the Lions.
I'm just jealous of them .. as I am of Richmond, Bulldogs ect .. that were all absolute rabbles and basketcases when we were just hitting our straps in 2014 and then fell apart, whilst they won flags and now one looks ripe for contention again this year, whilst we dwindle away with the same plonk in charge of this mess ,wasting away our elite players careers

I'm just jealous of them .. as I am of Richmond, Bulldogs ect .. that were all absolute rabbles and basketcases when we were just hitting our straps in 2014 and then fell apart, whilst they won flags and now one looks ripe for contention again this year, whilst we dwindle away with the same plonk in charge of this mess ,wasting away our elite players careers
i can see why you are jealous of Richmond, they've won 2 flags in last 3 seasons, and Bulldogs also had the planets align for them in 2016 to snatch a flag.

But Brisbane have won 1 final since the 2004 GF. Yeah their future looks bright but lets not get carried away here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS RossFC and edgie you've now made me remember that 50 point last quarter comeback at Footy Park.
That game. First year back in Adelaide after 2001-2007 in Melbourne and at the Footy with wife and kids 3 and 1. I remember we're changing youngest in the crappy facilities there and get back a few minutes into the last quarter and it's a WTF? moment. In the absolutely pissing down rain. I wasn't getting any love that night for dragging everyone along. 2013/2014 aside it's been an almost continual cluster*. Down to only the eldest goes to the footy with me now and that's only really for getting out and having a meal in the city before or after. Even that won't be all games this year with his social life. Next year likely back to just me alone. Port provided almost 0 reason for my boys to have any reasons to attach themselves as fans during the formative footy supporting years. And now I"m depressed and angry at Port again. :huh:

Meh the bullflogs flag will always have an asterisk. Least deserving premiership in AFL history.

Meh the bullflogs flag will always have an asterisk. Least deserving premiership in AFL history.
Second least deserving after Geelong's 'Dank Lite' in 2007 IMO. At least some people will admit the Bulldogs got some help. Geelong has enough swept under the carpet to fill a warehouse. The AFL never wanted Essendon to be investigated, we'll never get the truth outside a death bed confession on Geelong.

The Bulldogs flag was rightly ridiculed by impartial fans at the time, but did their fans care then or now? If it'd been us armchaired to a Premiership anytime from 2005 onwards I wouldn't give a s**t. Even now less than 5 years later lots just say the Bulldogs won the flag in 2016 and have forgotten their assistance. The record books don't care. I just want a flag.

Get em before they can even sign up for an e-membership...

Next they’ll copy the Mormons and start doing post-mortem memberships

“Julius Caesar, Fremantle member since 100BC”

I agree with your post, it was lucky for them to have home finals vs us. But it certainly wasn't unlucky for us to be in that position - we squandered our home finals in both seasons.
Only in 2002.

In 2001, Brisbane were above us on the ladder and earned their home final by having the better record.

In 2003 we never faced Brisbane in the finals we blew it against Sydney and Collingwood.

Only in 2002.

In 2001, Brisbane were above us on the ladder and earned their home final by having the better record.

In 2003 we never faced Brisbane in the finals we blew it against Sydney and Collingwood.

Yeah only talking about 2002-2003.

2003 still applies. They were still lucky to not face us at AAMI or the MCG. We squandered our chance against Sydney, which put us in to a prelim away against Collingwood. Had we beaten Sydney at home, we go straight through to a prelim at home vs Brisbane. Again, we weren't unlucky, we blew it against the Swans.

2011 at the Gabba - up by 20, lose by 11. Goalless last quarter (lol) Schulz kicked 7.

2015 at the Gabba was awful too. Brisbane were one of the worst teams in history. We were worse.

Was that the game where Andrew Moore was on the cusp of breaking out, til Primus subbed him for known impact player Kane Cornes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4mins left in the 3rd quarter we are up 97 to 50.

Lose the game 104 to 124.
hashtag just port things

Post game analysis woulda been the great effort we put in to only lose by 20 points too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back