Prediction Possible pick swaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why anyone would be happy to help out GWS when it effectively removes another quality player off the draft board....

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well, we get to move one spot higher so its helps us as well and Green is off the draft board anyway - he's going to GWS...

Question - if For example Adelaide bid on Green at 4, does GWS have the ability to trade its pick 6 in the two minute decision window before electing to match the bid, or are they locked into the picks they have at that time?

We’ve already rejected that offer.
Yep. Actually think thats a great move. Tim Young is one of the best junior kicks ive seen. If I was Melbourne Id be looking to get Young and then trade with Geelong in live trading to get 14 and 24 for 8 so that they can get Jackson perhaps with a late future pick also going to geelong. With 14 you could pick up Gould im pretty sure. That would give you two of the best three kicks in the draft. Young will play mid before too long as well. Pick 24 could then be used on one of the better small forward prospects as there is likely to be a few quality small forwards still available at that pick. Its only a minor detail but if Melbounre did trade with GWS for pick 3 then their pick 8 becomes 9.

Lions have ended up with a bucketload of pick for this draft and are unlikely to use them all. Will likely use 16 and 21 then clean out the midrange picks 34, 48, 52, 55 for futures, hold a late pick 75? for an academy player and an even later one to upgrade OMac. What club's would be keen on those pics (34,48,52,55)? St Kilda or West Coast perhaps?

The pick trades aren't for Green.

They're for a player AND Green. That's the whole point.

Green was always going to cost them 12 and 18 in points. If they can trade those and a pick in the late teens or early 20s and get another top 4 level talent, that seems a no brainer.
I cant see Melbourne agreeing to trade with GWS for pick 3.I think GWS will mpve back down the draft to match bids and then trade back in after the green bid is matched. Something like before the draft trade with freo to get pick 6 for pick 10 and a future freo second. Then trade with Geelong for pick 17 and 24. Trade 24 for a future second with Essendon and later 2019 pick that has points value. Match the bids for Green at pick 3 or 4 in the draft using 17 and other 2019 picks. They could then use three future second rounders for Adelaide pick 23 and 28 in live trading when pick 23 comes up. Adelaide have four probable academy/father son selections so they need the picks for points in 2020.

Yep. Actually think thats a great move. Tim Young is one of the best junior kicks ive seen. If I was Melbourne Id be looking to get Young and then trade with Geelong in live trading to get 14 and 24 for 8 so that they can get Jackson perhaps with a late future pick also going to geelong. With 14 you could pick up Gould im pretty sure. That would give you two of the best three kicks in the draft. Young will play mid before too long as well. Pick 24 could then be used on one of the better small forward prospects as there is likely to be a few quality small forwards still available at that pick. Its only a minor detail but if Melbounre did trade with GWS for pick 3 then their pick 8 becomes 9.
Wait - who's Tim Young??

Wait - who's Tim Young??
The twin brother of Hayden Young. Plays the exact same way as Hayden. One of the best junior kicks ive seen and a great player to get at pick 3. Gould and Young would be a great combo for Melborne to get.

I cant see Melbourne agreeing to trade with GWS for pick 3.I think GWS will mpve back down the draft to match bids and then trade back in after the green bid is matched. Something like before the draft trade with freo to get pick 6 for pick 10 and a future freo second. Then trade with Geelong for pick 17 and 24. Trade 24 for a future second with Essendon and later 2019 pick that has points value. Match the bids for Green at pick 3 or 4 in the draft using 17 and other 2019 picks. They could then use three future second rounders for Adelaide pick 23 and 28 in live trading when pick 23 comes up. Adelaide have four probable academy/father son selections so they need the picks for points in 2020.

This seems insanely complex to try and do via live trading.

And the Crows only have two academy/father son selections next year. We traded for some future selections already. We desperately need our 2019 selections to start our rebuild NOW.

The twin brother of Hayden Young. Plays the exact same way as Hayden. One of the best junior kicks ive seen and a great player to get at pick 3. Gould and Young would be a great combo for Melborne to get.
... so you're saying they'll draft Hayden Young?

Because who the * is Tim?

This seems insanely complex to try and do via live trading.

And the Crows only have two academy/father son selections next year. We traded for some future selections already. We desperately need our 2019 selections to start our rebuild NOW.
I got told you had 4 from an Adelaide fan in the trade thread. If thats the case then GWS just tries to get back into the draft with best players they can get using the second rounders in live trading.

I can’t get my head around why Melbourne would entertain pick 3 for 6 and a future first likely to be in the early 20s, at the same time potentially missing out on their preferred choice at 3.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah you would hope they have learned from when they traded down and missed josh Kelly they should take the pick to the draft take best available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question - if For example Adelaide bid on Green at 4, does GWS have the ability to trade its pick 6 in the two minute decision window before electing to match the bid, or are they locked into the picks they have at that time?
Great question. I suspect the AFL will make a rule up on the spot for this ine to help child #2.

The the answer is probably no at this point, but the rule will be changed in those 2 minutes

I can’t get my head around why Melbourne would entertain pick 3 for 6 and a future first likely to be in the early 20s, at the same time potentially missing out on their preferred choice at 3.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think the Giants managed to get the collateral required during the trade period for that additional pick needed

That wasnt the offer.

"There have been offers made for it, but at the moment we haven't had anything that's satisfied us," Melbourne footy boss Josh Mahoney said on Wednesday.
"Have we been offered two first-round picks for it? No."

That’s interesting.

Dees have seemed convinced otherwise. Dees fans, what is this based off?

I rated GWS Emma Quayle, think she will come out with something different from what suggested here.

In 2016 everyone said we were after McGrath. It's now well known that Taranto was the target and after the series of trades to secure that pick this year has a similar feel. The result wont be known for a while yet but the current draft team have had few misses.

Not 100% sure but i would imagine once the bid comes in and you trade your available pick that would be deemed as declining the match as you then have the next pick.

By GWS trading up to pick 6 it has made it far easier to trade on draft day. It may cost them a few points but in one move they can now get out of the draft, use junk picks to pay for green and then work to trade back into the 2019 draft.

Maybe the following:
ADE: Future 1st + 45
GWS: Pick 6

GWS then look to trade into the 2019 1st round after bidding with Freo at pick 10 who avoid a Henry bid. After the Henry bid FREO could trade back in with Geelong.

By GWS trading up to pick 6 it has made it far easier to trade on draft day. It may cost them a few points but in one move they can now get out of the draft, use junk picks to pay for green and then work to trade back into the 2019 draft.

Maybe the following:
ADE: Future 1st + 45
GWS: Pick 6

GWS then look to trade into the 2019 1st round after bidding with Freo at pick 10 who avoid a Henry bid. After the Henry bid FREO could trade back in with Geelong.
Maybe I'm being naive, but as a Crows supporter I'd happily do that.

How about;

Crows Give - Pick 4 + Pick 37
GC Give - Pick 15, Pick 20, Pick 11(2020 draft)

Crows get 2 picks to play with this year + add another early pick next season

GC get access to another top liner to match up with Rowell+Anderson

Crows new hand is:
2019: 15, 20, 23, 28, 45, 49
2020: 3, 11, 21, 30, 55, 57, 60
(based on predicted ladder finish 16th)

Hmmmmm Maybe not,

How about;

Crows Give - Pick 4 + Pick 37
GC Give - Pick 15, Pick 20, Pick 11(2020 draft)

Crows get 2 picks to play with this year + add another early pick next season

GC get access to another top liner to match up with Rowell+Anderson

Crows new hand is:
2019: 15, 20, 23, 28, 45, 49
2020: 3, 11, 21, 30, 55, 57, 60
(based on predicted ladder finish 16th)

Hmmmmm Maybe not,
If Adelaide have pick 15, 20 and future pick 11 will you do the deal for pick 4 from Suns. If I'm wearing Adelaide hat I said no.

Lions have ended up with a bucketload of pick for this draft and are unlikely to use them all. Will likely use 16 and 21 then clean out the midrange picks 34, 48, 52, 55 for futures, hold a late pick 75? for an academy player and an even later one to upgrade OMac. What club's would be keen on those pics (34,48,52,55)? St Kilda or West Coast perhaps?
Richmond in a similar position.
Pick 19 , then 3 picks around 40, then pick 56 then 70-odd.
It depends on how many 'live' picks we plan on using. If only 3, then I could see us offering pick 56 + 2 of ~40 for Freo's pick 22, which they would otherwise use on Liam Henry points. We could afford to be generous to make it a win-win.
Otherwise it looks like trading 56 & ~40 for future picks to a club like Saints, West Coast, Melbourne or Collingwood who would find them handy this year.
Brisbane & Adelaide having a similar range of picks to Richmond and may have similar strategies, but depends on how many picks each club wants to use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back