B Section Premier B - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win by OI.

Weirdest ground in the VAFA.

Kids stood up.

Beauy ran out of steam. Lots of injuries. Will be solid at the end of the year.
Hoers travelling very well Max. Never easy to win at Banksia. Just trying to unpack the 'weirdest ground in the VAFA' comment. IMO many worse and weirder grounds than this one. Good size and decent facilities, albeit the Sharks crowd can be a bit parochial.

DLS once gain played one scintillating quarter of football but that won't do against the better teams. As you might expect with a young group the gap between our best and worst is immense. On the whole, based on who we have played I think we have shown enough to suggest we will be thereabouts.

Hoers travelling very well Max. Never easy to win at Banksia. Just trying to unpack the 'weirdest ground in the VAFA' comment. IMO many worse and weirder grounds than this one. Good size and decent facilities, albeit the Sharks crowd can be a bit parochial.

DLS once gain played one scintillating quarter of football but that won't do against the better teams. As you might expect with a young group the gap between our best and worst is immense. On the whole, based on who we have played I think we have shown enough to suggest we will be thereabouts.
I wonder how many dog holes , it's shocking in cricket season and the council supplies sand on the side to fill them in !

I wonder how many dog holes , it's shocking in cricket season and the council supplies sand on the side to fill them in !
Yes the playing surface cops a belting as they have about 40 junior teams. Would not get much respite during footy season but have seen worse.

Truth, some of the facilities some councils provide are a disgrace .
If you didn't know we have 22 players coaches and officials trying to fit into shoe boxes and the umps rooms are worse and that includes my club .
You didn't even reply to my last post about Manningham when i praised it , so just troll when you want .

Truth, some of the facilities some councils provide are a disgrace .
If you didn't know we have 22 players coaches and officials trying to fit into shoe boxes and the umps rooms are worse and that includes my club .
You didn't even reply to my last post about Manningham when i praised it , so just troll when you want .
My comment was directed to you bagging clubs away rooms, grounds, etc. Today you have bagged Beaumaris Ground. As mentioned home ground advantage is exactly that, unfortunately it is impossible to upgrade all grounds and facilities so all clubs have to live with it.

I’m glad you have found manningham satisfying

The ground is as wide as it is long.
The goals aren’t adjacent.
45 metre arcs.
The centre was marked in the middle. Great move by Mr. Line Marker. But it left the boundary some 75 metres on one side and 50 metres on the other.
The surface is showing signs of the incredible amount of football that is played in it.
Great facilities. Maybe my council could have a look at it.

My comment was directed to you bagging clubs away rooms, grounds, etc. Today you have bagged Beaumaris Ground. As mentioned home ground advantage is exactly that, unfortunately it is impossible to upgrade all grounds and facilities so all clubs have to live with it.

Where is your preference as a club? At least he puts in . It’s fair comments about other clubs .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm glad your happy , do you ever add anything . It's an honest assessment , our club has ordinary away rooms and ump rooms . Where are you ffs

How do we fix this JJ? Dropping two games at Dairy Bell this early in the season is not what the blue and gold faithful are used too.

Agree that De La will be thereabouts, but a huge test this week out at Pine Lodge. If memory serves (long time since we were last out there), not a happy hunting ground for the boys in Blue and Gold.

How do we fix this JJ? Dropping two games at Dairy Bell this early in the season is not what the blue and gold faithful are used too.

Agree that De La will be thereabouts, but a huge test this week out at Pine Lodge. If memory serves (long time since we were last out there), not a happy hunting ground for the boys in Blue and Gold.
Ask Dr Mannix and Mr Corin. I believe they were still playing when we last played each other.

Our grounds are similar lengths, but widths are a lot different.

I know our record at the Bell is ok, especially after last years 2nd Semi👏👏👏.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ground is as wide as it is long.
The goals aren’t adjacent.
45 metre arcs.
The centre was marked in the middle. Great move by Mr. Line Marker. But it left the boundary some 75 metres on one side and 50 metres on the other.
The surface is showing signs of the incredible amount of football that is played in it.
Great facilities. Maybe my council could have a look at it.

I remember when I lived in Melbourne that the goals at Pascoe Vale didn't line up. The set of posts at one end would distinctly be in the other end's forward pocket. I notice that Google Maps is showing them to be correctly aligned nowadays.

I remember when I lived in Melbourne that the goals at Pascoe Vale didn't line up. The set of posts at one end would distinctly be in the other end's forward pocket. I notice that Google Maps is showing them to be correctly aligned nowadays.

Quite simply you cannot get away with playing one quarter against good opposition. Exciting young group who will get better the more they play together but obviously need consistency of effort across the entire game. If memory serves the last trip to Pine Lodge was 2009? We have never fared well at the lodge.

Like Prem A this looks to be a very even grade. 5 rounds in and the early premiership favourites are 8th but still well and truly in the hunt. Both the promoted and relegated teams are competing well with OI sitting top on percentage. Unfortunately the bottom two would appear to be well entrenched there even this early in the season.

Great win by OI.

Weirdest ground in the VAFA.

Kids stood up.

Beauy ran out of steam. Lots of injuries. Will be solid at the end of the year.
The Facilities at Beaumaris Oak St are excellent, just stuck in the forward pocket as the Tennis Club shares the building instead of being situated on the wing , the ground is huge but unfortunately has training and games plus Auskick 7 days a week and when the surface was redone 10 years ago the budget was too small to be done properly like Hampton Rovers and East Brighton got, hardly the weirdest ground in the Comp though

The Facilities at Beaumaris Oak St are excellent, just stuck in the forward pocket as the Tennis Club shares the building instead of being situated on the wing , the ground is huge but unfortunately has training and games plus Auskick 7 days a week and when the surface was redone 10 years ago the budget was too small to be done properly like Hampton Rovers and East Brighton got, hardly the weirdest ground in the Comp though
Envious of the facilities, but the ground itself is weird. But there are goal and behind posts at each end, so will be happy to play on any ground with the 4 sticks at either end.

Picks for the week.

Just in case.

OI
OC
OH
OT
Beauy

Old Haileybury v Caulfield - The Bloods should win in Jim Paul's 200th.
Old Ivanhoe v De La Salle - Home ground advantage to be the difference in the game of the round.
Old Trinity v Old Geelong - Both are used to big grounds. OT just.
St Bedes Mentone v Old Camberwell - Wellers should get this done.
Williamstown v Beaumaris - Tipping an upset.

Old Haileybury v Caulfield - The Bloods should win in Jim Paul's 200th.
Old Ivanhoe v De La Salle - Home ground advantage to be the difference in the game of the round.
Old Trinity v Old Geelong - Both are used to big grounds. OT just.
St Bedes Mentone v Old Camberwell - Wellers should get this done.
Williamstown v Beaumaris - Tipping an upset.
why williamstown? they were pretty ordinary when i watched them last week

why williamstown? they were pretty ordinary when i watched them last week

I thought they had a dip and still believe in the cause. They all came upstairs post game and look very united.

It is a tough place to travel too and we are now into the cold and wet of the year.

It would be a big upset, but Beauy are also a younger team and I don't think it is out of the question. Saying that the Shark could win by 10 goals and make me look like a goose.

I thought they had a dip and still believe in the cause. They all came upstairs post game and look very united.

It is a tough place to travel too and we are now into the cold and wet of the year.

It would be a big upset, but Beauy are also a younger team and I don't think it is out of the question. Saying that the Shark could win by 10 goals and make me look like a goose.
Nice roughy Keano

Extraordinary B grade competion so far this year. Positions 1 to 6 separated only by %. 7th placed Trinity one game off top spot!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back