Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back at it tomorrow.

Wearing a long sleeved top, given my sunburn is still uncomfortable. I need to be like Noble, be sun conscious and wear something underneath lol
Yeah Jen I spent my summers as a child on the beach when we lived a 2 minute walk away.

I now have to wear long sleeves all the time and use 50+ year round.

Sunlight = great.

Sunbathing = danger.

Yeah Jen I spent my summers as a child on the beach when we lived a 2 minute walk away.

I now have to wear long sleeves all the time and use 50+ year round.

Sunlight = great.

Sunbathing = danger.
Yeah, I've got so fair skin that even a small amount of sun is danger for me. Friday? Was what, 21 degrees? Must have been the UV rays, but since I struggle to sleep on my back, as its burned from the back, to the shoulders. Haven't had it this bad in a while.

I went to south Wharf to find something for sun protection, but didn't find anything. Ive got a black long sleeved top here, so I'll try that. I've been using Aloe vera, but it hasn't improved a great deal yet. So long sleeve, cap, glasses tomorrrow.

And they dont let you go undercover, they have gated it off.

From friday. Its not as red but still sore and warm to the touch.

Yeah, I've got so fair skin that even a small amount of sun is danger for me. Friday? Was what, 21 degrees? Must have been the UV rays, but since I struggle to sleep on my back, as its burned from the back, to the shoulders. Haven't had it this bad in a while.

I went to south Wharf to find something for sun protection, but didn't find anything. Ive got a black long sleeved top here, so I'll try that. I've been losing Aloe vera, but it hasn't improved a great deal yet. So long sleeve, cap, glasses tomorrrow.

This is a real issue with the HC
Sunny - fans fry
Rain - fans drenched
Please give us some covered areas
I'd really like them to develop multiple viewing areas / better stands around the ground as well

It's just so much much more fun / enjoyable at VP

Sunny - fans fry
Rain - fans drenched
I'd really like them to develop multiple viewing areas / better stands around the ground as well

100%
It's not a fan friendly place to watch footy. And you cant see on the opposite side of the ground. How hard is it to put up some kind of shelter on the aami park side, or more near the cafe, which is currently closed.

I went to south Wharf to find something for sun protection, but didn't find anything. Ive got a black long sleeved top here, so I'll try that. I've been losing Aloe vera, but it hasn't improved a great deal yet. So long sleeve, cap, glasses tomorrrow.

Amen Jen you can burn on an overcast day nowadays because the UV index is a lot higher than it used to be.

Suntan looks great but I have a collection of over 30 sunspots that I have to watch like a hawk now courtesy of those summers on the beach.

Amen Jen you can burn on an overcast day nowadays because the UV index is a lot higher than it used to be.

Suntan looks great but I have a collection of over 30 sunspots that I have to watch like a hawk now courtesy of those summers on the beach.
Every year on schedule, this happens to me. I need to start taking extra precautions.

My best mate in school was Irish born and had that milk white complexion with lots of orange freckles and matching hair.

He only had to hear a rumour about sunshine and his nose would start peeling lol.
Oh yeah, I can imagine. Ireland don't get much sun as it is, so no surprise a tint of sun and its like its 40 degrees lol

Ive got a bit of irish heritage, so may explain my fair skin

I went to country NSW over the weekend, just over the Murray. 30 on Friday and 26 on Saturday, spent hours outside in a singlet, mowing lawns, gardening and walking round town. Got a nice bit of colour on the shoulders and face, it'll start fading in 2 days.

Sunny - fans fry
Rain - fans drenched

100%
It's not a fan friendly place to watch footy. And you cant see on the opposite side of the ground. How hard is it to put up some kind of shelter on the aami park side, or more near the cafe, which is currently closed.

This year the club have been listening to the members and fans more than ever, plus we have a board election where we have 11 great candidates including SeanC and C Macdonald patiently listening to the feedback from members.

Maybe this is something that could be added to the list of things for consideration? …

… consider providing some sunshade at the ground for the folks who come to watch training. Even if it is just some shade cloth put up like they do for kid’s playgrounds. This has been suggested often ever since the Olympic Park Oval opened ( Vicky Park is one who I remember has mentioned this a few times before)

Also, do the club provide some SPF 50+ dispensers for fans to have access to at the ground? That’d seem like an easy but very helpful gensture.

(Of course, it’s the responsibility of individuals who come to the ground to take care of their own health and well-being, and none of this detracts from that. But as a member based organisation, there still could be some simple and inexpensive things that CFC could do to make Olympic Park more hospitable for those members and fans who make the effort to come to support our players at training?)

Out of interest Jen2310 , have you ever seen the club have reps from the membership team come out and mingle with the folks who come to watch training? (When the team travels interstate … whilst the membership folks aren’t really mingling with the members, they are around and about and if anybody does have a question or an issue about something there is generally a club rep around to chat with).

Have you seen any of the board candidates drop by training?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe this is something that could be added to the list of things for consideration? …

… consider providing some sunshade at the ground for the folks who come to watch training. Even if it is just some shade cloth put up like they do for kid’s playgrounds. This has been suggested often ever since the Olympic Park Oval opened

it has to be more than this, 76

the Club exists for the fans - watching at the HC has so many issues
as a professional sporting organisation, they need to resolve these problems

As Jen said, it’s so hard to see the action on the other side of the ground
We need better seating / viewing

A shade cloth (or few) isn’t enough
We need protection from both sun and rain

it has to be more than this, 76

the Club exists for the fans - watching at the HC has so many issues
as a professional sporting organisation, they need to resolve these problems

As Jen said, it’s so hard to see the action on the other side of the ground
We need better seating / viewing

A shade cloth (or few) isn’t enough
We need protection from both sun and rain

I was under the impression that they're not particularly keen on open training sessions - except for the occasional one. Can't stop them at HC, but unlikely to go out of their way to cater for and encourage them.

I was under the impression that they're not particularly keen on open training sessions - except for the occasional one. Can't stop them at HC, but unlikely to go out of their way to cater for and encourage them.
I guess - but they’ve shifted quite a number of our VFL games to the HC in the past few years so I think they have an obligation to improve the venue for spectators

confused-what.gif

Biting your tongue? I'm shocked!

giphy.gif

This year the club have been listening to the members and fans more than ever, plus we have a board election where we have 11 great candidates including SeanC and C Macdonald patiently listening to the feedback from members.

… consider providing some sunshade at the ground for the folks who come to watch training. Even if it is just some shade cloth put up like they do for kid’s playgrounds. This has been suggested often ever since the Olympic Park Oval opened ( Vicky Park is one who I remember has mentioned this a few times before)

Also, do the club provide some SPF 50+ dispensers for fans to have access to at the ground? That’d seem like an easy but very helpful gensture.

(Of course, it’s the responsibility of individuals who come to the ground to take care of their own health and well-being, and none of this detracts from that. But as a member based organisation, there still could be some simple and inexpensive things that CFC could do to make Olympic Park more hospitable for those members and fans who make the effort to come to support our players at training?)

Out of interest Jen2310 , have you ever seen the club have reps from the membership team come out and mingle with the folks who come to watch training? (When the team travels interstate … whilst the membership folks aren’t really mingling with the members, they are around and about and if anybody does have a question or an issue about something there is generally a club rep around to chat with).

Have you seen any of the board candidates drop by training?

No, can't say I've seen any of the board candidates at training, less alone mingle with fans. Earlier in the year you used to see other personnel like Taz and Licuria, but this early in the pre-season, not too many people come out, and less staff. Its mainly coaches/fitness staff and the media people out.
One of the coaches (maybe skipworth) did say hi to me the other day before the session started.

I guess - but they’ve shifted quite a number of our VFL games to the HC in the past few years so I think they have an obligation to improve the venue for spectators

How many people generally attend training?
If there's 30-40 or so, I can't see it being a priority.
As for VFL games, perhaps if games were fixtured there from the beginning of each season they would do it.

As for VFL games, perhaps if games were fixtured there from the beginning of each season they would do it.
Depends on the time of year. Pre-season very little 10-15 most. As the season moves on, sometimes more. Especially during school holdays. The most? 50?

Did I say something?

I meant by wearing a long sleeved top under my t-shirt lol
I don’t think you need to explain what you are wearing Jen. Keep the fantastic reports coming and avoid any of the innuendo.

Depends on the time of year. Pre-season very little 10-15 most. As the season moves on, sometimes more. Especially during school holdays. The most? 50?

Definitely not enough to build covered seating areas.
Which is a shame for you.

Thank you for your continued coverage, despite the exposure to the elements! Your reports are a highlight of the pre-season for sure.

The only reason they’d be against open training sessions is to and stay away from the prying eyes of the opposition scouts?

It’s the opposition scout’s job to be there. They’ll be there rain, hail or shine. Providing a little shelter (or not) or access to a SPF 50+ dispenser (or not) isn’t going to deter them in any way.

There’s a number of VFL games there each season
Even if they only have one VFL game there - I think they’re obligated to improve seating / viewing
I’m more than happy for the club to move all VFL games back to VP

further, if they’re going to run open trainings each year such as the one they’re having Friday, hundreds go, so I think upgrades would be appreciated then as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back