Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendles at halfback worries me. He is quite slow & poor overhead. Defensively he may get exposed. Admittedly he’s a great user & can be a weapon there. But questions will be asked of him throughout the year.

Pendles at halfback worries me. He is quite slow & poor overhead. Defensively he may get exposed. Admittedly he’s a great user & can be a weapon there. But questions will be asked of him throughout the year.

I agree with the slow and poor overhead rating on Pendles but if its out of him or say a Noble.....then I'm going with Pendles and expecting Moore, Howe and IQ to make up for Pendles age!

Just my opinion Jen, but I think that if Kelly can’t stick more marks / develop his contested marking he’ll end up in the backline as a tall shutdown defender

I agree with this. Also with Keane returning to Ireland there's a real need to develop the key defensive depth. Dean and Kelly offer some potential as understudies.

He'll be at worst as good as Noble defensively, but much better at organising those around him. Not too worried as long as Noble isn't back there with him

You're welcome. This is what brings me joy to know what I do helps others.

I had to lock my twitter account last night, as while I'm a pretty chilled person in general and don't let things affect me, but I don't need trolls abusing me for something I do for enjoyment.
Hi there, very much appreciate your fine work and dedication - pity there are those that can only see the the negative side of everything. I'm sure that the majority of those on this site have the utmost respect for your efforts to help us keep informed of the team's progress.

I agree with this. Also with Keane returning to Ireland there's a real need to develop the key defensive depth. Dean and Kelly offer some potential as understudies.
I'd like the club to give Kelly all the opportunity they can to develop Kelly as a forward - historically, I reckon the club has been too quick to turn a promising forward into a solid defender - tall forwards are so much more difficult to recruit than a tall defender.

I agree with the slow and poor overhead rating on Pendles but if its out of him or say a Noble.....then I'm going with Pendles and expecting Moore, Howe and IQ to make up for Pendles age!
I can't see Pendlebury playing off half back. What I think will happen is there will be more rotations through the middle this year than in previous years because we have a more even spread of midfielders now than before and players when they aren't coming off the ground, will be spending time between half back and half forward when they aren't playing in the middle. And I can see players like Crisp and Noble, who normally play off half back, spending a bit more time off the field resting to accommodate the midfielders, all in all to make us a faster side on the field for quicker ball movement.

He's been getting exposed at the centre square for a few years now, he was never fast but since he hit 30 opponents can run and spread off him really easily.

Just my opinion Jen, but I think that if Kelly can’t stick more marks / develop his contested marking he’ll end up in the backline as a tall shutdown defender
I also agree - Kelly has good speed, a decent kick, but is not a great overhead mark. I don't see him making it as a key forward, so best we put him back into defense now

Date Posted: 14:17 24/01/22 Mon
Author: Annabelle
Subject: Notes from training session on a hot Monday.

The first players – Howe, Adams, Pendles and Kreuger, drifted onto the arena prior to nine under a blue, cloud-speckled sky in very warm and humid conditions. Harrison returned to the fold, as did Callum Brown, while Draper is still isolating due to COVID and Maynard wasn’t seen today. WHE only walked laps today and a discernible limp was noted. He briefly conversed with a few of the onlookers but was not forthcoming regarding his current ailment. McMahon and Murphy (who is active again after the heavy knock last week) predominantly completed running on the outer side of the ground, though the former participated in some of the drills and sprints.

During the preamble to training the early birds chose different ways to warm up individually rather than engaging in the customary kick to kick, though towards the end some of the stragglers kicked the ball around in a desultory fashion. The new training gear has arrived, and players were bedecked in the latest version of training tops with KFC emblazoned on the back to mark our new sponsor’s contribution to our coffers. The presence of official umpires signalled this as a seminal session and an indicator that match simulation would see the intensity lifted. Nick Maxwell did a few laps of the boundary line but it appears he was motivated to go and retrieve coffee rather than cast a studious eye over the playing roster.

The formal warm-up activity is always the resistance rope and the moves performed while using the fence as a prop. The physical trainers are always pro active in explaining the purpose for the moves here. After holding aggressively against the fence, the group must mimic the leg positions while moving forward on the turf. They were told to strike the ground aggressively – to really floor it as that’s where speed comes from. They started responding to single, then, double, followed by triple moves and it was explained to the players that they will be airborne sometimes and must practise landings and taking off from them to push to the next play. The resistance rope mob was ordered not to drag their partner along, rather to effect strong vertical pulls, with the instruction to push the ground underneath you, sometimes sideways, and the movements directions were varied. Wade implored them to “Start our week well boys!”

These initial activities were followed by a series of drills, involving stations where the emphasis was on close-in handballs, releasing the ball under admittedly minimal duress.
Following was the first of the serious aerobic work of the session. Players were forced to stand sideways in a crouched position and then sprint when summoned to by the command of the trainer. They then were ordered to be prostrate on the ground facing the tennis centre goals and sprint when the whistle sounded. This compelled them to react quickly but also to simulate game conditions in terms of how players must sometimes extricate themselves from multiple body positions to chase and retrieve quickly. This activity is training their body to become inured against the stress of forcing muscles to respond to unpredictable situations and repetitive strain.

There was then an activity involving four stations, and again the focus was on handball, give and release, but one group practised some longer kicking and quick passing. The players seemed to be instructed to run between stations maintaining a high-octane environment.

They rotated again to a purely cardio-vascular phase with a long sprinting session resembling a pseudo beep test. Predictably the aerobic beasts were heading the group towards the end, while big fellow such as Grundy and Begg were the stragglers who find this their most taxing activity. Ash Johnson was also labouring at the tail of the pack.

The players sprinted to the refreshment area when rehydration breaks were afforded them to wet their parched tongues. After the first such pause in proceedings, McRae lined them up and they received drawn out instructions for the next drill. Selwood could be seen holding up a board. It transpired that the next phase was characterised by tackling as players had to navigate their way around strategically placed cones, evading the marauding packs and withstanding some serious, as opposed to the sometimes-faux tackles observed, when there is minimal contact involved in the activity. Players were moving between the various stations at lightning speed. This was a lively drill with some relishing the opportunity to tackle their opposite number to the ground.

All this scaffolding of skills graduated to a mini simulation in that there were players donning a white or black guernsey and nominally in opposition teams, though the emphasis here was on ball movement with long kicks meant to be de rigueur. Interesting the umpires were involved and adjudicating fifty metre penalties and players who were on the sidelines waiting for their turn to rotate with fellow teammates, were screaming to the umpires (clearly in jest), that there were two teams out there. There were endeavouring to mobilise the troops to go the direct route, rather than the circuitous journey so that those leading from the goal square had a clearer idea of how to time their leads. Ginnivan showed that he is adept at snapping truly on the left during this phase. Wilson took a big solid grab at one point, albeit opposed to the lightweight Noble. Scott Selwood had a long conversation with Macrae while the #18 was standing with him on the sidelines, and the assistant coach continues to impress as someone who is imbuing the younger players with solid instruction and ingraining good habits into them. Sidey shook hands with JDG and the pair were engaged in friendly banter as they waited their turn to return to the fray. The latter did appear to be fully reintegrated into the group today and slotted seamlessly into the match play. Grundy ragdolled Begg at one juncture, while Kelly’s hands continued lack stickiness.

There was one final drill focussed around leading and hitting targets before the match sim proper commenced.

Players wore black and white strips and it would have been presumptuous to define the guernsey colours as denoting senior and VFL candidates as quite a few of the senior probables were slotted into positions in either teams which created some tasty match-ups.

In all the drills and match play the volume of voices was impressive but the cacophony of urgent instructions climaxed during the main fare.

With almost a full complement of players available, and augmented by some reinforcements from the VFL squad, there was reasonable depth on display across the ground. For the white team Kreuger, Kelly, Cameron and Reef were playing forward, while the black attack was based around Cox and Checkers. Cameron also enjoyed some stints in the ruck. The black defenders were Moore, Howe and Madge. Howe was providing explicit instructions to Madge who appeared to not position himself to Jeremy’s liking. IQ, Pendles, Dean, Roughead and Crisp were staffing the defence for the white team.

Poulter played in black on a wing and was quite dashing. Nick D donned the black as a mid and appeared to be playing on Tay Adams.

The black team appeared to be more dominant and JDG and Elliott were lively in attack, though JDG also had a run in the middle. Jamie was leading and converting well. The coaches behind the goals were telling JDG to run and make space but he certainly appeared to be the main target of his teammates, even at the expense of an exasperated screaming Harrison who at one point found himself in the teeth of goals alone and unloved. The black team ran the ball well out of defence and Reef kicked the first goal of the match opposed to Howe. Both Elliott and JDG kicked multiple goals and the latter shouted, “Yes baby!” as one of his shots split the middle. As a player lined for goal, the rest of them were instructed to clear the area and get ready for the next piece of action.

On balance, one would say that there were some miskicks, missed handballs and some scrappy play, but the standard was reasonable. Occasionally we still see some redundant lateral movement much to the chagrin of the coaches, but nothing like the aesthetic travesty of Mayne ensuring his metres gained, straddled negative as his constipated kicks obeyed his radar set to backwards position.

Was pretty impressed by Kreuger who can hustle and bustle his way through traffic quite well. He is mobile and is aggressive. Johnson played as a forward for the white team.

McRae happily interacts with spectators and seems pleased to see the ground ringed with fans interested in the players' progress.

The session went for over three hours and was arduous with players afforded little time between some strenuous activites, but one would concede that this is building their fitness incrementally and hardening them for the rigours of bonafide matches. At times the shadeless venue was a veritable cauldron as the cooling breeze was only transitory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to lock my twitter account last night, as while I'm a pretty chilled person in general and don't let things affect me, but I don't need trolls abusing me for something I do for enjoyment.
Bloody Carlton & Essendon supporters!
But seriously Jen, your reports are priceless for those of us who are unable for various reasons to get down and have a look for ourselves.
Your analysis is very valuable, as are your videos.

Date Posted: 14:17 24/01/22 Mon
Author: Annabelle
Subject: Notes from training session on a hot Monday.

The first players – Howe, Adams, Pendles and Kreuger, drifted onto the arena prior to nine under a blue, cloud-speckled sky in very warm and humid conditions. Harrison returned to the fold, as did Callum Brown, while Draper is still isolating due to COVID and Maynard wasn’t seen today. WHE only walked laps today and a discernible limp was noted. He briefly conversed with a few of the onlookers but was not forthcoming regarding his current ailment. McMahon and Murphy (who is active again after the heavy knock last week) predominantly completed running on the outer side of the ground, though the former participated in some of the drills and sprints.

During the preamble to training the early birds chose different ways to warm up individually rather than engaging in the customary kick to kick, though towards the end some of the stragglers kicked the ball around in a desultory fashion. The new training gear has arrived, and players were bedecked in the latest version of training tops with KFC emblazoned on the back to mark our new sponsor’s contribution to our coffers. The presence of official umpires signalled this as a seminal session and an indicator that match simulation would see the intensity lifted. Nick Maxwell did a few laps of the boundary line but it appears he was motivated to go and retrieve coffee rather than cast a studious eye over the playing roster.

The formal warm-up activity is always the resistance rope and the moves performed while using the fence as a prop. The physical trainers are always pro active in explaining the purpose for the moves here. After holding aggressively against the fence, the group must mimic the leg positions while moving forward on the turf. They were told to strike the ground aggressively – to really floor it as that’s where speed comes from. They started responding to single, then, double, followed by triple moves and it was explained to the players that they will be airborne sometimes and must practise landings and taking off from them to push to the next play. The resistance rope mob was ordered not to drag their partner along, rather to effect strong vertical pulls, with the instruction to push the ground underneath you, sometimes sideways, and the movements directions were varied. Wade implored them to “Start our week well boys!”

These initial activities were followed by a series of drills, involving stations where the emphasis was on close-in handballs, releasing the ball under admittedly minimal duress.
Following was the first of the serious aerobic work of the session. Players were forced to stand sideways in a crouched position and then sprint when summoned to by the command of the trainer. They then were ordered to be prostrate on the ground facing the tennis centre goals and sprint when the whistle sounded. This compelled them to react quickly but also to simulate game conditions in terms of how players must sometimes extricate themselves from multiple body positions to chase and retrieve quickly. This activity is training their body to become inured against the stress of forcing muscles to respond to unpredictable situations and repetitive strain.

There was then an activity involving four stations, and again the focus was on handball, give and release, but one group practised some longer kicking and quick passing. The players seemed to be instructed to run between stations maintaining a high-octane environment.

They rotated again to a purely cardio-vascular phase with a long sprinting session resembling a pseudo beep test. Predictably the aerobic beasts were heading the group towards the end, while big fellow such as Grundy and Begg were the stragglers who find this their most taxing activity. Ash Johnson was also labouring at the tail of the pack.

The players sprinted to the refreshment area when rehydration breaks were afforded them to wet their parched tongues. After the first such pause in proceedings, McRae lined them up and they received drawn out instructions for the next drill. Selwood could be seen holding up a board. It transpired that the next phase was characterised by tackling as players had to navigate their way around strategically placed cones, evading the marauding packs and withstanding some serious, as opposed to the sometimes-faux tackles observed, when there is minimal contact involved in the activity. Players were moving between the various stations at lightning speed. This was a lively drill with some relishing the opportunity to tackle their opposite number to the ground.

All this scaffolding of skills graduated to a mini simulation in that there were players donning a white or black guernsey and nominally in opposition teams, though the emphasis here was on ball movement with long kicks meant to be de rigueur. Interesting the umpires were involved and adjudicating fifty metre penalties and players who were on the sidelines waiting for their turn to rotate with fellow teammates, were screaming to the umpires (clearly in jest), that there were two teams out there. There were endeavouring to mobilise the troops to go the direct route, rather than the circuitous journey so that those leading from the goal square had a clearer idea of how to time their leads. Ginnivan showed that he is adept at snapping truly on the left during this phase. Wilson took a big solid grab at one point, albeit opposed to the lightweight Noble. Scott Selwood had a long conversation with Macrae while the #18 was standing with him on the sidelines, and the assistant coach continues to impress as someone who is imbuing the younger players with solid instruction and ingraining good habits into them. Sidey shook hands with JDG and the pair were engaged in friendly banter as they waited their turn to return to the fray. The latter did appear to be fully reintegrated into the group today and slotted seamlessly into the match play. Grundy ragdolled Begg at one juncture, while Kelly’s hands continued lack stickiness.

There was one final drill focussed around leading and hitting targets before the match sim proper commenced.

Players wore black and white strips and it would have been presumptuous to define the guernsey colours as denoting senior and VFL candidates as quite a few of the senior probables were slotted into positions in either teams which created some tasty match-ups.

In all the drills and match play the volume of voices was impressive but the cacophony of urgent instructions climaxed during the main fare.

With almost a full complement of players available, and augmented by some reinforcements from the VFL squad, there was reasonable depth on display across the ground. For the white team Kreuger, Kelly, Cameron and Reef were playing forward, while the black attack was based around Cox and Checkers. Cameron also enjoyed some stints in the ruck. The black defenders were Moore, Howe and Madge. Howe was providing explicit instructions to Madge who appeared to not position himself to Jeremy’s liking. IQ, Pendles, Dean, Roughead and Crisp were staffing the defence for the white team.

Poulter played in black on a wing and was quite dashing. Nick D donned the black as a mid and appeared to be playing on Tay Adams.

The black team appeared to be more dominant and JDG and Elliott were lively in attack, though JDG also had a run in the middle. Jamie was leading and converting well. The coaches behind the goals were telling JDG to run and make space but he certainly appeared to be the main target of his teammates, even at the expense of an exasperated screaming Harrison who at one point found himself in the teeth of goals alone and unloved. The black team ran the ball well out of defence and Reef kicked the first goal of the match opposed to Howe. Both Elliott and JDG kicked multiple goals and the latter shouted, “Yes baby!” as one of his shots split the middle. As a player lined for goal, the rest of them were instructed to clear the area and get ready for the next piece of action.

On balance, one would say that there were some miskicks, missed handballs and some scrappy play, but the standard was reasonable. Occasionally we still see some redundant lateral movement much to the chagrin of the coaches, but nothing like the aesthetic travesty of Mayne ensuring his metres gained, straddled negative as his constipated kicks obeyed his radar set to backwards position.

Was pretty impressed by Kreuger who can hustle and bustle his way through traffic quite well. He is mobile and is aggressive. Johnson played as a forward for the white team.

McRae happily interacts with spectators and seems pleased to see the ground ringed with fans interested in the players' progress.

The session went for over three hours and was arduous with players afforded little time between some strenuous activites, but one would concede that this is building their fitness incrementally and hardening them for the rigours of bonafide matches. At times the shadeless venue was a veritable cauldron as the cooling breeze was only transitory.
The most important aspect of the report…”Nick Maxwelldid a few laps of the boundary line but it appears he was motivated to go and retrieve coffee”
Now that’s what I’m talking about…
The Cafeteria is back open?
I’m flying in next week…can’t wait…

The Cafeteria is back open?

Hmm, I wouldn't count on it. The cafe is hit and miss, and mostly miss in terms of being open.

Visiting the Holden Centre can be like going to a remote location with access to just about nothing. No food, no water, about three seats outside the closed cafe, no publicly accessible toilets. Go before you get there or be ready to hold on.:oops:

It seems to have been planned and designed with complete disregard for the existence of things called 'fans' and 'members'.

I blame Gary Pert (I could be wrong).

Hi there, very much appreciate your fine work and dedication - pity there are those that can only see the the negative side of everything. I'm sure that the majority of those on this site have the utmost respect for your efforts to help us keep informed of the team's progress.
Vast, vast majority... screw the sad trolls.

He'll be at worst as good as Noble defensively.

He'll be better in contests, but won't close down space as quickly as Noble can. No idea overall, but personally I think Pendles will play midfield (maybe wing) until he retires or is no longer good enough.

Pre-season training report: Monday January 24th, 2022.

So it does appear they are training throughout this week and have a long weekend after this (break mon-tues) and come back on Feb 2nd to start the run home before the first practice game, which I imagine should be late feb.

As for today -- Harrison and Cal are back from isolation.
Which just leaves Arlo, who has a few more days. Friday I think he would get out, but will resume next week after the few days break they have off. But Maynard was the only other one missing -- Unsure for what reason.

WHE was just walking around the boundary. Apparantely is a bit sore. From what, who knows. But he should be okay. McMahon will be back to full training after his little incident on Wed after a friend spoke to him.
Murphy -- broke some ribs last week from the going back with the flight of the ball, as only Murphy does. But he was doing some running, didn't seem to be in too bad of a shape.

When I saw some umpires this morning I thought; okay some match sim time. Or at least maybe to implement the new rules. Or at least the crackdown of the rules, either way something was happening.

The usual monday morning warm up started with two different thibgs. One set of players leaning on the fence as they stretch, the other set use the resistant bands, then they swap over.

Wade, the fitness boss wanted to start the week off well as he told then boys by getting this done.

The sprint warm up was next. Which entailed them kneeling on one knee and when the whistle blew, they had to race about 30-40 metres.

Then the boys went into groups to start their drills.

Set up in about 4 different groups around the ground where they partook in different drills before rotating. Ground balls, Kick-mark play.

Then some players were in black and some in white. Some in coloured vests around the other side of the ground, as they did a bit of pressure work. With the ball and moving through traffic. This is a common drill they focus on.

It appears they sometimesn name drills after players. Friday it was Lipinski's longest kick, today it was Maynard's multi-kick even though he was absent. There was also another one with Pendles in the name.
This multi-kick drill was what came next: Which was focused on clean run and delivery into the forward line by multiple teammates.

Next was DL DL 3 phase
Which seemed to be about moving the ball on the cafe side of the ground by the wing from near the pocket of the goals toward the other side. It felt like more similar to moving from D50 to F50.

Then once that was done, match day senarios began which was the official title on the board. But otherside, more or less, match sim. Which went for 20 mins, so one quarter give or take.

For their conditioning, they seemed to do individual things. The talls did some marking drills, mids/forwards did some goal kicking.

In white in defence: Quaynor, Crisp, Dean, Tardrew (VFL), roughy
Forwards black: Henry (wearing 32 for match sim), McCreery, Mihochek, Bianco, Cox

(Crisp v Bianco) (Lippa v Tardrew) ( (Madgen v Mihochek) Pendles seemed to be the loose man. Didnt have an opponent to start.

Mids white: Begg, Cal, J.Daicos (wing), Wilson (wing), Macrae, Adams, De Goey
Mids Black: Jamie, Sidebottom (wing),Nicky, Grundy, Poulter (wing) De Goey

(Poulter v Daicos) (Sidebottom v Wilson) (Grundy v Begg) (De Goey v Macrae) (Jamie v Nick)

Forward in white: Reef, Murley, Cameron, Kreuger, Kelly, Ginnivan, Johnson, Harrison
Defenders in black: Noble, Chugg, Ruscoe, Madgen, Moore

(Noble v Murley) (Ginnivan v Ruscoe) (Darcy v Darcy heh) (Howe v Reef) (Madgen v Kreuger) (Kelly v Chugg)

Then 2nd centre bounce Lippa and Bianco were in the middle, Degoey, Jamie went forward.
Overall, it did feel De Goey spent more time forward and Lippa more in the middle. Reef didn't spent any, seemed to be more up forward.

Then it was Cal v De Goey, Tyler v Nick, Adams v Lippa

Then in the 2nd half it was Cameron v Begg Sidebottom v Macrae, J.Daicos v Poulter, Wilson v Noble
De goey v Macrae, Cal v Lippa, Nick v Tyler

With 6 minutes to go they with
Harrison v Murley, Cal v Lippa, Poulter v Macrae
Nick v Cal, Lippa v Tay, Jamie v Tyler

It's good to have passions and I saw what some had said about you. The name calling isn't on and is just mean.

Maybe there's a point to be made though about talking as if you know the players personally because of their Instagram activity, or making comments about their bodies when some of them are essentially teenagers.

Just my two bits worth, so I doubt it means much. But could it be a cautionary tale about striking a balance with the language used? Idk. I will admit some of the commentary about their personal lives rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's good to have passions and I saw what some had said about you. The name calling isn't on and is just mean.

Maybe there's a point to be made though about talking as if you know the players personally because of their Instagram activity, or making comments about their bodies when some of them are essentially teenagers.

Just my two bits worth, so I doubt it means much. But could it be a cautionary tale about striking a balance with the language used? Idk. I will admit some of the commentary about their personal lives rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
My only interest ever has been how players improve us (my joking aside)

Its all good. All sorted, I'm moving on.

Anyway, life lessons eh. Bring on the season. Sometimes the pre-season feels way too long that brings up bullshit.

Last edited:
Hmm, I wouldn't count on it. The cafe is hit and miss, and mostly miss in terms of being open.

Visiting the Holden Centre can be like going to a remote location with access to just about nothing. No food, no water, about three seats outside the closed cafe, no publicly accessible toilets. Go before you get there or be ready to hold on.:oops:

It seems to have been planned and designed with complete disregard for the existence of things called 'fans' and 'members'.

I blame Gary Pert (I could be wrong).
“The new Glasshouse is a new facility for the community, it has been designed with public accessibility in mind, specifically for women. Women will have changing facilities so that they can go for a run around the Tan. There’ll be a public gym. And it’s not just for women, but men can use it too. There‘ll be a cafe. A few public BBQ’s so you can have a cook up whilst watch training in the evening.”

As paraphrased by E.McGuire circa 2016.

What probably happened is that they tapped into a community funding project. Got money on the basis of providing community access. They may have even had high ideals about providing public access. Seems that they had high ideals about members finally having a social club again.

But time passed and giving the public and us members access just seemed all too hard. It seemed much easier to put a lock on the doors and keep people out. The new glasshouse was barely 5 years old and it has already had a fairly significant refit - one indication that the building wasn’t really serving the purpose that it was designed for.

This contemporary article mentions the public gym (which never materialised) …

… although to be fair to the club, the women’s footy and netball teams did come on line quite quickly after the new Glasshouse was opened and they needed to be accommodated.

“The new Glasshouse is a new facility for the community, it has been designed with public accessibility in mind, specifically for women. Women will have changing facilities so that they can go for a run around the Tan. There’ll be a public gym. And it’s not just for women, but men can use it too. There‘ll be a cafe. A few public BBQ’s so you can have a cook up whilst watch training in the evening.”

As paraphrased by E.McGuire circa 2016.

What probably happened is that they tapped into a community funding project. Got money on the basis of providing community access. They may have even had high ideals about providing public access. Seems that they had high ideals about members finally having a social club again.

But time passed and giving the public and us members access just seemed all too hard. It seemed much easier to put a lock on the doors and keep people out. The new glasshouse was barely 5 years old and it has already had a fairly significant refit - one indication that the building wasn’t really serving the purpose that it was designed for.

This contemporary article mentions the public gym (which never materialised) …

… although to be fair to the club, the women’s footy and netball teams did come on line quite quickly after the new Glasshouse was opened and they needed to be accommodated.
I’ve been there once and will never go again.

For those of you that like Annabelle's reports I note she will be returning to the classroom (who would of thought she was a teacher given some of her word choices:p) soon so will not be able to provide any more reports.

As discussed on https://www.voy.com/51976/516722.html

So we will just have to rely on Jen2310 and others (76woodenspooners) fantastic reports.

PS: Apparently there:
"Might be a practice session coming up at Vic Park on a weekend.
My Source is outside the club, let’s hope his info is accurate."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back