VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to hark on about him, but Akuei took 1 mark for the game. The kid is 194cm and can't find the footy. Norf went inside50 51 times.
Kemp took 8 marks
Lachie Young 6
Harry Lemmey 6
Lewis Young 4

It's gonna be a long year relying on him down back in the VFL.

Our best were Pitto, Kemp, Binns and Cincotta

Hate to hark on about him, but Akuei took 1 mark for the game. The kid is 194cm and can't find the footy. Norf went inside50 51 times.
Kemp took 8 marks
Lachie Young 6
Harry Lemmey 6
Lewis Young 4

It's gonna be a long year relying on him down back in the VFL.

Our best were Pitto, Kemp, Binns and Cincotta
Buddy you've had about 8 posts knocking the kid

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh i know and this will be my last. It's just surprising he's still on the list considering his lack of any sort of discernible improvement. How long did Finbar last? Reckon he's miles behind anyone I've seen at his age who's been in the system for 3 years now.
So you continually complain about him, get called out on it and take that as another opportunity to do it again?

So you continually complain about him, get called out on it and take that as another opportunity to do it again?
I don't think it's continual. More often than most? Sure.

It's just really flummoxed me. The whole situation just doesn't make sense to me.

Yeh i know and this will be my last. It's just surprising he's still on the list considering his lack of any sort of discernible improvement. How long did Finbar last? Reckon he's miles behind anyone I've seen at his age who's been in the system for 3 years now.

Probably something to do with being a Cat B rookie and effectively not on the list. Good chance he makes way next year for Duffy.

Pittonet and Cincotta clearly our two best, some flashes from some of our younger players but nothing eye catching, atm development the key for many of them…
Skills and decision making was really poor, our overall positioning and shape at times was incredibly bad, we allowed them far too much time and space with very little pressure to impact direct contests, very unaccountable…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cat B rookie. He's not taking up a spot.

Why delist him before we have to if we don't have another potential candidate lined up?

Sent from my SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

26 disposals. 11 clearances. 20 hit outs. Look out TDK he’s coming for your spot.
While he looked fresh and more nimble once he recovered from the stability issues he has after the tap, he also had no real opponent... no one else lining up had double digit taps.

Common problem last year for North, IIRC.

I don't think it's continual. More often than most? Sure.

It's just really flummoxed me. The whole situation just doesn't make sense to me.
Surely you understand the difference between a cat b rookie and someone like Finbar on the main list, salary cap ramifications etc.

Cowan was disappointing for mine thought he would be able to stay in the moment for longer - to many lazy mistakes - does he have the hunger to go past the guys in front of him if his opportunity presents ..
kemp fwd is the future just needs to switch on to those second efforts and leads that a third tall needs..
Pitto should dominate this level as a fully grown ruck but two rucks isn't the future for mine rather a kemp or lemmey take third tall option till Martin ready - some games during the year pitto will be required.
Glad to see the effort to get back into game how we are 2-0 having young at full back is amazing ..
All the best in the firsts

I went along to the game today, thought it was a good effort by the young kids today despite being overwhelmed at times by the opposition. Don't forget that Norf have an extended list with 2 extra players.

Interesting we played Cinc in the guts - obviously being groomed as a back up in case of emergency, but was outstanding.

I'm not gonna go through a full recap of every player, but some of the stuff that Moir displayed today was a real eye opener. His creativity, and hand skills in tight situations was brilliant. He'll get a call up before too long.

I headed out to the 3 quarter time huddle, and as they dispersed, Diesel made a beeline to Lemmey and said "come on Harry, it's all about aggression." Which is exactly what we've been saying about him.

As an aside, Norf have got a ripper in that Finnbar Maley. He absolutely tore us a new one today regardless of the quality of the opposition defenders. How the **** did this guy get all the way through to the rookie draft?

Bamboo Harvester what was Ashton's defensive pressure like?
It's hard to tell at VFL level cos it's much more scrappy than AFL. I can only go by his highlights packages at U18 level, and he looks like he tackles with intent - maybe even a bit of mongrel about him :cool:

On a side note, what a shithole Arden St Oval is. It used to be one of the worse venues to watch games back in the 70's, but these days it's really just a public park with an oval plonked in the middle. No grandstands, no seating, no shelter, and the only shaded areas were under a few trees. The best vantage points to watch the game was from the balconies of the apartments across the road.

Pitto clearly best afield ..moving Kemp forward second half changed game ,giving us a hard contest in forward line ..Cincotta thru himself at everything as normal...Cowan and Binns progressing well...
Good to finally see some genuine competition for spots in our team. It lifts everybody from the reserves up, there certainly is no room for complacency.

Match report ...

NORTH MELBOURNE 2.5 6.5 8.9 13.12 (90)
CARLTON
2.3 3.5 7.9 10.14 (74)

GOALS
Carlton:
Lefroy 3, Kemp, Maher, Moir, Monahan, Nelson, Pittonet, White

BESTS
Carlton:
Pittonet, Cincotta, Kemp, Lefroy, Nelson, Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Back