Preview Rd 17 ins & outs vs Saints IN Franklin, OUT Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitecross can kick which is why he kept his spot over Muston in my opinion. Gilbert & Fisher means kicking effectively is going to be an absolutel requirement for Friday. Muston's roosts wouldn't cut it.

Re: Rd 17 ins & outs vs Saints @ Etihad

lets hope whitex becomes more settled. He is not a bad little player. Can be a good player... Good luck to him.

For what its worth. I think whietey was lost last week. He needs to be given a job and more game time to be able to focus. Most young players do. He has been a cut above those at box hill and really looks the goods. For mine we haven't started to see what this guy can do. He will be gun. Don't you guys remember 2009? especially early.

Surely ladson is a better player than Whitecross, maybe they think Laddos lack of tackling would be found out against the Saints and they are wanting him to improve in this area at Box Hill before he gets a recall.

Saints defenders would be too good for Muston.

Hooper in & Whitecross out would have been our best side IMO.

Maybe Ladson in as well.
I disagree, I don't know how well Muston would have played but I think he could do a bit to nullifying Fisher or Gilberts rebounding.

Whitecross can kick which is why he kept his spot over Muston in my opinion. Gilbert & Fisher means kicking effectively is going to be an absolutel requirement for Friday. Muston's roosts wouldn't cut it.
They have been playing different roles though, Whitecross has been anything from a forward flanker to half back rebounder and Muston has been a defensive forward and so I don't think Mustons kicking would make too much difference.

Surely ladson is a better player than Whitecross, maybe they think Laddos lack of tackling would be found out against the Saints and they are wanting him to improve in this area at Box Hill before he gets a recall.

5 day turn around otherwise he would be in for whitey. I mentioned that it would be unlikely because tough hard slog in the mud and rain last week.

Ladson's problem was that he played fo BH on sunday and this week being a Friday game, he's probably a little sore.

I disagree, I don't know how well Muston would have played but I think he could do a bit to nullifying Fisher or Gilberts rebounding.

I just don't think he has the pace or skill to handle any of their defenders.

Probably better for his knees that he doesn't play on that ground.

For what its worth. I think whietey was lost last week. He needs to be given a job and more game time to be able to focus. Most young players do. He has been a cut above those at box hill and really looks the goods. For mine we haven't started to see what this guy can do. He will be gun. Don't you guys remember 2009? especially early.

Yet we have seen less of Muston, however, Muston still has more runs on the board this year.

Why is it that WhiteX can have a quiet game, but rely on potential to get another. Whereas Muston hasn't had a bad game this year, and from what we hear has truckloads of potential, but is still dropped and not given another chance? To me it's sending a bit of a strange message to young Muston.

I'm all for giving young players chances, however, when it comes down to two young players, and one has shown more on the football field the decision seems pretty obvious as to which one deserves another chance.

Re: Rd 17 ins & outs vs Saints @ Etihad

Wisdom teeth lol. First time I've seen that listed as a reason for omittion. Not saying its fake, just weird. Fair enough change though, Although i didn't think WhiteX would have stayed in after his poor performance last week in a strong side. Guess he needs to find his feet in the team.

guess i'll nevr forget. Some 15 years ago, Steven Silvagni missed a game due to wisdom teeth, so it's certainly not a first. More trivia crap. Go Swiss! Stick it up em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with your post though on current form Shiels/Ladson/Peterson/Hooper would be ahead of Whitey, though for one reason or another, these guys aren't available. As for the question I have highlighted above regarding 2009, No. We have all done our best to erase that year from our memories.:cool:

Probably better for his knees that he doesn't play on that ground.

I'd be interested to see how many games Musto has played at Etihad since returning to the field lately. Has he played a game there? If not, I suspect you may be right shepp.

Not to mention he's a good player who did nothing wrong last week. Sure he didn't get a much of the ball, but I bet his game time was pretty low.

Then again, I think he just about the best of our fringe young blokes, certainly he looks more like a footballer than some of the guys around him, and I'm happy to see him string a few games together. It will only make him better.

Ultimately, I rate WhiteX and Muston, though different kinds of players.

Think it's gotta be a horses for courses strategy when it comes to choosing between WhiteX and Muston at the moment.

Whitecross is probably selected because they see Ladson more of a defensive player and our defence is already quite packed.

The last spot up for grabs in the foward line will probably be between Hooper, Muston or Peterson. Hooper is probably the pick at the moment.

Whitecross is one of the fastest players in our team... Muston looks quick, but isn't as quick as he used to be before the knee problems. Whitecross was no doubt brought it to try break the St Kilda defense and because of his accurate kicking to stop turnovers...

Hooper would be in if was fit no doubt!

Karn Hawks!

Not to mention he's a good player who did nothing wrong last week. Sure he didn't get a much of the ball, but I bet his game time was pretty low.

Then again, I think he just about the best of our fringe young blokes, certainly he looks more like a footballer than some of the guys around him, and I'm happy to see him string a few games together. It will only make him better.

8 possies and 3 tackles for WhiteX in a game we could not have dominated more.
I thought he was poor and is lucky to hold his spot.

Sorry to offend but the big difference between WX and Musto is Musto goes to ground to easily atm imo. I think against strong matrue bodies WX is better able to hold his ground in the contest. I think that is one reason Musto was dropped for the Cats game.
The minute someone goes to ground you are effectively, an literally a man down.

We shouldn't really be comparing these blokes as they really are different types doing different things.

One another note I think WX has performed better when at Boxhill, perhaps that is why he is in.

Sorry to offend but the big difference between WX and Musto is Musto goes to ground to easily atm imo. I think against strong matrue bodies WX is better able to hold his ground in the contest. I think that is one reason Musto was dropped for the Cats game.
The minute someone goes to ground you are effectively, an literally a man down.

We shouldn't really be comparing these blokes as they really are different types doing different things.

One another note I think WX has performed better when at Boxhill, perhaps that is why he is in.

Agree re. Muston.

Seems to lack even average agility. Is capable of reading footy/play but is physically adrift from others in a contest, therefore is limited.

That Franklin kid should be a handy 'in' - he could really be a good player one day!

At first I thought Muston would be a great match-up for a runner like Gwilt - but the issue may be where Gwilt plays . If Gwilt is a running defender then Muston would be good - but Gwilt often plays forward & if that happened I would be worried about Muston as a defender.

White-X on the other hand played as a Back Pocket / Flanker last year & has played forward this year. He is also a fairly runner (wing) from what I hear and as such may be a little more versatile.

That Franklin kid should be a handy 'in' - he could really be a good player one day!

At first I thought Muston would be a great match-up for a runner like Gwilt - but the issue may be where Gwilt plays . If Gwilt is a running defender then Muston would be good - but Gwilt often plays forward & if that happened I would be worried about Muston as a defender.

White-X on the other hand played as a Back Pocket / Flanker last year & has played forward this year. He is also a fairly runner (wing) from what I hear and as such may be a little more versatile.

This ^^

One of the things the Saints struggle with is pace and we are loading up on it.

Laddo would have been close but I suspect as others have said the 5 day break may have counted against him.

Whitecross must be washing the coaches car. He was seriously sub par, last week. Maybe one last chance for 2010?

Apart from that, it looks a very good size. Will miss the x-factor of Peterson / Hooper.

Hard to change a side that won the week before by 75 pts, allowed 26 I50s, and laid 80 odd tackles when the opposition only had 250 odd possessions.

even Buddy might have been unlucky if it wasnt for Carl's chompers... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back