Rd 18 - Carlton v Gold Coast - Sat 20th July 2:10pm(EST) @ Marvel - Updated Team Post #509

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am confident that we’re gonna hit our straps this week. 40 + point win is well on the cards imo

I think he is lucky to be at the blues because he gets a chance to play at afl level bit more easily than if he was at most other clubs. We are still building and the position he is playing is vacant with cunners injured and not too many others in vfl side better than Lang in that role atm.

Also most players get a run of three games at senior level to show their capabilities. If he doesn’t step up this week and cunners becomes available he will definitely be dropped again.

I do wonder how he will perform once he recovers fully from his injury (ankle?). I think he also needs to get a bit bigger/stronger he is prone to letting tackles slip.

Lang has footy smarts. Best small forward we have. Confidence is down. It is the right thing to play him for 6 weeks

Strange... Why not just put Deluca straight in? Rather than ducks and drakes with Deluca and Dow

Teams had to be in by last night, club probably wanted to see how Dow was feeling today. Also gives us the opportunity to decide on the "in" after we've seen GC's team sheet, on the off chance they did something unexpected with their balance of talls/smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPS almost at 60 games already.

fu**, where does the time go?

I'll just say, also, that looking at the critical mass of players hitting 50 games and beyond gives me goosebumps. We are going to be really good very soon.
I got the thinking this last night. We really could do a Brisbane next season.

Harry McKay will take another step next season, find that consistency that's eluded him this year to a degree. Charlie Curnow will be almost like a new recruit, this year even when playing he's been well below his best. Sam Doc back, Weitering having a another year and a bunch of mids hitting 50 odd games very soon. Add in Papley and/or Coniglio and we'll worry a lot of teams.

I'm rather bullish about our prospects sooner rather than later.

Will be very interesting to see how the side handles being favourites - and not just to win, but win well. The last few years, this would be a situation where we would show mental weakness, phone it in, disgrace ourselves and undo all the progress made over the past month or so. Usually we're the pressure-release valve for struggling teams.

What we SHOULD do is show how much of a gap there is between us and 18th and hammer them by minimum 8 goals. Will we though?

Deluca to debut for Dow who is out due to illness

Exciting to get a look at a debutant and a good game to debut for him as well. Gives him every chance to perform well.

How great if Deluca & Gibbons become successful mature-aged pick ups...and in the supplement and mid-season draft at that.

Setterfield 26 disposals, 6 tackles, 2 goals, and a Rising Star nomination.

Cant get one was suspended earlier in the year,they use same rules as Brownlow.

I read somewhere that he can get nominated. Just can't win the award. Perhaps someone in the know can fill us in? Malifice Jeremias Aphrodite

Personally I hope he gets it. If it clicks for him out of all the young mids, his unique size and skillset would be so good for us.

I read somewhere that he can get nominated. Just can't win the award. Perhaps someone in the know can fill us in? Malifice Jeremias Aphrodite

Personally I hope he gets it. If it clicks for him out of all the young mids, his unique size and skillset would be so good for us.
He can definitely be nominated, whether they will bother using one on a player who is ineligible is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back