Review Rd 3 Review - Young Dockers win the Derby by 55

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who have written Noddy off after 5 quarters of football, can I ask how you can possibly have gotten to that position? He’s big, quick, looks to have decent hands and seems pretty composed shooting on goa. He might not be a future AA but has enough AFL traits to make a decent career. Im not sure how you can possibly have seen enough negatives to write him off already.

For those who have written Noddy off after 5 quarters of football, can I ask how you can possibly have gotten to that position? He’s big, quick, looks to have decent hands and seems pretty composed shooting on goa. He might not be a future AA but has enough AFL traits to make a decent career. Im not sure how you can possibly have seen enough negatives to write him off already.

Agreed - some people aren’t even glass half full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O'Driscoll is not an AFL footballer. Harsh but I'm going to stand by it.
90e4abd204f8f5e4169471aa2007f690.gif

This is why Jack Darling drops marks apparently.

"They had another two goals to their name within 30 seconds of actual playing time in the third quarter courtesy of some Naitanui heroics.

Naitanui’s big ruck tap and follow-up led to a goal to Jack Petruccelle within 14 seconds of the second half.

And then at the next centre bounce, Naitanui unleashed another dominant tap and eventually got the ball back to kick a goal on the run from 49m.

The margin was just 20 points at that moment, but a dropped mark by Jack Darling in the square, after his line of sight was blocked, proved to be costly."

Courtesy of 7 West Media.

It's a totally irrational position to take. You'd have to ask what their criteria are for a player in their first full game of AFL that demonstrably indicate the likelihood of being a productive AFL footballer (we could then take that and compare it to first 1-2 games of players who have made it and see how those criteria stack up).

It smacks of those bread crumbs that people drop that will be perhaps forgotten about or obscured if they do make it, but if they don't can brandish it loudly and proudly to say "see I told you so".

Agreed. He’s not made any glaring howlers and kicked two nice goals in play. A goal kicking mid... Some people are just scared of new things I suppose.

And if all else fails at worst we could stick him in the left forward pocket.

It's a totally irrational position to take. You'd have to ask what their criteria are for a player in their first full game of AFL that demonstrably indicate the likelihood of being a productive AFL footballer (we could then take that and compare it to first 1-2 games of players who have made it and see how those criteria stack up).

It smacks of those bread crumbs that people drop that will be perhaps forgotten about or obscured if they do make it, but if they don't can brandish it loudly and proudly to say "see I told you so".
Agreed. He’s not made any glaring howlers and kicked two nice goals in play. A goal kicking mid... Some people are just scared of new things I suppose.

And if all else fails at worst we could stick him in the left forward pocket.
I know why Paracleet said it and a couple of people have liked, it’s because he kinda moves with arms all flailing about and doesn’t currently look smooth and people want to be the one that said it first. On actual output though, he’s a big bodied defensively minded mid with pace who can kick a goal, like you’ve said, there is no actual logical reason for writing him off

This is why Jack Darling drops marks apparently.

"They had another two goals to their name within 30 seconds of actual playing time in the third quarter courtesy of some Naitanui heroics.

Naitanui’s big ruck tap and follow-up led to a goal to Jack Petruccelle within 14 seconds of the second half.

And then at the next centre bounce, Naitanui unleashed another dominant tap and eventually got the ball back to kick a goal on the run from 49m.

The margin was just 20 points at that moment, but a dropped mark by Jack Darling in the square, after his line of sight was blocked, proved to be costly."

Courtesy of 7 West Media.
lol "Natanui heroics" = 2 ruck taps from bounces that fell right into his zone (ie that his lumbering frame could get to at what is his full pace, while a rookie ruck had to check their run) and a lucky receive from the opposition as he was running forwards, then kicked straight for a goal.

I know why Paracleet said it and a couple of people have liked, it’s because he kinda moves with arms all flailing about and doesn’t currently look smooth and people want to be the one that said it first. On actual output though, he’s a big bodied defensively minded mid with pace who can kick a goal, like you’ve said, there is no actual logical reason for writing him off
The rate of improvement NOD has shown from mid season in the WAFL last year has been quite amazing TBH. He has worked his butt of with extra fitness work. Good solid size who is quick and has a bit of mongrel about him.

I watched a bit of him early doors with Perth Colts and he can football. He lost a bit confidence early last year. I think he’ll play predominantly at Peel and if Mundy and Serong are good to go I would move him to the sub for the GWS game but he is promising young player.

O'Driscoll is not an AFL footballer. Harsh but I'm going to stand by it.
Here's why your wrong. His improvement from last year to this year is very tangible, I don't think anyone expected him to be 'ready'.
He will be stronger, fitter and more experienced over the next two years. Obviously his work rate is excellent.
I think he'll be our Schultz in the midfield/wing.

Things learnt:
- Noddy, Walker and Erasmus have to stay! Let’s get games into them and find out if they are part of the future.
  • Freddy and Walker will play 200 games for this club.
  • When Fyfe, Mundy, Serong and Darcy come back we still have the nucleus of a good team and can play finals. (Tabs remaining fit is critical).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i am suprised he knows how to kick a goal in general play in that pocket.

Something that is hard to do when players wear purple.

Told you Walker was good. Kid can't be left down at Peel. Couldn't be caught. Didn't make a mistake. Hit their big boys hard.

That team was super fast. Swita and Shultz were everywhere. Erasmus was 10 pin bowling. Walker and Freddie follow a different set of physics. Clark, Colyer and Chappie are quick and nimble, and Brayshaw just doesn't stop.

Replacement for injuries only next week. Tucker (so glad it wasn't a neck injury) and Pearce (give his ankle the rest it will need, it's a long season)
IN: Hamling for Pearce, Mundy for Tucker
Sturt for Banfield as medical sub.

Told you Walker was good. Kid can't be left down at Peel. Couldn't be caught. Didn't make a mistake. Hit their big boys hard.

That team was super fast. Swita and Shultz were everywhere. Erasmus was 10 pin bowling. Walker and Freddie follow a different set of physics. Clark, Colyer and Chappie are quick and nimble, and Brayshaw just doesn't stop.

Replacement for injuries only next week. Tucker (so glad it wasn't a neck injury) and Pearce (give his ankle the rest it will need, it's a long season)
IN: Hamling for Pearce, Mundy for Tucker
Sturt for Banfield as medical sub.
Pearce and Tucker may well be fine. Sturt as medical sub is a terrible call - the bloke needs to string matches together at Peel, having him as the sub robs him of that opportunity. He needs a few more full games at Peel before a return to the starting 22 in a couple of weeks if his form continues the current trajectory.

Thoughts
  • Lol at old mate coming in saying a 55 point belting that only wasnt worse due to two goals in 30 seconds, two junk time goals and ridiculous goal line decision was "struggling to put them away"
  • Switta is absolutely awesome. He's so damn clean and always gets it moving at pace towards the goals. After Tabs, he's probably the 2nd most important player in our forwardline IMO
  • I've been a big defender of Logue but there is absolutely no way Walker comes out the side again, needs to be a lock.
  • Erasmus looks the goods, 18 possessions on debut is nothing to sneeze at but it probably undersells how good he was in the contest. In a few more years with a couple of pre-seasons under his belt he's going to be an absolute monster feeding it out to others.
  • Cox's best game for a while, composed and took a lot of intercept marks
  • I think the last two weeks were on the guys minds because it took a quarter and Chapman leading the way to finally start being aggressive with the kicks, paid off immediately.
  • Acres was terrific, more please from him.
Erasmus is not merely going to feed it out to others!!!!
Shortly he will be ripping the ball away from the centre bounce running to fifty and kicking the goal Dangerfield style, don’t limit the lad.
Love how the match committee has had to explain to him each week why he is not in the team, confident lad in a hurry to dominate the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back