Autopsy Rd 9 Review - Never Go Full Dockery

Remove this Banner Ad

Amiss had gone missing.

Fyfe was a liability. He's not going to be in our first premiership side.

Need to see if Raz is going to be a player.

Emmett's pressure is good but woeful skills.

Keep Simpson in. Let's get games into these players..
Fyfe’s worst game all season. He was emotional. Hardly liability.

Forget the result. You guys were a bit inaccurate tonight, that's not going to be the theme every week. You were better than the scoreboard showed tonight.

Sorry to hear about Cam McCarthy, it was a difficult night for your club.

We had to be at our best to win tonight. On a different day, it could've been different result.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.
Credit where credit is due. Sydney are so classy and outplayed us despite Freo having a dominant midfield. Sydney's ability to score from the midfield is mouthwatering and their kicking is incredible. I said earlier I don't see Sydney as a premiership threat but I take that back. Goodluck for the rest of the season.

Not making any excuses, and I'm not a clinician but I do work in the space of grief/trauma - the timing of Cam's passing wouldn't have boded well for the match.

There's layers of processing and the first 24-48 hours are some of the most difficult - denial, dissociative, doubt and self-blame. The brain just floods with every thought, possibly and emotion and it just becomes too much.

Sounds dreadful but if he passed at the start of the week, the players would still be grieving but likely in a more stable cognitive space to focus and adjust to the task at hand - that's why you sometimes see incredible victories from grieving teams across different sports, but it's often some time after the passing.

On top of that, the 5 day break and lack of regular preparation wouldn't have helped - all the normal routines in place today would've been thrown completely out of whack.

19 scoring shots on goal and competitive play against the best team in the AFL, there's issues to fix in the forward line but we are still heading in the right direction.

Have a stiff drink, go to bed and look after yourselves and loved ones this weekend.
Bloody well said, and thank you for adding some vital perspective to events... for my own thinking and benefit at least, if not anybody else's.

A hell of an effort from our guys, but a disappointing game to watch, for all the obvious reasons.

Not hugely worried about the result though, given the circumstances. We're a much better team than today would otherwise suggest.

Banfield got into the game and the ball moved better because of it.
Why is he forced to play forward when Frederick, Emmett and Treacy are there?
Is JOM really that limited that coaches are rewarding him at the only spot he can play given his limited agility and body for AFL?

100%

I understand why our seniors were off, but he's got something else happening

JLo blamed opposition players man handling him, but I didn't see as much oif that tonight
He’s still lean as. Another 10 kg and he ll be able to withstand the physicality.

Think people underestimated the work Tabs does with the number 1 defender. Amiss can’t handle it, yet

Not making any excuses, and I'm not a clinician but I do work in the space of grief/trauma - the timing of Cam's passing wouldn't have boded well for the match.

There's layers of processing and the first 24-48 hours are some of the most difficult - denial, dissociative, doubt and self-blame. The brain just floods with every thought, possibly and emotion and it just becomes too much.

Sounds dreadful but if he passed at the start of the week, the players would still be grieving but likely in a more stable cognitive space to focus and adjust to the task at hand - that's why you sometimes see incredible victories from grieving teams across different sports, but it's often some time after the passing.

On top of that, the 5 day break and lack of regular preparation wouldn't have helped - all the normal routines in place today would've been thrown completely out of whack.

19 scoring shots on goal and competitive play against the best team in the AFL, there's issues to fix in the forward line but we are still heading in the right direction.

Have a stiff drink, go to bed and look after yourselves and loved ones this weekend.
Perfectly said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit where credit is due. Sydney are so classy and outplayed us despite Freo having a dominant midfield. Sydney's ability to score from the midfield is mouthwatering and their kicking is incredible. I said earlier I don't see Sydney as a premiership threat but I take that back. Goodluck for the rest of the season.
Thanks. Freo are a good side with a lot of good players. Would love to see Freo break their premiership duck with Fyfe in the side. Class player. But it's tough winning a premiership, never any guarantees!

Banfield got into the game and the ball moved better because of it.
Why is he forced to play forward when Frederick, Emmett and Treacy are there?
Is JOM really that limited that coaches are rewarding him at the only spot he can play given his limited agility and body for AFL?
Seems sharps on one wing and they prefer rotate jom and MJ on the other ugh

100%

I understand why our seniors were off, but he's got something else happening

JLo blamed opposition players man handling him, but I didn't see as much oif that tonight
We all have bad days.

Need pav to come down once a week and teach goal kicking.
It's been a factor since the great man retired.

Emmett is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the clubs approach to forwards.

Tries his guts out. Applies pressure. Can't kick goals, lacks any class or polish and seems more interested in hitting blokes than kicking goals.

Same old story, we can't kick goals. Oh well, onwards to our middling finish for the year.

Tired Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

I am not gonna say too much about the negatives. Sad Cam McCarthy has passed away.

Freo kicked 4.15.39 tonight. Had Freo kicked 9.10.64 or even 7.12.54, I could tolerated that.

There's been a few positives.

Walker did fine. Scored our 1st goal too.

Josh Tracey refuses to go goalless.

I predicted on 3 quarter time on the game day thread, Walters will kick 2 or 3 goals in the final quarter.

I was sort of right. Someone kicked 2 goal in the final quarter. It was Jeremy Sharp instead

Jom needs to go.
I'm sure he is a great leader, he needs to become a player/part time coach and help out the peel youngsters.
If he gets lucky he will be used for depth.
Don't think he has anything afl about him anymore.

Emmett is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the clubs approach to forwards.

Tries his guts out. Applies pressure. Can't kick goals, lacks any class or polish and seems more interested in hitting blokes than kicking goals.

Same old story, we can't kick goals. Oh well, onwards to our middling finish for the year.

Tired Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX
Honestly, I think anyone who still doesnt think Baker would be one of the biggest upgrades to a single position we can realistically make is just in lalaland. Emmett is who he is, there is very little chance of that changing, games played or not, just watch his games from Peel.

Both JOM and MJ are on ball.
Think Johnson has proved the last two weeks he’s ahead and certainly the future in the middle.
JOM needs to go. Banfield on the wing and replace him with Sturt up forward. It is so ******* simple

Remove this Banner Ad

Back