Autopsy Rd 9 Review - Never Go Full Dockery

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Voss plays a similar role to Emmett, just a bigger body and more likely to have a shot on goal. More than happy to keep Voss in, drop Emmett and bring in Sturt. Adds some class and goal scoring ability to the Forward line even if he doesn’t put a lot of pressure on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It would be a positive if we had a dozen forwards and mids with high end finishing skills. There is no reason to think, based on what we've seen from most of our players, that they are going to start routinely kicking those goals.
Our kicking on goal isn’t elite, but do people realise that the Adelaide game is the only other this year that we didn’t score at least as many goals as points? (And in that one Adelaide were much worse than us with 4.10)

Last nights kicking on goal was an aberration. Who knows what caused it - maybe nothing but bad luck which can happen sometimes (at the start which then builds mental pressure for subsequent set shots?).

At one point in the game the score was 1.10 - 16 vs 10.1 - 61. Someone good with maths might be able to explain how often can you get that kind of symmetry in a game of football.

Please pardon my intrusion, and accept my condolences...

Just wanted to say this team is going to be good! On a day when at least a few of your leaders had to be having an off day, your guys played fast, with flair, and fairly! You're goal kicking was off, which may have been the pressure or just another factor in a terrible day for some... but it's catchy! Trust me, our guys know that story! Regardless your guys will learn from the experience, and we won't have that luxury again!

Prior to the game I wasn't sure you'd make the 8, well I was wrong! You'll make and shape the 8, and probably cause a number of 'upsets' along the way. In my view, this is going to be a seriously good team, maybe not a flag team this year, but there's every chance it's heading your way with this team in the future. Should be a fun ride from here... Good luck!

Just wanted to say this team is going to be good! On a day when at least a few of your leaders had to be having an off day, your guys played fast, with flair, and fairly! You're goal kicking was off, which may have been the pressure or just another factor in a terrible day for some... but it's catchy! Trust me, our guys know that story! Regardless your guys will learn from the experience, and we won't have that luxury again!

Prior to the game I wasn't sure you'd make the 8, well I was wrong! You'll make and shape the 8, and probably cause a number of 'upsets' along the way. In my view, this is going to be a seriously good team, maybe not a flag team this year, but there's every chance it's heading your way with this team in the future. Should be a fun ride from here... Good luck!
Thanks mate.

I cant tell if she's mocking us or not.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We actually played through the middle on Friday night and took the game on. We clearly need more reward for effort and some natural goal kicking forwards would be awesome but from a playing perspective I'm not sure we should be panicking. Goal kicking is also really connected to your how mentally you are switched on and your confidence levels. If we had kicked straight early I'm curious to see how that game would have gone.

1715479824181.png

Thanks, I think the Swans will win the big one this year, especially with having the best coach in the comp, who somehow is still underrated despite his success

We actually played through the middle on Friday night and took the game on. We clearly need more reward for effort and some natural goal kicking forwards would be awesome but from a playing perspective I'm not sure we should be panicking. Goal kicking is also really connected to your how mentally you are switched on and your confidence levels. If we had kicked straight early I'm curious to see how that game would have gone.

View attachment 1986891
We took it to the top team in the comp,
Who are not there by accident.
They brought their best game.
We didnt , but on another day, any other day ?
We are in good shape .
Yokai!

The difference is -they have midfielders and small forwards kicking goals- we have none.
Look at our goal kickers stats the last couple of years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sharp got a goal (perhaps two, can't remember exactly) Young has shown some ability to kick a goal, but as someone else pointed out the rest of the midfield have kicked less than a goal a game between them this season.

It's a huge problem going forward. Our forwards are not high scoring and we tend to play more of a defensive game style that is low scoring. We will be mid table in the foreseeable future unless we get some additional talented forwards and/or we loosen up our game plan to try to score more.

Thanks mate.

I cant tell if he's mocking us or not.
No, she's not... I like the way you guys play! I like the run and dare... are you the polished, finished product? No, not by a long way. So what? You have the core of a really good team, now you just need to draft/trade in what you need to be a more complete team...

In '21 we lost a final an elimination final by a point, because we couldn't kick straight to save ourselves!
In '22 we lost a grand final by a million or so, too young to have the experience to stop Geelong's momentum!
In '23 we lost another elimination final by a goal, after kicking 9.14 to Carlton's 11.8!

You think you're the only team that can't kick straight when half your team lacks solid experience and is under pressure? The greater part of our team is reaching 100 -150 games so our time is now, you guys have a year or two to go, but in my view you'll make the 8 this year, and be playing finals for the next few years... It takes time to build the experience to win them, and having won a few you build belief that you can go all the way. I can't see any reason why you can't... your guys played well, they just couldn't kick straight.

anyway, I might talk too much, but I don't go on other teams boards and mock or disrespect them!

Good luck!

Thanks, I think the Swans will win the big one this year, especially with having the best coach in the comp, who somehow is still underrated despite his success

Me too! I'm squeezing all the joy I can out of this season because I think our time has come! And shhh... don't tell anyone about Horse!

No, she's not... I like the way you guys play! I like the run and dare... are you the polished, finished product? No, not by a long way. So what? You have the core of a really good team, now you just need to draft/trade in what you need to be a more complete team...

In '21 we lost a final an elimination final by a point, because we couldn't kick straight to save ourselves!
In '22 we lost a grand final by a million or so, too young to have the experience to stop Geelong's momentum!
In '23 we lost another elimination final by a goal, after kicking 9.14 to Carlton's 11.8!

You think you're the only team that can't kick straight when half your team lacks solid experience and is under pressure? The greater part of our team is reaching 100 -150 games so our time is now, you guys have a year or two to go, but in my view you'll make the 8 this year, and be playing finals for the next few years... It takes time to build the experience to win them, and having won a few you build belief that you can go all the way. I can't see any reason why you can't... your guys played well, they just couldn't kick straight.

anyway, I might talk too much, but I don't go on other teams boards and mock or disrespect them!

Good luck!
Sorry, edited.

Good luck!
All good. Some people here are scarred by oppo supporters.

Thanks, and go well

Good luck!
much appreciate the assessment. Its always nice to have an outsiders view. We get a bit ansie here sometimes to the point of seeing the negatives but completely missing a lot of the positives. After years wandering in the wilderness, its kind of a Freo thing :(
I still think we can make the 8 too. Its not all doom and gloom. We have some very winnable games coming up. Its a marathon, not a sprint. Its not the time yet to be pulling up stumps and taking our bat and ball home...we arent playing finals until we mathematically arent!!
Good luck to the Swans this year too, the window is fully open for you guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back