Banter RDT 172 - Switching to wrestling chat. Not really Full Stop

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The great news- got a transfer and promotion to a new position that I've been looking at recently. Probably a $20k pay bump. Super excited. It's been a tough couple of months personally so it's good to have something positive occur.

But, because it's my life, there's a fun little sting in the tail. Working under me (heh) is the incomparable A, which I did not realise. Haven't spoken to her properly in quite some time.
Nice mate. A whole new alphabet to work through.

Edit: with the fallback of Plan A

It's the best bit of tech we have as a species.

If a single fan of the defibrillator comes at me again, so help me god.

Enjoy your switch, they're great! Odyssey is fantastic, Breath of the Wild is genuinely the biggest achievement in video games history I reckon, and Mario Kart is just fun as *. A wise choice.
Just finished Odyssey and MK8. Playing BOTW at the insistence of my sister and enjoying that too. Sniper Elite when I want to de-stress.

The great news- got a transfer and promotion to a new position that I've been looking at recently. Probably a $20k pay bump. Super excited. It's been a tough couple of months personally so it's good to have something positive occur.

But, because it's my life, there's a fun little sting in the tail. Working under me (heh) is the incomparable A, which I did not realise. Haven't spoken to her properly in quite some time.

Apparently we do want to know about your sex life, mate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Okay, so Ishmael_ and bono333 I'm now watching Mr Inbetween for the second time through in 2 weeks. What a fantastic show.

Mate. campaigner. A s**t eating grin.

This is somewhere in my top 5 shows; The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Entourage and this.

So faaaarken good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, so Ishmael_ and bono333 I'm now watching Mr Inbetween for the second time through in 2 weeks. What a fantastic show.

This is somewhere in my top 5 shows; The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Entourage and this.

So faaaarken good.

I'm the same, just kept getting better and better. That final scene, 'run' was so bloody good.

Funny that it came out at a similar time to Barry. Both good shows, but MI, phwoar, it hits.

I'm the same, just kept getting better and better. That final scene, 'run' was so bloody good.

Funny that it came out at a similar time to Barry. Both good shows, but MI, phwoar, it hits.

The smile at the very end - die you pair of *en twits.

I'm always baffled when I'm speaking to an ex-pat and they expect me to have a side I support each year. Even if I cared about rugby league, why would I care about NSW or Queensland?
Because your standards are low enough to care about league?

Last edited:

So faaaarken good.
Yep in my top 3 of all time with The Sopranos and Legit.

Below is where it all started. Scott Ryan made a movie called the Magician when at uni.

I'm always baffled when I'm speaking to an ex-pat and they expect me to have a side I support each year. Even if I cared about rugby league, why would I care about NSW or Queensland?

Because your standards are low enough to care about league?
I've tried real hard to get into the Carry-ball. To give it a fair go and say, 'well maybe because I was brought up in WA, Aussie Rules was ingrained in me and isn't necessarily a better sport.'

But to no avail. At the end of the day League is just simply an inferior sport, tailor-made for simpler folk who don't have to think quite so much.

Just like NFL and wrestling.

I've tried real hard to get into the Carry-ball. To give it a fair go and say, 'well maybe because I was brought up in WA, Aussie Rules was ingrained in me and isn't necessarily a better sport.'

But to no avail. At the end of the day League is just simply an inferior sport, tailor-made for simpler folk who don't have to think quite so much.

Just like NFL and wrestling.

I understand why people don’t like NFL as it’s a hard sport for the uninitiated to crack. I was lucky in that I worked with a guy who pushed me to give it a chance and helped me understand the nuances of the sport

That was 30+ years ago and now I enjoy it. Less than I do Aussie rules but I appreciate it for what it is - a game of chess played in short, brutal bursts of skill, athleticism and power

Rugby league I’ve always thought of the sporting equivalent of head butting a brick wall until a brick comes loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back