Banter RDT CLXVVVI - Bender Told Me To

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have to give America credit - school shootings happening regularly but they still find ways to keep them surprising. 6 years old ffs.

Beyond the usual head scratching at the US and their obsession with guns

1) How does a 6 year old get possession of a gun
2) Was the gun already loaded, and if not….
3) How does a 6 year old know how to load and fire a gun
4) What are the kids parents teaching him that the solution to an argument with his teacher is shooting her

The amount of batshit crazy at either end of the political spectrum in the US is insane. Pun may or may not be intended

And as an aside it took their House of Representatives 15 goes to elect a speaker of the house (2nd in line after the vice president to take over if Biden croaks) when the Republicans had a clear majority.

It’s the decline of a world super power in real time

4) What are the kids parents teaching him that the solution to an argument with his teacher is shooting her

The amount of batshit crazy at either end of the political spectrum in the US is insane. Pun may or may not be intended

And as an aside it took their House of Representatives 15 goes to elect a speaker of the house (2nd in line after the vice president to take over if Biden croaks) when the Republicans had a clear majority.

Just in regards to US politics and the whole left/right saga that is discussed ad nauseum. The left in the US a.k.a the democrats actually lean further to the right than the dominant conservative/right leaning party in Australia in the Liberals.

Their whole political system is a mess as is the country. People really need to think of the US as 50 seperate countries all trying to get along under the same flag and national anthem. The differences between the people of say New York (city), Miami, Houston, San Francisco and say Minneapolis and the general population that live there are hugely larger than the differences between say Aussies and Kiwis.

It just happens that multiple States of the US have larger GDP's than our entire country.

Finally finished Lost.

Overall very solid, but feel as though they were just making it up on the fly as they went towards the end.
Also left a lot of unanswered questions and areas they did not explore.
Nailed it.

Despite these frustrations, which are sizeable, it was still an epic series, with awesome characters, interwoven with themes of good versus evil, religion versus science. And I just love how the closing scene is a mirror image of the opening scene of the pilot episode. chef's kiss

I kinda wish it was 2005 with my knowledge of life now. Would be interesting

I'd tell Woosh to bloody play Lynch in the 05 final that's for damn sure

I’d tell Woosh that Benny plus others are lying to you about taking drugs and you need to do something about it before the club implodes

~20 or so (and a much smaller hard core) holding over 200 of their colleagues hostage.

DEMOCRACY * YEAH!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a decent skinful today. A delicious lunch with family, swim in the pool with the kids, too much beer and a clear blue sky.

Days like these make me so thankful to be Australian. I know there's a dark history and I hope we can make amends with our indigenous people, and I feel like the day we do we can all sit back and all agree about how lucky we are.

I don't mean to sound insensitive to all those getting smashed by flood, drought and everything, but I also don't want anyone to think that I don't know how lucky I am to be in this part of the world right now.

Anyway, love youse all except Ochre.

Had a decent skinful today. A delicious lunch with family, swim in the pool with the kids, too much beer and a clear blue sky.

Days like these make me so thankful to be Australian. I know there's a dark history and I hope we can make amends with our indigenous people, and I feel like the day we do we can all sit back and all agree about how lucky we are.

I don't mean to sound insensitive to all those getting smashed by flood, drought and everything, but I also don't want anyone to think that I don't know how lucky I am to be in this part of the world right now.

Anyway, love youse all except Ochre.
It’s something I ponder - especially when I see stuff like Somalia’s biblical level famine, or the Russia Ukraine stuff, comparatively we have it good.

And also the time - being around now and not 500, 1000 years ago when living was just so much harder

But then I also ponder the abstract like what it must be like to be an ant or a kangaroo or something

But then I also ponder the abstract like what it must be like to be an ant or a kangaroo or something

Well then you'd be devoid of all responsibility - but would you have the intelligence to know what responsibility is?

Well then you'd be devoid of all responsibility - but would you have the intelligence to know what responsibility is?
I sincerely doubt it.

However
In a partially disinteresting English class I once had the thought do termites actively like wood or are they just hardwired to like it?

It took me 13 years to get an answer but I did get one a few years back

Yes. Termites supposedly do like wood as they have demonstrated preferences - the more cellulose the better - termite sugar
Take from that what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back