Review Rnd 19 Review : Cats def Dogs at Skilled Stadium aka Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

2 weeks in a row I'm more upset about the injuries than the loss. We just can't take a trick, absolutely cursed this season. Said last week if we don't get any more injuries we can still challenge, but Libba is out til finals at best & Macrae will miss the next couple at least. If we are lucky, we will have a relatively best available 22 in finals but likely to be away to GWS, Adelaide or West Coast - all ******* hard to win at.

Hold your heads high boys, happy we aren't rolling over without a fight

A lot of *******s came into the gameday thread either talking s**t about Boyd or going "does it s**t you when the media talk about how brave you are in defeat?"

**** em
Meh, i'd rather ban idiots. Then no one has to deal with them.

Boyd best game for us. Dunkley too. Picken good, Bont good, Daniel good, Adcock was good, Biggs was good, Libba and Macrae were good. Hunter was very good.

Effort by all the players and tackling was good. Disappointed with Stevens, Wood, JJ, Roughy, Stringer.

Hamling, Cordy, Tried hard.

Average games by Clay, Jong and Roberts, Dicko good early but faded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a lot more confident that we can win a flag, even from 6th or 7th on the ladder, than when I woke up this morning.

Geelong didn't play down to our level. We played up to theirs - with 50 games less experience per player no less.

When does the time come when we question our fitness and medical staff, and stop putting it as bad luck? Seriously? If PG is bold enough to sack our CEO after one season. Than surely he has to ask some questions? Even for the blokes who have been down there for years. Beyond a joke.

And **** the Boyd haters. Was the best KPF on the ground tonight.
Bullshit - you cannot blame impact injuries such as Wallis, Libber, Stringer etc etc etc on our medical staff. We play a high intensity, ballistic style that has a down side. Hammy's - yeh maybe.

Great effort but we do so many things wrong. I think that means we lack individual class.

And another tall defender would help.

Boyd ok but a long long way to go. For every good thing he jumped at the footy like a nufti the next. Got a lot to learn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what they can do about a twisted ankle, a broken leg and an
ACL...
What about the other injuries? The Achiles injuries to Boyd and Suckers? The hot spots found in Campbell's foot? Williams knee, honey hammy, JJ hammy. Adams calf ? Didn't say it was all their fault. Was just a question.

Is the no opposition supporters really necessary? Seems a bit precious.

Pretty flat, but proud of the effort of the boys. Really dug deep.
Loved Tommy's game.

Let's give people a chance to vent for a day or so without getting further frustrated over opposition supporter comments.. A bit of sanctuary doesn't hurt anything

Seriously, **** injuries. We finally look like a chance for the flag for the first time in forever, and it gets wrecked not through our own bad play, but through injuries.

**** this.
if we're a good club, one worthy of a flag, we'll be good long enough to have a good run at some stage

if we're the old ffc, which i don't think we are, we'll shy away because it's tough.

just gotta get to the dance a lot.

onto the game:

Tom Boyd just played a game that spud footballers don't play. Sure he's kicked goals before and encouraged me, but that was a very good game of footy- his best. He didn't leave it up to chance, he just kept coming back to the contest and gave himself a chance to have a good performance. His smarts in traffic were impressive and his use of that frame too.

Dahl is so good. If he and Libba can both play finals we'll be a sniff, they're so sharp in traffic. We were annihilating them in congestion and belting danger non stop when we could put either of them around the ball.

Dunks knows how to play footy just fine. Seems to get the little s**t like the game plan and his kicking's been pretty good, he strikes it nicely despite not looking elegant.

That's all i can think of right now- very proud of the club and the big boy who's responded incredibly well to all this bullshit

Well done Tom. That sort of game is what I wS hoping for.

Great heart by the dogs.

Store this pain up and make these friggin campaigners pay.

If Boyd can continue that form line we ca be competitive in finals assuming we don't lose any more players and get some back.

Shattered for Libba if season over. It's time for the much vaunted Hrovat to stand up.

Christ we need a KPD.

Absolutely cannot complain about the guys tonight - tried their guts out.

Sounds like something you'd say about a bottom team, but proud of the team despite the loss. Not proud of our inaccuracy but this has come to be expected. Other than that, they went out there, and despite even more injuries, took it to them until the end. Didn't let them blow us out. The injuries, umpires and Geelong's own accuracy are things we can't control, and they all went against us.

And yeah, we're carrying some players. But we have to. Look at our injury list. Roberts is verrrry average (though imo not as bad as some make out), but given the injury list, what else were we going to do. Hamling did nothing, but we needed someone tall up forward. Koby doesn't play when the team is healthy. Neither does Jong or Adcock. But at least everyone went out there determined to give everything they had. Accuracy aside, can't ask for much more than what we saw tonight.

Last edited:
Bullshit - you cannot blame impact injuries such as Wallis, Libber, Stringer etc etc etc on our medical staff. We play a high intensity, ballistic style that has a down side. Hammy's - yeh maybe.
Fair call. Just don't remember us getting this many last year when we were playing the same brand of footy. It's cost us a chance at a flag.

Can I have a hands up from anyone who is sick to death of f##n losing to these absolute pack of arse wipes ?

Why don't those pricks get injuries during the game like we do !

I seriously want to smash these bastards in a final !

Can't stand their arrogance, their cocky country bumpkin supporters !

Can't stand the fact that they have these mediocre players who seem to play well against us consistently

I look forward to the day where we smash them in a final and everything falls apart for them for a change !

Bunch of lucky, flukey scum as far as I'm concerned

Rant over ! :(

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back