Preview Round 1, 2018: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 24th March, 3:35PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 163 83.2%
  • Lions

Votes: 33 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year he was bullish about us. Even tipped us to beat Melbourne in round 1 and finish higher than them for the season. Maybe he's upset we let him down.

I might be in the minority on this board but gilbert should play rnd 1..

Runs on the board, ill be disappointed if he's still in the side in rnd 23 but he deserves every opportunity and at his best is still important for us.
He’s not at his best. So no. Wash your mouth out!!

A lot of people tipped us to be top 8 last year specially with Carlisle coming back, the recruitment of Steele and Stevens. The successful trade with Hawks. A ton of expectations and hype was around us.

I assume they are judging us based on our trades, 2017 season, preseason games. I don't blame them for not rating us or tipping us for 8 but I want our boys to prove them wrong

I thought in the corresponding game last year he was a standout, and only bettered by Riewoldt and Montagna. Definitely has the X factor and blisteringly fast on a fast surface. As for Saturday I think we will match your midfield but struggle to hold your forwards and probably struggle to kick a winning score ourselves. You have a nice balance of small and tall forwards and if they are on I doubt many sides will be able to contain them. I just hope we are competitive and that for both team's benefit the Etihad surface behaves itself.
Remember when Riewoldt kicked 9 goals in R23 2016? Paddy is gonna do the same to you GUYS.

But I'm actually looking forward to what the lions have to offer, and goodluck for ur season.

I thought in the corresponding game last year he was a standout, and only bettered by Riewoldt and Montagna. Definitely has the X factor and blisteringly fast on a fast surface. As for Saturday I think we will match your midfield but struggle to hold your forwards and probably struggle to kick a winning score ourselves. You have a nice balance of small and tall forwards and if they are on I doubt many sides will be able to contain them. I just hope we are competitive and that for both team's benefit the Etihad surface behaves itself.

The talk over Etihad's surface is really a beat up these days. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

The talk over Etihad's surface is really a beat up these days. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be.
Maybe, hope you're right, although they had to replace 4,000 sq mts of turf after the Ed Sheeran concert apparently.

Last edited:
Remember when Riewoldt kicked 9 goals in R23 2016? Paddy is gonna do the same to you GUYS.

But I'm actually looking forward to what the lions have to offer, and goodluck for ur season.

Riewoldt has always destroyed us. Really hope Paddy Mac lives up to the number 1 pick and becomes a better player than Petracca;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s got to the point now with everyone seeming to write us off this year (Gary Lyon has predicted us to finish 14th) that I’m actualky starting tod embrace all the negativity. Last year we went in with all the hype that we will make the 8 and it didn’t work for us, maybe this year all the saints bashing saying we have no stars and aren’t good enough will drive the boys to succeed and prove everyone wrong. I’m not sure if Richo would say anything or not but if I was him I’d be tempted to pin a few of these articles up around rsea Park and let the boys prove a few people wrong.
Yep totally agree - that and the nil players in the Top 50. Whether right or wrong, use it. We do need some mongrel and anger.

Yep totally agree - that and the nil players in the Top 50. Whether right or wrong, use it. We do need some mongrel and anger.
once again the general media do not rate our young guys - so i hope they carve every team up - billings , sinclair , membery , acres , steele , dunstan , mcartin , ross , gresham and throw in steven , armitage , carlisle , roberton and a firing bruce and surely we will whip some teams and critics

once again the general media do not rate our young guys - so i hope they carve every team up - billings , sinclair , membery , acres , steele , dunstan , mcartin , ross , gresham and throw in steven , armitage , carlisle , roberton and a firing bruce and surely we will whip some teams and critics

As they say in the classics, "Opinions are like a.....holes," every idiot has one. Up to us to prove them wrong. Time will tell.

The main thing for Collingwood is their kicking inside 50. They murdered the football last year — I would not like to be a forward playing for Collingwood at the moment. What do they at training? They do exactly the same thing,” Brown said

gee did he watch us play last year , we murdered it then buried it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back