Preview Round 1 2019, Collingwood vs Geelong, Friday March 22nd 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor will be busy waxing on Cox. O'Connor has never seen the ball, Kolo never big on stats, Henry hasnt racked them up as yet and clark in first game. Stewart a lone hand down there,,,? Too tall down back
Henry had over 20 possessions in JLT 2 I think.

Pretty surprised to see Miers selected. Really not sure he’s gonna offer much. Would prefer Narkle, but I hope to be wrong.

Agreed although I originally thought only one of adtkins or miers would be selected they played really high game time in the JLT so perhaps that's was the first tip off. I think Guthrie calf probably earnt him a spot. His underage footy was really good and a genuine goalkicker.

Narkle has been my disappointment of the pre-season so far. Spots were available and his JLT form was just fair did not deserve a spot.

Hopefully later in the year he strings some VFL form together. 4 guys went straight past him this year Clark, Constable, Miers, Atkins.

Just wonder who's going to win the ball in the backline? Blicavs and Taylor will be busy waxing on Cox. O'Connor has never seen the ball, Kolo never big on stats, Henry hasnt racked them up as yet and clark in first game. Stewart a lone hand down there,,,? Too tall down back .. Kolo shouldve been overlooked. Even though Guthrie has turned into a plodder, against the pacey woods forward half he could be more suited against their line up. I thought Narkle should be ahead of Miers... Kolo and Miers lucky for mine! Constable...... too?

Never fear chris always finds a way to create an extra defender or 3.

Mitch Duncan lurks around halfback & Tom Stewart will give you enough drive.

If you can get a bit out of Henry who was excellent JLT2 and Clark who had around 550m gained in JLT1.

I think you could also get creative with gary Rohan off half back at times and then perhaps joel selwood. Constable possibly spend some time there.

With 4 debutants and 2 new guys we are going to see some new roles no doubt I'm excited interested and worried all at the same time.

Most exciting Cats line up in a long time for me.

Undoubtedly some of these guys are going to take a while to develop or hit top form, then others acclimatising to new roles. Still, it's got potential and there's plenty of intrigue to see how we go.

Agreed although I originally thought only one of adtkins or miers would be selected they played really high game time in the JLT so perhaps that's was the first tip off. I think Guthrie calf probably earnt him a spot. His underage footy was really good and a genuine goalkicker.

Narkle has been my disappointment of the pre-season so far. Spots were available and his JLT form was just fair did not deserve a spot.

Hopefully later in the year he strings some VFL form together. 4 guys went straight past him this year Clark, Constable, Miers, Atkins.
No guthries in the team is great.
Went big down back though.
Maybe Duncan or selwood will help out we with clark.
Looking forward to this game. Really glad the 4 kids given a chance. They have all earned a spot.
Hope they give Constable a good run at being our ball getter in the chops
Excited at a new look team.

Good side - as others have noted, side for the future and probably the best side on form and availability.
Given inexperienced small defenders, think we’ll have problems with their small forwards - wouldn’t be surprised if we see Atkins (as maybe our best tackler) drop back for support if things get tough.
Key for us is controlling the corridor and the new forward line bringing the good leads and pressure.

Last edited:

The only issue holding Narkle back is lack of endurance ATM. If that can be built this next 12 months his development will be right on track.

The following AFL Listed players have been named to play in the VFL practice match vs Collingwood tomorrow night: Posted by cats-09

The selections for tonight don't look so brave when you read that lot.

9. Zac Smith*
12. Wylie Buzza*
19. Quinton Narkle*
20. Oscar Brownless*
21. Jacob Kennerley*
25. Lachie Henderson*
28. Darcy Fort*
31. Jordan Cunico*
33. Jake Tarca*
34. James Parsons*
36. Blake Schlensog*
37. Sam Simpson*
39. Zach Guthrie*
41. Jamaine Jones*
43. Stefan Okunbor*
45. Ryan Abbott*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The following AFL Listed players have been named to play in the VFL practice match vs Collingwood tomorrow night: Posted by cats-09

9. Zac Smith*
12. Wylie Buzza*
19. Quinton Narkle*
20. Oscar Brownless*
21. Jacob Kennerley*
25. Lachie Henderson*
28. Darcy Fort*
31. Jordan Cunico*
33. Jake Tarca*
34. James Parsons*
36. Blake Schlensog*
37. Sam Simpson*
39. Zach Guthrie*
41. Jamaine Jones*
43. Stefan Okunbor*
45. Ryan Abbott*
Yeah let's find a way to have a moan. Well done.

I cant see us winning the midfield battle and hence the game.

Grundy will have a field day

Would have been more hopeful with Abbott's inclusion, can Stanley give us 4 good quarters.?
Sav forced to chopout changes the structure, does it put unwanted pressure on Hawkins? I think so.
All things the opposition can take advantage from imo, pretty confident Abbott will star in the two's again.
Still happy for Atkins and Miers, Clark and Constable, something fresh to watch.

Last edited:
Would have been more hopeful with Abbott's inclusion, can Stanley give us 4 good quarters.?
Sav forced to chopout changes the structure, does it put unwanted pressure on Hawkins? I think so.
All things the opposition can take advantage from imo, pretty confident Abbott will star in the two's.
Still happy for Atkins and Miers, Clark and Constable, something fresh to watch.
Last year when we beat Collingwood does anyone recall how we countered Grundy?

I am going to back O'Connor to do alright tonight I hope he does just to shut some people up

Was one of the few who could hold his head high in the EF last year. Can remember many comments saying he'd be a liability out there that night.

9. Zac Smith*
12. Wylie Buzza*
19. Quinton Narkle*
20. Oscar Brownless*
21. Jacob Kennerley*
25. Lachie Henderson*
28. Darcy Fort*
31. Jordan Cunico*
33. Jake Tarca*
34. James Parsons*
36. Blake Schlensog*
37. Sam Simpson*
39. Zach Guthrie*
41. Jamaine Jones*
43. Stefan Okunbor*
45. Ryan Abbott*

Id say Henderson on there is significant.. and Cam Guthrie not being on there is also. Id also say there is a mix of untried ..and tried but young with the likes of Smith and Henderson.
A couple of names that have been around and on our list for a while should have a little head check and ask why they have not been selected and what they have to do get into consideration again. They have been passed by 4 new players that have not played a game.

9. Zac Smith*
12. Wylie Buzza*
19. Quinton Narkle*
20. Oscar Brownless*
21. Jacob Kennerley*
25. Lachie Henderson*
28. Darcy Fort*
31. Jordan Cunico*
33. Jake Tarca*
34. James Parsons*
36. Blake Schlensog*
37. Sam Simpson*
39. Zach Guthrie*
41. Jamaine Jones*
43. Stefan Okunbor*
45. Ryan Abbott*

I do agree with this part 2e & Bews are best 22 I believe.

S.Selwood, Guthrie injured ( probably get picked )

Still you needed to pick them the 4 debutants. Quite easily you can pick Hendo and play Taylor forward, Zach Guthrie.

I genuinely wonder what happens if everyone is available Atkins, Clark, Constable stay in the team no idea.

Id say Henderson on there is significant.. and Cam Guthrie not being on there is also. Id also say there is a mix of untried ..and tried but young with the likes of Smith and Henderson.
A couple of names that have been around and on our list for a while should have a little head check and ask why they have not been selected and what they have to do get into consideration again. They have been passed by 4 new players that have not played a game.

Guthrie's got an injury

Last year when we beat Collingwood does anyone recall how we countered Grundy?
Zac Smith played. Lost the hit outs 43-20 and Grundy was in Pies’ best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back