AFLW Round 1 Discussion - 2021 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

what a terrible set shot from Perry.
Melbourne are looking pretty sharp here

i like AFLW, but seriously a player like Perkins really needs to take their fitness more seriously. Its just insulting to other players that train hard and keep themselves in good shape.
She's a fat blob. Do the women not get skinfolds taken like the men? Wonder what her readings would be.
These are both extremely harsh imo. You can see that she's done a lot of work on her body shape since she was at Adelaide, and she was coming from a long way back in that respect. Commentators said in the call too that she wiped more than 20 seconds off her 2km time this pre-season, so it's clear she's putting in the work.

These are both extremely harsh imo. You can see that she's done a lot of work on her body shape since she was at Adelaide, and she was coming from a long way back in that respect. Commentators said in the call too that she wiped more than 20 seconds off her 2km time this pre-season, so it's clear she's putting in the work.
And if she was getting $350,000 per year those posters might have a point.

That half pretty much typified how both teams fared last year. Suns starting with plenty of intensity, benefitting from some quick direct footy, challenged midway but fought back strong before fading out dramatically. Demons fumbling their way from A to B via Z, but eventually getting their act together.
It was hardly Huntingtons fault they lost. Could have easily easily finished up with 4 goals. Looks like a star to me, are you jealous because she doesn't play for North?
Yeah, of the two of us, I'm the irrational one-eyed supporter. Stick to your club board if you can't do better than that, please and thank you.

Regardless of allegiances, I don't know how anybody could watch last night's game and think Huntington had a bigger impact than Ellie Blackburn.

Slick from Melbourne that quarter. They started off well, but unfortunately this is getting ugly for Gold Coast. If this continues then they would have picked up right where they left off in the final against Fremantle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The standard this season apart from the first quarter of Carlton vs Collingwood has been pretty good. These teams are either middle to high-placed teams or the standard has gone up from previous seasons.

Also, I really liked that goal from Mithen.

Bit of both i think, standard has definitely improved. Kicking to leads looks the most noticeable improvement. Seems to be less congestion around the ball too.

2nd quarter done the trick in all three matches so far.

On to the Eagles v Crows. Sort of like the previous game, one team just needing to show some improvement, the other just needing to get the win and steer clear of injuries.

It amazes me that a WCE player just marked in their defensive 50 then ran back another 20 metres!! Just take off and run to your end!!! They aren't relying on big kicks to make up that extra 20m they just gave up. Ffs.

Kelli Underwood thinks Kellie Gibson had a brilliant season at the Crows in 2017... Not quite how I remember it, and it would make it rather strange how they ditched her as a marquee player the following year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back