Round 1 team 2021

the correct way to display a team is

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We actually had a half-decent lead up centre half forward for about 15 minutes. Were his knee problems self inflicted by sliding on them for every mark or was it unrelated?
Unrelated I think.

After the trial game

Defenders
Butts
Talia
Worrell
Brown
Doedee
McPherson
Hamill
Scholl

Midfield/Wing/Flanks
ROB
Keays
Sloane
Schoenberg
Milera
Laird
Pedlar
Smithers
Hately
McHenry

Forwards
Tex
Himmelberg
Rowe
McAdam
RT

Could easily have guys like Framptom, Jones, Berry, Davis, Fog, McAsey, Gallant. Hard to name a 22.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

After the trial game

Defenders
Butts
Talia
Worrell
Brown
Doedee
McPherson
Hamill
Scholl

Midfield/Wing/Flanks
ROB
Keays
Sloane
Schoenberg
Milera
Laird
Pedlar
Smithers
Hately
McHenry

Forwards
Tex
Himmelberg
Rowe
McAdam
RT

Could easily have guys like Framptom, Jones, Berry, Davis, Fog, McAsey, Gallant. Hard to name a 22.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Matt Crouch will play round 1 if he's fit.

FF: Rowe, Himmelberg, McAdam
HF: Walker, Fogarty, Sloane
C: Sholl, Hately, Lynch
HB: Smith, McAsey, Milera
FB: McPherson, Butts, Brown

1st R: O'Brien, Crouch, Laird

Int from: Schoenberg, Jones, Worrell, McHenry, Pedlar, Keays

Inj: Talia, Doedee

Not sure Hately is a lock after today's internal...Keays was way better. Need to see more from him next week to convince me he's a starter for round 1 though I suspect he might have been "guaranteed" a spot....kicking was real ordinary.

My fear with Hately is maybe he’s just more of the same? We already have the steady accumulators who aren’t damaging by foot or who don’t spread well from the contest guys like Crouch, Laird, Sloane, Keays etc. We need more balance, it’s imperative guys who have a point of difference like Milera, Jones, Schoenberg etc take a step up.

Not sure Hately is a lock after today's internal...Keays was way better. Need to see more from him next week to convince me he's a starter for round 1 though I suspect he might have been "guaranteed" a spot....kicking was real ordinary.
I think Hately is a lock, but probably Keays is too.

Hately certainly needs to tidy up his kicking.

There's definitely a touch of the Laird about his pack disposal, but he sure got a ton of possession. He seems to radiate youth and keenness, rather than skill, but we should be able to work on the disposal, like Laird did.

There's definitely a touch of the Laird about his pack disposal, but he sure got a ton of possession. He seems to radiate youth and keenness, rather than skill, but we should be able to work on the disposal, like Laird did.
If I was a selector Keays would play before him on today's efforts but I think it's almost a given Hately plays round 1, Keays not so much.
It will be interesting with the restriction on the number of players next week what mids get the nod against the Powa.

Good looking team. Personally I'd have Thilthorpe in over Himmelberg.

From the bench I'm taking Schoenberg, Pedlar, Jones and Worrell with the other two very unlucky

Opposition defenders will be licking their lips to rebound out of that fwd line.

Would love to see Berry or Pedlar push their case for a round 1 gig too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some exciting looking teams here but I'd be shocked if the club doesn't pick both Kelly and Murphy for round 1
Hmmmm possibly, I mean he spanked Fogarty but that probably tells you more about how bad Fog was.

Murphy is an interesting one, at his best he's an asset but we've got talent who are more dangerous in an attacking sense whilst bringing the same pressure.

Hmmmm possibly, I mean he spanked Fogarty but that probably tells you more about how bad Fog was.

Murphy is an interesting one, at his best he's an asset but we've got talent who are more dangerous in an attacking sense whilst bringing the same pressure.
Doesn't really have anything to do with performance in an internal trial. Playing against ourselves is the least useful type of match practice. I mean Walker and Frampton beat up on defenders that have barely played AFL

It's more that with Talia and Doedee out we'll look for an experienced replacement, and we bloody love Kelly

Doesn't really have anything to do with performance in an internal trial. Playing against ourselves is the least useful type of match practice. I mean Walker and Frampton beat up on defenders that have barely played AFL

It's more that with Talia and Doedee out we'll look for an experienced replacement, and we bloody love Kelly
We do, and if it's for a week I really don't mind him playing but I'd rather someone else.

Borlase very solid and a smarter footballer, Worrall was VERY good and he'd be my pick.

Butts plays and probably Fish although I wasn't convinced.

Kelly didn't spank Fogarty. They were on the same team for half the game, ffs.

Fogarty wasn't great, but did a few things. Same as Hamill, same as Brown, maybe did a bit less than McAdam.

Fogarty plays, as does Himmelberg and Walker. If they don't take their chance, other will come in.

Kelly didn't spank Fogarty. They were on the same team for half the game, ffs.

Fogarty wasn't great, but did a few things. Same as Hamill, same as Brown, maybe did a bit less than McAdam.

Fogarty plays, as does Himmelberg and Walker. If they don't take their chance, other will come in.
Kelly touched him up if we're being honest and defensively that's never been Kelly's issue.

I'm happy with those 3 but I reckon Fogarty would want a good game in the next 2 weeks or he'll come under pressure if someone else does

B: Brown McAsey Worrell
HB: McPherson Butts Smith
C: Lynch Hately Sholl
HF: Jones Himmelberg Sloane
F: McAdam Walker Rowe
R: ROB Laird Crouch
I: Keays Milera Berry Fog

Doedee/Talia injured

Missing: Shoenberg, Hamil, McHenry, Murphy. Pedlar, Thilt

Not sure we should play 3 talls given how often two of them are liabilities but it will probably be the case early. We have far too many mids that need games, Sloane shouldnt see another centre bounce but he'll get plenty time there.

Updated R1 side after internal trial:
Injuries: Talia, Doedee Hinge?

Brown McAsey/Butts McPherson
Smith Worrell Milera
Sholl MCrouch Berry/Hamill
McAdam Himmelberg Sloane
Rowe Thilthorpe Jones

ROB Laird Schoenberg

Keays Pedlar Walker Kelly

Emergencies:
Lynch Fogarty Hately Seedsman

Last edited:
I tend to agree that Fogarty is not an obvious best 22 player at this stage. More than comfortable with a decision to not play him round 1

Updated R1 side after internal trial:
Injuries: Talia, Doedee Hinge?

Brown Butts McPherson
Smith Worrell Milera
Sholl MCrouch Hamill
McAdam Himmelberg Sloane
Murphy/Rowe Thilthorpe Jones

ROB Laird Schoenberg

Berry Keays/Pedlar Walker Kelly

Emergencies:
Lynch McAsey Fogarty Hately

As much as I like his speed, and the way he takes the game on, I think Hammill would have to greatly improve in the next preseason games to be selected for round 1. I hope he is a big part of our future but I reckon I’d play Pedlar and Berry before him, and Keays should play too.
If Tahlia and Doedee return soon, Picking a 22 will be pleasantly uncomfortable.
Don’t reckon Murphy should make the best 22 either.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brown butts mcpherson
Smith mcasey milera
Scholl crouch jones
Mchenry tex lynch
Rowe tilthorpe mcadam
Rob sloane laird

Keays hately pedlar schoenberg

Emg
FOG worral hammil berry

Talia and doedee to replace butts and mcasey.

Keays was a rare positive last year and great in the trial match again. Surprised to see him on the outer in so many of the teams posted here.
I can understand why, I mean he's a limited sort of player.

But he's not going anywhere yet.

Back