Review Round 10, 2023 vs Narrm

Remove this Banner Ad

Justifiable attention to Butters, Rozee and JHF, who have been fantastic. But Willem Drew deserves so much praise for his workmanlike games this year, he’s in the trenches each week doing the hard stuff and getting little handballs out or little knock ons, tackling like a maniac. I wouldn’t want him kicking for a goal to win us the game, but I love what he’s doing in the midfield this year and some of his negating roles have been excellent. Love that he’s made it now and think he’s so important to the balance in our midfield.

Grundy will be commiserating in a Brunswick St cafe on Monday while sipping a double macchiato made from a special blend of Kenyan and Ethiopian coffee beans

Hope someone hears his slurping and shushes him.

There was a snippet of Grundy kicking a goal then shhhh-ing our crowd... unsurprisingly the vid has vanished off the AFL website.

Justifiable attention to Butters, Rozee and JHF, who have been fantastic. But Willem Drew deserves so much praise for his workmanlike games this year, he’s in the trenches each week doing the hard stuff and getting little handballs out or little knock ons, tackling like a maniac. I wouldn’t want him kicking for a goal to win us the game, but I love what he’s doing in the midfield this year and some of his negating roles have been excellent. Love that he’s made it now and think he’s so important to the balance in our midfield.

He's got quicker hands than Bruce Lee.

There was a snippet of Grundy kicking a goal then shhhh-ing our crowd... unsurprisingly the vid has vanished off the AFL website.
Yes we were booing because he staged for the free that got the goal.

According to Jordan Lewis Rozee led with the head and so it was his fault Hunter hit him head high.

You watch the slow mo and Hunter doesn't look at the ball at any stage. His eyes are on Rozee and hitting him the entire time. Has to be weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I called it the first pre season trial i saw of him but Lord is very very good beneath his knees

true if he doesn't get down that low quickly with his whole body he never gets to claim that mark

WoW what a great game . Loved it , We were so good , so Port Adelaide . The intensity especially of a core group now Butters , Horne Francis , Rozee , Powell Pepper ( dare I say it ) McEntee is a joy to watch and with hard men Drew and Houston and skilful players like Burton and Bergman backing them up it’s looking strong
Thought our will to win tonight was great , we were slightly undermanned and had a few players definitely not in our best 23 .
Thought Lycett was immense , not saying he probably even won his position but he made sure Gawn and Grundy didn’t dominate, if he can keep that up I’m more than happy for him to be in the team .
Very impressed by Williams , very assured and is an automatic choice at the moment .
Im still worried about Jonas , he puts everything in and all but he struggles to keep up.
Impressed by Farrell game , not exciting but he held up defensively.
Lord impressed me a bit , like his intent and think he miget be a chance to make it , he had the Will to be involved and at least not beaten.
Finlayson was good again probably not quite as good tonight but SPP llifted again after a couple of a little quieter games.
Allir was down a little .
Mckenzie was solid .
I think we were the better team on the night , missed plenty of gettable shots at goal .
Very Port Adelaide performance
First win as Yardabuldi Power , May there be many more

Viney should get games for the hit on boak the dirty prick

Just got to that on the replay. What a campaigner. Boak was completely unaware. Wouldn't mind betting he's got some kidney damage from that.

You watch the slow mo and Hunter doesn't look at the ball at any stage. His eyes are on Rozee and hitting him the entire time. Has to be weeks.
Loving Rozee's year so far. In the past I thought he put a target on his back as he could be intimidated out of the game.

This year, taking the hits and replying with interest.

Mcentee or Evans? One spot hard to pick on tonight's effort. Would look better replacing both with Fanta and rioli

I reckon Rioli and McEntee is the right combo. Fanta and Rioli is too downhill ski-ish.

It’s like time stands still for JHF. He reminds me of Buckley, Pendlebury and peak Gray. His ball use and positioning to hit a target is amazing. I feel privileged that I (hopefully) get to watch him for the next 10 years.

No disrespect to Lycett, who was one of the difference makers tonight, but with an eye to the future, this midfield with a top-shelf ruck will be unreal. I don’t get much chance to watch the SANFL. If Hayes isn’t going to be what we all hoped, is Visentini potentially that guy or do we need to pull a decent trade from the sky?

We have a fab 4 and it includes Willem Drew. I’d like him to get some credit he deserves it but * it, let them laud the others, Drew gets s**t done and is
fast becoming a defensively elite cog in our midfield, idgaf what anyone says.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back