Preview Round 11, 2018: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Saturday 2nd June, 6:10PM AWST

Who Wins?

• Eagles

Votes: 109 80.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 26 19.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone thinking of getting in early for a gameday thread on Saturday... hate to burst your bubble but George has that s**t all typed up ready to go as we speak & is just counting down the seconds till Sunday morning when he can go bang!

Perks of being a noobie Mod, get in early ;)

Last edited:

Anyone thinking of getting in early for a gameday thread on Sunday... hate to burst your bubble but George has that s**t all typed up ready to go as we speak & is just counting down the seconds till Sunday morning when he can go bang!

pity the games on saturday.

It's more the like for like that is the kick in the pants.

At this stage Marshall is not a second ruck, if you're going that route you're plonking a ruck forward and bringing in say Longer because you at least get a contest instead of a liability initially, or you're conceding and having say Ross take a few bounces to token try. The converse is that he's insurance in a defensive mould, or we swing a forward back, or we plug a 190cm bloke on a ruck and kiss our arse goodbye as they're dragged deep forward and exploited.

Weller really did nothing to warrant a call up, either prior to or during the injury layoff, you could have then shifted the forward dynamic to rotate JB, Sincs, Gresh and co with more mid rotations pushing forward, instead you bring in Mav to if his recent form is anything to go by, run around a bit, give a few FA's and pound his chest whilst booking his bronzing appointment.

Do we literally have no one imitating a competent AFL footballer to fill any sort of role in a side where people should and are able to play multiple positions and roles?

Is this not what depth is for?

Marshall played back in the VFL at times.

pity the games on saturday.
* :(

Proves how much I’ve #eco about our actual games

Gives us some hope then.... Eagles off a 6-day break after travelling to Melbourne for a gritty win v Hawthorn

Maybe we’ll only lose by 85 points then ;)

It's more the like for like that is the kick in the pants.

At this stage Marshall is not a second ruck, if you're going that route you're plonking a ruck forward and bringing in say Longer because you at least get a contest instead of a liability initially, or you're conceding and having say Ross take a few bounces to token try. The converse is that he's insurance in a defensive mould, or we swing a forward back, or we plug a 190cm bloke on a ruck and kiss our arse goodbye as they're dragged deep forward and exploited.

Weller really did nothing to warrant a call up, either prior to or during the injury layoff, you could have then shifted the forward dynamic to rotate JB, Sincs, Gresh and co with more mid rotations pushing forward, instead you bring in Mav to if his recent form is anything to go by, run around a bit, give a few FA's and pound his chest whilst booking his bronzing appointment.

Do we literally have no one imitating a competent AFL footballer to fill any sort of role in a side where people should and are able to play multiple positions and roles?

Is this not what depth is for?
Surely not serious.

One of the youngest squads in the comp and hit by injuries and suspension.

Our depth has been plundered.

Selection night and match day, they've been grim all year.
Mind you tonight is my first melt for the season. I think?
Does any keep stats on melts, how many? How often? How hard? Maybe a flow-chart, who kicks them off and who joins in?

At least I'll be on top of the ladder in something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone thinking of getting in early for a gameday thread on Saturday... hate to burst your bubble but George has that s**t all typed up ready to go as we speak & is just counting down the seconds till Sunday morning when he can go bang!

Go nuts mate lol

Hey guys, at work so haven't read anything yet - but just a quickie before I head home. If I was Gerard Whately I would be very concerned about Hugh Goddard's future (since he seems to have a bit of concern for us at the moment, particularly our coach). I mean, the little I've seen of him in the VFL wasn't very impressive, but assuming the forward stint is over (which they said it was this week), how many tall defenders have to go down before he gets a run. Webster on Darling? If that doesn't suggest that Goddard won't be at the club pretty shortly, I don't know what would.

Having said that! Happy to be told this is hogwash and why.

hahahaha my god. either richo is trolling or he's like a toddler with a rubix cube, if i just move it around lots, that'll fix it... right guys...right?

Can't just debut someone each week for the sake of it.

Austin to take Kennedy
Webster to take darling
Marshall can swing back if needed to cover the resting ruck.
Weller actually has some experience and is very hard at it.

Or if you'd prefer we could debut another 2 kids who potentially arnt ready yet and put them to slaughter against the ladder leaders on their home ground? Smart by you!

Can't just debut someone each week for the sake of it.

Austin to take Kennedy
Webster to take darling
Marshall can swing back if needed to cover the resting ruck.
Weller actually has some experience and is very hard at it.

Or if you'd prefer we could debut another 2 kids who potentially arnt ready yet and put them to slaughter against the ladder leaders on their home ground? Smart by you!

And then he'll spend all next week telling us why Richo is s**t and should be sacked. Get with the program.

Hey guys, at work so haven't read anything yet - but just a quickie before I head home. If I was Gerard Whately I would be very concerned about Hugh Goddard's future (since he seems to have a bit of concern for us at the moment, particularly our coach). I mean, the little I've seen of him in the VFL wasn't very impressive, but assuming the forward stint is over (which they said it was this week), how many tall defenders have to go down before he gets a run. Webster on Darling? If that doesn't suggest that Goddard won't be at the club pretty shortly, I don't know what would.

Having said that! Happy to be told this is hogwash and why.
Your spot on.
I would be shocked if he was on our list next year.

But we need to play the kids apparently.
Derp....

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can't remember a Saint's team with so many guys 23 or under - huge really for development and what ever they show they will only get better - surprise Coffield is not playing - but I suppose it was him or Marshall and because we are going in short this week anyhow , Marshall had to be picked and he can play key back or forward as well as ruck,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back