Review Round 17 vs Greater Western Sydney @ Mars Stadium (11.07.2021 @ 12:40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

For some strange reason, i have a feeling we may actually win this one.

GWS just beat Melbourne (massive win), but they also drew to North and lost to Hawthorn.

Now this game has been moved to Ballarat, and the conditions will be very similiar (wind & temp)

GWS are missing Jeremy Cameron now so we don't have to worry about him kicking 10, their midfield is very good. Their defence is solid but very young. Sean Lemmens should be able to take Toby Greene. Maybe a boost from Stephen Cognilo.

Last year we played GWS, we both played pretty horrible but had chances to win, definitely better than previous years where we got smashed by 50+

Surely with our win last week the boys finally have some confidence and belief again. Hugh Greenwood & Lachie Weller coming back in will both be very hungry, just need some support up top for Ben King. We need to find a way to add GOALS

Sexton and Corbett out for Weller and Greenwood I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We do have to find a way for Fiorini and Greenwood to play in the guts at the same time though. Maybe them and Touk. Swallow playing more forward. Rowell rotating in off somewhere. If we can unlock them all playing in the same side and well then it will make us so much more competitive.

We do have to find a way for Fiorini and Greenwood to play in the guts at the same time though. Maybe them and Touk. Swallow playing more forward. Rowell rotating in off somewhere. If we can unlock them all playing in the same side and well then it will make us so much more competitive.

Fiorini is essentially playing in Anderson’s position. Swallow, Greenwood, Touk and Anderson have played together all year, so that shouldn’t be the issue. Greenwood and Swallow can rest forward. Rowell goes into the guts in bursts to help the rotations. I like this balance.

If Weller AND Greenwood come back in, then it’s a different story as to how we line up.

For some strange reason, i have a feeling we may actually win this one.

GWS just beat Melbourne (massive win), but they also drew to North and lost to Hawthorn.

Now this game has been moved to Ballarat, and the conditions will be very similiar (wind & temp)

GWS are missing Jeremy Cameron now so we don't have to worry about him kicking 10, their midfield is very good. Their defence is solid but very young. Sean Lemmens should be able to take Toby Greene. Maybe a boost from Stephen Cognilo.

Last year we played GWS, we both played pretty horrible but had chances to win, definitely better than previous years where we got smashed by 50+

Surely with our win last week the boys finally have some confidence and belief again. Hugh Greenwood & Lachie Weller coming back in will both be very hungry, just need some support up top for Ben King. We need to find a way to add GOALS
We always struggle against GWS with their midfield depth, but it’s surprising we are rank outsiders with the bookies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training tomorrow at Goschs Paddock 9-10:30am for anyone wanting to go.

Jen2310 any chances of your famous training report 😛
Yeah, I saw that haha.

Pies training is from 10, so I can do both.

And its on the same street. just on opposite sides of AAMI park

I really hope that after all the hype regarding the noise at the Richmond game that helped the boys get over line, we can back that up again this week since it sounds like there will be strong numbers going to Ballarat this weekend.

Training tomorrow at Goschs Paddock 9-10:30am for anyone wanting to go.

Jen2310 any chances of your famous training report 😛
They ought to be training on North Ballarat No 2, getting used to the drier, chillier conditions, and the wind. Groschs Paddock is nothing like Ballarat, it's a rookie mistake that the Western Bulldogs made when they first played there.

They ought to be training on North Ballarat No 2, getting used to the drier, chillier conditions, and the wind. Groschs Paddock is nothing like Ballarat, it's a rookie mistake that the Western Bulldogs made when they first played there.
Yeah maybe we do that Saturday OR GWS wouldn’t let us do it?

No Lachie Weller and likely no Zac Smith! That's pretty surprising, but I think the right call given how low in form both of them were.

Coaches reading BigFooty, I wonder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back