Autopsy Round 2 vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think we are a basket case. I think last year we showed we can play good footy. There is talent on the list and some of our kids look like they are going to make it.

This playing group needs a new voice, a new direction. Brad has had 10 years to put his stamp on this team, but the lack of development and lack of direction, shows his time is up.

Every list has talent, its all relative. could you honestly say our young talent is any better than any other team in comp?
I cannot

Our board, and CEO are in particular, are too "nice". We need people running our club with the balls to make tough decisions, even if it means pissing people off.

They don't have any issue pissing the supporters off.

They hit the post about 4 times as well, all quite gettable shots at goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok coming into this season I had us slotting into 9th now after two rounds who do you confidently think we can hands down beat and how ugly is it going to get ?

Looking at the next 5:
Hawthorn at the MCG - Lose
Adelaide at Marvel - High risk of losing
Bombers at Marvel (Good Friday) - Bombers could be up and about bouncing back in a week, who knows.
Power at AO - BIG LOSE if you're going by home factor + JLT results
Blues at Marvel - Win.

Season is completely over by Round 3 if this is what's going to happen.
Following run is Cats, Sydney, Dogs, Richmond.

I cannot even begin to tell you how hard our draw even is, let alone how screwed we are by Round 7.

so we could have 1-2 wins by round 11. its scary i Actually think we may give Scott the flick this season. sitting in the bottom 4 is just not going to be on with this club considering we havnt got supporters coming out of our ass, we cant just sit back and collect picks and wait already hav trouble hooking named players. Fans at unease round two by round 11 id expect the Scott out signs all around the ground.

so we could have 1-2 wins by round 11. its scary i Actually think we may give Scott the flick this season. sitting in the bottom 4 is just not going to be on with this club considering we havnt got supporters coming out of our ass, we cant just sit back and collect picks and wait already hav trouble hooking named players. Fans at unease round two by round 11 id expect the Scott out signs all around the ground.

His job should be coming into question should we lose this weekend. I expect dramatic blowtorches to him from the media barring any other clubs don't stuff up as much.

We've already flown a fair bit under the radar due to the Bombers being so deplorable.

Pick 8 and 11 and we picked up Thomas, Polec and Pittard. Good list management.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t think Pykie’s suggesting we did badly with pick 11. He’s saying we could have ... ah ... committed more strongly to the rebuild and had pick 5-6 instead of 11.

You gotta remember where Pykie's coming from and his bias to young talent tho. And I don’t know how we get Polec in that circumstance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His job should be coming into question should we lose this weekend. I expect dramatic blowtorches to him from the media barring any other clubs don't stuff up as much.

We've already flown a fair bit under the radar due to the Bombers being so deplorable.
he might get off the hook cause ever way if Melb lose this week all heat on them, If dons lose same deal I think we are just expected to go down this week. being a roo since the 80's i can handle losing, it the manner they do it in. one of my mosy enjoyable season recently was the post Boomer season not winning alot but seeing these kids have a real crack.

I dont know maybe all the changes have just beaten coaching staff and is just going to be the end for a few of them

The board will conduct a 3 day retreat at the Hepburn Spa Centre (at the members expense) with Brad, where a severe course of aromatherapy, herbal tea infusions, Reiki healing and candle burning will be undertaken in order to cast out toxins and evil repressive"vibes", whilst Feng Shui practitioners go to work at Arden Street in order to "cleanse" and optimize "Qi" in line with their return.

He will then receive a 4 year contract extension because the board "thinks he's nice".

Last edited:
The Brisbane crowd were awesome, i had some people who were watching on tv ask me if lions supporters out numbered north. They had something exciting to cheer about though.....
But it wasn’t that. Our crowd cheered goals but pretty half heartedly - like we knew not to get ahead of ourselves - and their fans were up and about from the start. Lions also took pretty much all their kicks for goal in comfortable silence. I kept thinking we should be making a racket, booing and at least trying to make it harder, but a middle aged woman trying to get a loud boo going is not a good look.

I saw Brad said we were good from stoppages. Not in the game I was at. Thumped in the centre square most of the day and regularly around the ground as well. And when we won a clearance we so often ballsed it up with mistakes.

LDU looked the goods. Happy with Polec. Ben10 generally great.

Couldn’t help noticing how often McDonald got into space down my wing and called for the ball and wasn’t given it once. Teammates don’t trust you, it’s time for a spell. It is anyway, just not good enough. Jy needs to go back and get confidence or something at VFL level.

Even when North were in front today, they just didn’t look good. I’d have taken the ugly win, of course, but this game - even setting aside last week’s debacle - showed up a lot of work that needs to be done. I wish I had confidence it will happen.
Props for being balanced and measured as usual.

The clubs in a rut and no end of it in sight

But it wasn’t that. Our crowd cheered goals but pretty half heartedly - like we knew not to get ahead of ourselves - and their fans were up and about from the start. Lions also took pretty much all their kicks for goal in comfortable silence. I kept thinking we should be making a racket, booing and at least trying to make it harder, but a middle aged woman trying to get a loud boo going is not a good look.

Lol. Middle aged men trying to get a loud boo going is an even worse look. It doesn’t stop them, though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn’t over analyze the size and noise of the crowd. I think the answer is simple - that debacle in Perth has cut deeper than the club realize and simply cheering and clapping goals as if nothing happened wasn’t going to happen. But couple of wins would clear that up easily and things would be back to normal because that’s footy.

But given those wins aren’t coming - there will be more of the same until we turn the corner.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lachie Neale ****ed us in the middle
Rich got off the leash and would hurt us late when the game opened up

The new rules suited Brisbane and they were always going to end up on top.

Bit like an experienced Chess player going up against an inferior opponent.
Ups and downs and will relinquish the lead momentarily. Eventually will come out triumphant.

They have more cohesion with their side and the coach knows what he’s doing.
Sometimes that’s all it takes.

Btw the club should be extremely concerned about its commercial operations this year.
The 0-2 start has a hint of season over and sky is falling feeling that usually shouldn’t be there until round 15-16.

Crowds will drop off and interest will dip if a change doesn’t occur. Right now though the club is bullshitting it’s way through the season and people aren’t falling for it.
They have no idea how much the damage last Sunday caused. No idea.

Last edited:

We fly under the radar because nobody in the media ever expects us to jump out of mid table mediocrity
Once or twice we have , and the list had been exposed with a big finals smashing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back