Preview Round 21, 2019: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, 9 August 2019, 7.50pm @ UNSW Canberra Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not particularly directed to you but I don't understand why people keep suggesting we drop Breust.

We're struggling to kick a score and people keep suggesting we drop our No 1 goalkicker for the year - usually for someone who has kicked far less at VFL level.

It's not like he is only kicking goals either . He is also No 1 for goal assists as well and is laying plenty of tackles too.

I know he is not kicking a bag every week but:

(a) No small forward does. It's tough to have a consistent impact in that role and Breust does it as well as anyone. At least he still has an influence when not kicking goals
(b) The whole team is struggling to kick big scores due to a number of factors.
When he decides to turn up he is good. More often than not this year he looks like he is going through the motions. A game at Box Hill won’t hurt.

Bruest won't be dropped. But he hasn't really been the Bruest we know and expect this year. Neither has Gunston been but I'm pretty sure he's been playing unfit all year but hasn't put up the towel yet.

What if you win this week though?
We are two games and % out with 3 games left including a trip to Perth to play WC.
Pretty sure he'd still get the game.

We are definitely good enough to win this, and as usual I'll be barracking hard.

This mob's in sketchy form since their smashing of collingwood, and no doubt Leon Cameron would be doing everything in his power to get this group up and about for September. Still one of the most dangerous teams in the comp when they're on, even without Kelly, Cogs etc.

-Want to see Chad bring it again

-Scully to have a big day against the old firm

-Lewis getting the experience of playing on Davis

-Wouldn't mind seeing Cousins or Ross have a game either.

My wife bought me tickets to this game for my birthday back in March.
Drove past the ground today. Really looking forward to seeing Mitch Lewis in the flesh

We're flying up to Canberra tomorrow, still in shock that there is a place so much colder than Melbourne.

Will be taking the thermal underwear!

We're flying up to Canberra tomorrow, still in shock that there is a place so much colder than Melbourne.

Melbourne has nothing on Canberra.
Was minus 5 here last night.

Just heard the forecast for Canberra on Friday. Rain with a chance of snow.
High of 8 and o’nite min of -1.

Hook us up via PM if you are interested in catching up for a chat at the game.
I have no idea where I am sitting. Will worry about that on Friday.

Safe travels

Melbourne has nothing on Canberra.
Was minus 5 here last night.

Just heard the forecast for Canberra on Friday. Rain with a chance of snow.
High of 8 and o’nite min of -1.

Hook us up via PM if you are interested in catching up for a chat at the game.
I have no idea where I am sitting. Will worry about that on Friday.

Safe travels
Snow predicted at 600 metres. Most time the forecasts turn out to be fissers. If it cloudy and no wind it will be cold but not that bad. With wind and rain, might have to watch it from the warmth of the Kingo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snow predicted at 600 metres. Most time the forecasts turn out to be fissers. If it cloudy and no wind it will be cold but not that bad. With wind and rain, might have to watch it from the warmth of the Kingo

Not likely. Been here 7 years and have been waiting. I will be there rain hail or snow. Will remind me of the days watching the magoos at Waverley. Some morning the fog was so heavy you could only see 1/8 of the field....oh there's the ball and it's gone again.

Won't be surprised is Walker gets the call up. Finals off the radar, playing against the club who's academy he was part of, backed up a bag of goals with another in the VFL and Hanrahan quiet last week. The perfect storm.

CJ to replace Birchall.
Cegs or Pitt for McEvoy
Morrison for Burgers
Unless Burger is injured, I cant see him missing. He will want to play every possible game to get to 400, especially as he does not need to rest for the finals.
If McEvoy is out, id like to give Pitts another go. He needs game time to see if he can eventually make it.
Scrimmers for Birch and Id love to see Walker have a run just for the excitement of seeing another junior get a go. Maybe a call up for Cousins as he is deserving of another crack. Reckon Ollie may be done for the year in the ones. We have had a look at him and like what we see. Needs a big prep for 2020.
However, I can't see too many changes though TBH.

Expecting McEvoy & Burgoyne to miss

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty much putting it in the book as done with your history mate, thanks as always!

So - if there's no McEvoy or Burgoyne, and Birchall is out.

In: Pittonet, Scrimshaw (Maybe) and Walker

It won't be a game for the marking ruckmen to impact, but it will be good to set Pittonet against the bloke he models his game after. I like his impact around the stoppages and his follow up work.

I'd like to see Scrimshaw back, but with the fact that he's coming off an injury they may not throw him into the freezing cold immediately.

Walker, I just think he could come in and impact. There's certain players you just get a feeling about and he has that.

I think we might see a potential debut. I’d like to see Ross play.

McEvoy was pretty sore after quarter time last week. He might be rested. No point in risking any more senior players when the season is already over.

Cousins is the inform player in the VFL. Apart from him there’s nobody else demanding selection.

Softy if we are up at three quarter time Ill be the one in the outer with just jeans and sleeveless Hawks top on, oh and a beer.
Can't ask the boys to do it without support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back