Review Round 3, 2021 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing manner to lose but was always a tough fixture on paper

Unfortunately a month of games against training cones meant we carried liabilities in the 22 and got found out. How many times can Motlop go completely missing in games that matter before Hinkley figures it out? Meanwhile Stevie Wonder can see Hamish is done

Shuey always destroys our midfield. Boak only really came good after he went off in the last. Nic Nat belted us at stoppages

Ladams biggest area of focus in pre season was his marking , hasn't improved 1 bit , drop for Hayes.

Hartlett sanfl thanks , clurey a dog s**t 1 on 1 defender need to find replacement

Butters need to be in the middle more

Ladhams MUST be dropped after a performance like that. Absolute horse sh*t from him all night. Very very disappointing from a player with so much potential.

I'd be OK with Hartlett being sub next week too
Drinking too much of his own bathwater I think.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really hope that our 2021 isn't to 2020 what 2015 was to 2014. It's only round 3 so it's not season over, but I've seen this game a few too many times from us in recent memory. Need to bounce back rapidly, and that includes some personnel changes for round 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Hinkley era game is over at 1/4 time. down by 4.3 at quarter time, 5.3 after 10 minutes into 2nd and final margin was 5.7.

Nick Nat should be known as the Butler, nobody gives better silver service to a group of mid fielders than him.

It was not that he put it straight down their throat, it was that he hit it into space, their mids knew it was going there, they were on the move as the ball was coming down from the bounce and our mids were bloody flat footed and 2 or 4 steps behind their Eagles opponent and bang they were away with a clearance.

How *in hard was it for our mids to say, we have to be super defensive tonight, step on their toes, put and arm across them, move when they move so they don't give their opponents a free run. Just dumb and lazy.

At least we didn't give up and kicked some cheapies, especially when Nick Nat went off and we got some clearances. The oppo don't let us run away with big last quarters to win by 15 goals so at least we put in an effort to stop a 70 pt loss.

I honestly believe this was overwhelmingly the difference tonight. Everything else came because of it.
Would be nice if our coaches knew how to set up the midfield when we are being dominated in ruck.

Flirted with what was working at selection.

Hinkley once again showing he is incapable of addressing issues within a game. The zone should have been ditched within the first 10 mins but once again his pride is more important than the result. Like really, who goes to play WC in perth and plays a zone they can pick apart from the start? It's how they play, it's how they want to play and Ken thought his tactics would be superior!

LOL@Hinkley

Throw in some of the softest, most gutless efforts early on and add in a back 6 who (apart from maybe the captain) can't actually defend when it's needed and it's a total cluster* of epic magnitude.

Midfield that was slaughtered yet still set-up like we were going to win the ball.

Diabolical night for the Club.

Need to not only respond next week but for about the next 5 to prove we are nothing more than front running, uncontested, egotistical fools.

That was extremely poor and many should count their lucky starts if they get picked next week or in the future.

That was pretty s**t. I Qaudrangle of doom never got a shot due to Lycett getting towelled up and our mids being asleep for half a game. Lots of jogging around and letting the eagles do what they want.

Drew is not going to make it at this level. We're wasting our time with him. Needs to be SPP or Rocky on, but if they're unavailable snd we want a mid, MEAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back