Unofficial Preview Round 5 Port Adelaide vs Geelong Saturday 21 Adelaide Oval 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played 23 games in 2016 and 21 last year. 1 out of 4 this year so far. Relax max-he’s not going anywhere.
l

Plenty of teams would appreciate Smith's natural abilities.
Why wouldn't he start contemplating his options in case Scott can't get over his current mindset.

By the way my hunch is "late in" Charlie Constable.

Team selection and performance are not all that aligned at the moment.

Bullshit they’re not. They’re picking the best sides available given fitness. You just think Smith should be in regardless of form. So contradictory to your own statement.

Stating he backs away from contests during a football discussion is far different to what you & others are saying happened at games, perhaps that's where people's anger need to directed to.
Oh he did do that sort of stuff. He definitely had his flaws.
But a lot of what people were saying was that he was lazy which he often wasn't.
Sometimes he was our hardest worker.

Do we really need to replace gregson? He wasnt doing anything of critical value for the team that requires a like for like replacement.
Not unless we want to keep the same formation/structure, admittedly. I don't mind your thinking, but the ease with which the opposition have exited defensive fifty over the start of the year does make me wonder if removing a small player back to the middle is a great idea. Fogerty and Parfitt are locked-in up forward at this stage, but otherwise we are light on for smaller numbers forward of centre.

l

Why wouldn't he start contemplating his options in case Scott can't get over his current mindset.

We aren't gonna delist him and he wouldn't get paid much more anywhere else.
Also has Gaz and church and that. I really doubt he'd be going anywhere

Stating he backs away from contests during a football discussion is far different to what you & others are saying happened at games, perhaps that's where people's anger need to directed to.

And he did. Remember the one against the suns last year when he slowed right down instead of taking the mark, cause steven may was coming towards him? But maybe we are spoiled having someone like selwood in the side who would run through a brick ball to get possession.

But supporters love players who put their body on the line for the club. Motlop never really did. Avoided contact as much as he could. And his half hearted attempted one arm tackles drove a lot of us nuts.

Happy with Thurlow back in the side but Parsons just being given another game. Rather play Constable
THE Problem is Constable is a midfielder so he's hardly a replacement for Gregsons role.

Do we really need to replace gregson? He wasnt doing anything of critical value for the team that requires a like for like replacement.

Okay we don’t have to mention Gregson’s name if it makes you feel better. We need to replace a small forward role who spends a short amount of time pushing up onto a wing, I’m still bringing Parsons in.

If Jones or Miers had a big game or two in the VFL and were pushing for a spot then I’m all for bringing them in but they aren’t so Parsons comes in.

Parsons shouldn't be getting a game, especially after not having played since being dropped, but we don't have anyone else so fair enough.

happy with thurlow in for zuthrie, hope he gets a few games at it at least to prove his worth.

Think Stanley might actually play a very good game against ports average ruck line up, I for one hope he does, half so i can read the melts on here afterwards about how it doesn't count and he's still crap
Parsons may have been rested for this week. No VFL- suggests that.
They say he is important for us and has attributes they value- that is good enough for me.
The angst written about a young player , or any player really, is unwarranted.

The Motlop is soft and a front runner remarks are back. Too bad he had to go to Adelaide to find a club where he’s loved and wanted. He should be on our list.
A few more performances like last week and they’ll start to understand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we do play Constable - who has shown the better form in a limited sense - the problem is one of versatility. Menegola was pretty rotten up forward, while playing Danger forward is a risk. Constable doesn't sound like a forward in any sense of the word.
Menongola is a very good mark and kick. Should provide headaches up forward when there for a chop out.

l

Don’t think Constable is travelling to Adelaide so that might make it a bit hard for him to be a late in.

We aren't gonna delist him and he wouldn't get paid much more anywhere else.
Also has Gaz and church and that. I really doubt he'd be going anywhere

How do you know he's happy at church and that. Do you know his pastor or something.
He reckons Scott will only play one ruck.
Don’t think Constable is travelling to Adelaide so that might make it a bit hard for him to be a late in.

Twood!.... Pity that!

Parsons may have been rested for this week. No VFL- suggests that.
They say he is important for us and has attributes they value- that is good enough for me.
The angst written about a young player , or any player really, is unwarranted.

The club clearly rates him for a reason and he’s only 21, but sometimes I really feel like he’s a liability. I’m certainly not going to write him off, but I can’t help but think he’s being gifted games he doesn’t deserve.

He had nine games last year in which he registered less than ten disposals. Out of his three games this year he’s already registered a sub-10 disposals game. His pressure act and tackle numbers are only average also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back