Game Day Round 8 Vs Geelong - Monday Night Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Banfield today solidified that he's not going to be a viable player for us in the future. It's a shame because in 2018 he was quite handy. I'd love to see McCarthy get a run of it as the third tall if he's fit, he deserves a run. Blakely doesn't get in because he ain't gonna get in. Colyer was fine today so I'm not gonna call for him to be dropped. Just the one change this week.

IN: McCarthy
OUT: Banfield

Out: Banfield

In: Pina or Watson

Bring in Watson or Pina to play the role Aish did today (I think either can make an immediate impact), and move Aish back to the wing to play to his strengths.

Play Acres more in the middle and less wing, to make use of his big body around stoppages and move Serong up to play mostly as a small forward, until we can get Sturt back into the team. I'd also like to see Frederick retain his spot and played more around goal, I can see him crumbing off Tabs and Lobb.

Our small forwards looked flat footed and predictable today, having Serong and Frederick up there more should provide a bit of xfactor but also defensive pressure because of their pace.

Schultz very luck to keep his spot. Backing Tucker to bounce back next week, possibly played sore after last week? Out of character for him.

Am I reading the stats correctly? Schultz - 7 disposals at 0% disposal eff?

He gets a pass because of last week and we can't/won't drop 3-4 players at once.

Banfield has to be the first to go, Coyler aswell.

Don't worry though, Conca should be good to go. Wonder if Sturt will be good to go being we don't play for 8 more days?
That doesn’t surprise me, his disposal was horrendous tonight. This is not a new thing. Last week I gave him kudos, it was the first time he could be as handy as Switta but his poor disposal may be too big a hurdle to overcome. Likely stays in though because our first two choices, Henry and Switta are underdone/inju

Out: Banfield, Schultz, Colyer
In: McCarthy, Thomas, Crowden

Bit different but they’ve given Thomas some good wraps and I don’t think he could be worse than Schultz. Colyer should not be in the team and I would love to understand why they think he should be

That doesn’t surprise me, his disposal was horrendous tonight. This is not a new thing. Last week I gave him kudos, it was the first time he could be as handy as Switta but his poor disposal may be too big a hurdle to overcome. Likely stays in though because our first two choices, Henry and Switta are underdone/inju

Out: Banfield, Schultz, Colyer
In: McCarthy, Thomas, Crowden

Bit different but they’ve given Thomas some good wraps and I don’t think he could be worse than Schultz. Colyer should not be in the team and I would love to understand why they think he should be
Sorry, who's Thomas?

Sorry, who's Thomas?
Leno Thomas. NGA pick up from last year

Been getting some praise in the scratchies, playing as a small defensive forward with decent skills who is very hard at it.Like I said, going a bit different

Leno Thomas. NGA pick up from last year

Been getting some praise in the scratchies, playing as a small defensive forward with decent skills who is very hard at it.Like I said, going a bit different

I haven't heard his name since the indiscretion in February, to be honest I thought he hadn't gone to the gold coast hub. Good to hear he's been playing in scratchies and getting some praise, I thought he might be a long way off.

I haven't heard his name since the indiscretion in February, to be honest I thought he hadn't gone to the gold coast hub. Good to hear he's been playing in scratchies and getting some praise, I thought he might be a long way off.
Carter’s the one to me that is basically a ghost, but Thomas was definitely singled out last game and I think the one before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins might kick 10 if it's a clear night. We are in deep s**t.
Out Banfield, In Sturt. That will hardly solve our problems, but the cupboard is as bare as Weber's fat ugly head.

Hawkins might kick 10 if it's a clear night. We are in deep sh*t.
Out Banfield, In Sturt. That will hardly solve our problems, but the cupboard is as bare as Weber's fat ugly head.
Agree. Was praying and hoping for rain today. But was as clear and cool can be.
Ablett and Selwood out is huge, however.
But Geelong are such a defensive unit they’ll just go all out squeeze the life out of us mode.

McCarthy, Sturt and give Crowden another crack maybe.
Out: Banfield, Coyler, Schultz

Hughes - Ryan - Duman
Wilson - Cox - Hill
Aish - Tucker - Acres
Walters - Lobb - McCarthy
Sturt - Tabs - Frederick

Darcy - Brayshaw - Cerra

Mundy - Bewley - Serong - Crowden

I imagine Conca comes in but he's not exactly the solution to any of our problems.

We need to get a look at Meek and Valente this year. Ideally 4-5 games each so we know what to do with them at the end of the year.

At the stage now where this year is a write off completely with injuries.
It’s all about development.
I can’t work out what Crowden did that was bad enough on his first game to get dropped and never come back.
id give him Schultz or Banfield’s spot.
Tobe Watson needs to play. Duman can have a rest
Blakely and North need to play. Mundy gets a week’s rest to freshen up. Keep playing Frederick, get Henry in as soon as he’s ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back