Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Does any other club flog the living s**t out of their propaganda machine purely to try to get people to like the coach?

The only similar scenario recently has been David Warner. The cricket media kept shoving him down our throats, but the public wasn’t buying it. Just own that you’re unliked.

"That’s where it starts and end"

~ Daniel Norton

Now reality....

The great Ken Hinkley — who has been wonderful for Port Adelaide in the pursuit of a stable dynasty — has a 10-11 record in Showdowns versus:

• Brenton Sanderson (3-1)
• Phil Walsh (1-0)
• Scott Camporeale (0-1)
• Don Pyke (2-6)
• Matthew Nicks (4-3)

Hinkley's contract years.

2014 Port 5th Carlton 13th
2015 Port 9th Carlton 18th
2016 Port 10th Carlton 14th
2017 Port 5th Carlton 16th (Hinkley contract year.)
2018 Port 10th Carlton 18th
2019 Port 10th Carlton 16th
2020 Port 1st Carlton 11th (Hinkley contract year.)
2021 Port 2nd Carlton 13th
2022 Port 11th Carlton 9th
2023 Port 3rd Carlton 5th (Hinkley contract year.)

Winning streaks
Port Adelaide 2023, 13 wins, straight sets exit 🍩
Geelong 2022, 16 wins, Premiership
Collingwood 2011, 14 wins, Grand Final
St Kilda 2009, 19 wins, Grand Final
Geelong 2009, 13 wins, Premiership
Geelong 2008, 15 wins, Grand Final
Geelong 2007, 15 wins, Premiership
Brisbane 2001, 15 wins, Grand Final
Essendon 2000, 20 wins, Premiership
Carlton 1995, 16 wins, Premiership

First coach in VFL/AFL history to fail to make a grand final in his first 11 years in his first senior coach job

View attachment 1915635
Is this really what people think, well we are doomed. You get paid a heap of cash to take a team to a GF for * sakes and he fails continually, sack the loser.

If you have high blood pressure avoid Craig Macrae's episode on the howie games podcast

He's a very insightful man

"That’s where it starts and end"

~ Daniel Norton

Now reality....

The great Ken Hinkley — who has been wonderful for Port Adelaide in the pursuit of a stable dynasty — has a 10-11 record in Showdowns versus:

• Brenton Sanderson (3-1)
• Phil Walsh (1-0)
• Scott Camporeale (0-1)
• Don Pyke (2-6)
• Matthew Nicks (4-3)

Hinkley's contract years.

2014 Port 5th Carlton 13th
2015 Port 9th Carlton 18th
2016 Port 10th Carlton 14th
2017 Port 5th Carlton 16th (Hinkley contract year.)
2018 Port 10th Carlton 18th
2019 Port 10th Carlton 16th
2020 Port 1st Carlton 11th (Hinkley contract year.)
2021 Port 2nd Carlton 13th
2022 Port 11th Carlton 9th
2023 Port 3rd Carlton 5th (Hinkley contract year.)

Winning streaks
Port Adelaide 2023, 13 wins, straight sets exit 🍩
Geelong 2022, 16 wins, Premiership
Collingwood 2011, 14 wins, Grand Final
St Kilda 2009, 19 wins, Grand Final
Geelong 2009, 13 wins, Premiership
Geelong 2008, 15 wins, Grand Final
Geelong 2007, 15 wins, Premiership
Brisbane 2001, 15 wins, Grand Final
Essendon 2000, 20 wins, Premiership
Carlton 1995, 16 wins, Premiership

First coach in VFL/AFL history to fail to make a grand final in his first 11 years in his first senior coach job

View attachment 1915635

Norton is another cretin at the club. Glorified fan boy. The whole administration from top to bottom is just laughable.

The only similar scenario recently has been David Warner. The cricket media kept shoving him down our throats, but the public wasn’t buying it. Just own that you’re unliked.
He was about as welcome as herpes when he popped up in those T20's after having a week long suck-me-off farewell.

The 119 is obviously going to live with Port forever. I am probably in the minority but I classify that 2021 Prelim as a worse result.
It's worse. We know, as it's a VFL, that Geelong 2007 sudden hair loss and forehead growth size was just a coincidence :rolleyes: Yeah, that result would suck if it was legit, but since Essendon's 'adventures', all it does is make me angry that it stays in the record books, rather than an obviously required public investigation and wiping from the official records. Though with Hinkley it makes me wonder how much, as an assistant there at the time, he knew about it.

2014 Port 5th
2015 Port 9th
2016 Port 10th
2017 Port 5th (Hinkley contract year.)
2018 Port 10th
2019 Port 10th
2020 Port 1st (Hinkley contract year.)
2021 Port 2nd
2022 Port 11th
2023 Port 3rd (Hinkley contract year.)

By the way, a simple analysis of this.

He's had 7 non-contract years since his first season. In those years the change on the previous season's ladder position has been:
-4, -1, -5, 0, -1, -9

He's had 3 contract years since his first season. In those years the change on the previous season's ladder position has been:
+5, +9, +8

In the last decade he has never improved the club in a non-contract year, or failed to improve the club in a contract year. Not once.
The Jake Stringer of coaches

JOB DESCRIPTION - SENIOR COACH, PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL

ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS
*Must be a "nice guy"
*Must be a father-figure
*Must stay quiet in the off-season
*When giving media interviews, must talk in riddles, and ignore tough questions if you aren't smart enough to answer
*Must never be accountable for anything, and lay blame on players or weather where necessary

DESIRABLE (but not essential) CHARACTERISTICS:
*Winning
*Development of adequate game-plan
*Ability to make moves during games
*Making plans around winning finals and a premiership
*Positive win-loss record in Showdowns
*Love the workplace environment or at least not hate the joint
*Be available to commit for 20 plus years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the dust settled on Longmire's 13th season at the helm of the Swans, the 53-year-old travelled to the United States with Cox for a four-day intensive course at the Ivy League institution. More than 40 CEOs and executives from all over the world joined them and it quickly became more about coaching, less about bookwork.

Professional development trips used to be annual pilgrimages for coaches until COVID-19 squeezed the life out of the soft cap. But after enduring a season afflicted by injury that ended on the first weekend of September, before the club's most active Trade Period since 2009 – Josh Kennedy, Shane Mumford, Ben McGlynn and Mark Seaby – Longmire needed a reset.

Swans assistant coach Jarrad McVeigh linked up with Longmire and Cox and the trio spent time inside the Boston Celtics, New England Patriots and Brooklyn Nets, gleaning information to bring back to Sydney, reinforcing ideas that were already part of the program.

Hear about these trips all the time but I can't remember old mate doing anything, ever, to try and better himself since deck chairs.

As the dust settled on Longmire's 13th season at the helm of the Swans, the 53-year-old travelled to the United States with Cox for a four-day intensive course at the Ivy League institution. More than 40 CEOs and executives from all over the world joined them and it quickly became more about coaching, less about bookwork.

Professional development trips used to be annual pilgrimages for coaches until COVID-19 squeezed the life out of the soft cap. But after enduring a season afflicted by injury that ended on the first weekend of September, before the club's most active Trade Period since 2009 – Josh Kennedy, Shane Mumford, Ben McGlynn and Mark Seaby – Longmire needed a reset.

Swans assistant coach Jarrad McVeigh linked up with Longmire and Cox and the trio spent time inside the Boston Celtics, New England Patriots and Brooklyn Nets, gleaning information to bring back to Sydney, reinforcing ideas that were already part of the program.

Hear about these trips all the time but I can't remember old mate doing anything, ever, to try and better himself since deck chairs.

Heard he's headed over to Glasgow to the Wonka extravaganza so that he can learn about running a successful organisation

In all the surveys where the club asks me what can they to do to improve my game day experience I respond "win". I don't give a rat's about all of the other faffery that goes on pregame and during the breaks to keep the theatre goers entertained.
I know for a fact that the people at the club genuinely hate this response. I have been asked by a few people who were management level at the club and both of whom I actually respect, roll their eyes at this response. They are indoctrinated by the board, CEO to ask about improving the fluff element. I just say "Wi", it's that ******* simple.

I eat pieces of s**t like Ken Hinkley for breakfast.

Then why is he still our coach

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back